Biafine Cream

This area provides information on name brand products that our members have tried or used in an attempt to treat their damage. Some products have been useful and others have not. "For Profit" website and, product mentions should be kept to this area only. These products include topical skin care, supplements, makeup, sunblock, etc.

Biafine Cream

PostPosted by prague » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:54 pm

I wonder if this would help. Amazing no one gave this to me before

https://www.biafine.orthoneutrogena.com/
prague
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Re: Biafine Cream

PostPosted by DCNGA » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:57 pm

It helped me when I was having so much redness and irritation afterwards. My derm gave me samples to use, but it was months afterwards, but it did help me some. Its mechanism of action supposedly works better sooner rather than later--meaning the sooner you use it after the injury,the better.
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by prague » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:05 pm

Wish I had known about this when I had my retin-a burn. It probably would have healed me. Wonder why no one gave this to me.
Last edited by prague on Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
prague
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Hummbird123 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:21 pm

I am upset I was not given this. This is exactly what I needed to be using after being burned by the Kaiser RN. Of course I wasn't given the prescription because then there would've been some documentation in my chart about being burned..... :x
My experiences, thoughts and recommendendations for healing after device damage.
post11655.html#p11655 I am Erica now on this forum.
Hummbird123
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Hummbird123 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:19 pm

Here's more information found on Essential Day Spa about Biafine:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/vi ... postorder=

"Finallly stumbled across something that is the holy grail as far as post-laser, cosmetic peels or microdermabrasion, Ipl's and procedure healing. The miracle emulsion is Biafine, usually prescribed for burn victims and diabetics with wounds that won't heal. You do have to get a prescription for it, but it is well worth the 20.00 per tube (ins. covered mine). After weeks of post-healing skin inflammation since my Fraxel, I convinced my derm to call in a RX for it. Google it and it is amazing what all it will do. Overnight now my skin is like new, the dead skin falling off with healed skin underneath. I just wish I could have found it sooner and avoided all the post-laser mess I have been through."

Maddening that most of us have not been given this cream. Sounds like most of us would benefit from it. I know of only one damage victim who was given the prescription and she credits it with how well her skin has healed.
My experiences, thoughts and recommendendations for healing after device damage.
Hummbird123
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by prague » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:33 pm

I wonder what other prescription creams could have benefited us, but we were never given because the doctors would have to admit that damage had occurred. Instead they give Retin-a over and over again. Do they know this damages our already laser damaged skin more or are they just not aware and don't know what else to do.
prague
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by prague » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:52 pm

This is day 3. I was very happy with the Biafine Cream the first 2 days. I saw improvement of small surface scars closing. For some reason my skin is now sensitive again. I had to wash it off this evening and put my CeraVe on. So happy to have found the CeraVe. Only problem is CeraVe will do nothing for my scars. I am going to spot treat the scars with the Biafine. I think this cream really would have helped had I found it sooner. I think the cream induces inflammation. Does anyone know? I think my skin is so sensitive because it has been inflamed for so long.
prague
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Hummbird123 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:11 pm

Hummbird123
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by prague » Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:12 pm

For some reason I had a bad reaction to the Biafine cream. Only on my cheeks. My cheeks are most sensitive. I have some enlarged pores now (I never had before) and both cheeks are red, inflamed and sensitive. I am going to stick with my CeraVe now.
prague
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by prague » Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:50 pm

My skin was inflamed, red and very sensitive from my 3 day Biafine use. I took 2 Ibuprofen last night before going to bed and when I woke up the redness and inflammation was gone.
prague
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Hummbird123 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:17 pm

Thanks for keeping us posted P! (Sorry it didn't work :( )
Hummbird123
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by sjane333 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:03 pm

Do you think the Biafine cream disrupts the first layer of skin? I think the cerave works well because it keeps the protective barrier intack.
sjane333
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Hummbird123 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:33 pm

I'm glad the NSAID worked quickly for you. Seems like NSAID's should probably be considered by most victims to help with inflammation control.
Hummbird123
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by prague » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:21 pm

sjane, It did look like the top layer was disrupted. some very shallow surface scars did close up, but I couldn't handle the inflammation. I may try and spot treat later, but will just continue with the CeraVe for at least another 2 months. The Biafine works best the sooner you use it, so I'm a little late. My Retin-A burn was 7 months ago.

Humm, The NSAID did help with my inflammation. I was expecting to be inflamed and red for several days and was fine when I woke up this morning.
prague
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Biafine

PostPosted by girl5 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:04 pm

I read about Biafine about a month after treatment, and it has done wonders as far as decreasing inflammation. I've still had damage, but I have no doubt Biafine has helped a lot.
girl5
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Re: Welt from Patch - testing

PostPosted by prague » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:27 pm

Girl5 - How long have you been using the Biafine? Unfortunately, I'm not able to use it. It irritated my skin. I must be sensitive to one of the ingredients.
prague
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by prague » Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:28 pm

Girl-5 - did the Biafine help with scarring?
prague
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by girl5 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:31 am

It's hard to say. I am at month four this week and I definetly have some cobblestone skin and some areas that look like they are scarred underneath the skin. So I've been using Biafine for almost three months now. I stopped using it across my whole face because I thought it might have been making my pores larger, so it was interesting that you noticed that as well. It is supposed to help with all stages of healing and regeneration though, so it's hard to know whether big pores are in a the long run a good thing. I am just spot using it now. I was hoping I could find another moisturizer that would work as well, but not have the whole perscription element. It's not a miracle cream, but of everything I have tried, it is the only thing that has not caused me breakouts (including Cerava cream...I just tried that and I'm not sure it's going to work for me sadly. Maybe I need to add a thinner layer). For sure, I noticed a large decress in redness when I started using Biafine and would use it again. Everyday it seems some things are better and some are worse.
girl5
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by prague » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:00 pm

girl5- Did your dr. rec the Biafine or did you ask for it? How did you find out about it? I was not able to use it after day 3. It looks like it enlarged my pores, but my pores are now small again. I wish I could have continued with it. I am using my CeraVe Cream and am on an antibiotic, so I don't have to worry about breakouts; otherwise, I would. You may want to try VaniCream moisturizer. It is lighter than CeraVe. You have to buy it online. They also have a cleanser that I use and like.
prague
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by WG1 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 1:50 am

A young person I know and a terrible 2nd degree burn and Biafine healed it in days! I was actually amazed!
But it seems to be having mixed results here.
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by dandadandan » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:25 am

hi guys,
well im going to france at the beginning of next week so will have an opportunity to pick up some, its like £ 6 or something, i heard that its especially good for burns under the skin, i.e damage in lower layers. i have also found out that silicon sheets used over areas may help the skin heal itself, i have ordered but yet to try. my skin seems to be getting worse and flaking is out of control, i have gone back to using vaseline as its the only thing my skin can take,
shiny face or dry burning skin? hmm i think ill stick with the vaseline til i can try the biafine.
bless this forum
dandadandan

PostPosted by Mandy » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:32 pm

dan,
are you going to see the dermatologist abourt your dry skin? There might be a better solution for you then vaseline. I did the vaseline for months and my skin never healed, if you have inflamation wich can cause dry skin you might have to treat that so your skin can heal. I know the dry skin is really frustrating I never had dry skin until now i would do anything to have normal skin again!
Mandy
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by WG1 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:18 pm

You might want to try organic virgin coconut oil instead. I love it!!
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Hummbird123 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:30 pm

Although it's not for everyone, I've had alot of success with emu oil. On the SkinActives site, they recommend emu oil (along with their copper peptide program) for healing post procedure skin. (I haven't decided if I'll use the CP's, I know one has to be very careful when using them or they can actually cause damage).
Hummbird123
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by dandadandan » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:48 am

Mandy,
i went to see a top derm recently but he was useless, classed it as roseaca which ive never had. my friend in germany found out about a show where skin doctors treat people who have been damaged like us, so i contacted them and theyve asked for pics. i think my skins getting worse so im desperate to find some help from people who actually know what theyre doing, cos ive lost faith in these so called proffesionals.
i am trying emu oil at night and its actually quite nice but its early days.

dunno bout you but my skin cant handle much . i am also using some brilliant products fromn a company called X-TEND LIFE in New Zealand, theyre products are not cheap but can help greatly in terms of soothing and protecting the skin, its just wen you run out your skin becomes quite dry again.

have you tried medi honey , its a cream with antibacterial honey in it and its quite cheap. ?
dandadandan

PostPosted by DCNGA » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:05 pm

Dan, can you tell us more about the docs in Germany? A great deal of research has come out of Germany/Netherlands that is not at all pro-laser/light treatments. They take a much more cautious approach than other areas of the world and from ny reading, do not feel that any of devices should be used repeatedly, if at all.

The other two countries of the world that seem to be as lax and have gone as crazy about these devices as the US are UK and Australia.

I'm really eager to learn about the docs in Germany. Maybe you could point them to us and our members could be part of some kind of 'study'. Germany is more open about speaking of the harm and more restrictive of the use of medical devices, in my personal estimation.

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by Mandy » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:30 pm

My skin cant handle anything right now except for cereve. I hope you can find some one who understands and can help you. Keep us posted!
Mandy
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by prague » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:56 pm

Mandy, good luck at your derm appointment today. I hope you are offered more help, so you can continue to heal. You have made a lot of progress so far. Hang in there.
prague
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by dandadandan » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:38 pm

DNCGA -
i dont know much at all at this time.from what my friend said there is this famous skin doctor who has a team of experts behind him.he apears on tv and is generally very highly regarded.
from what i gather he also runs a private practice. this is all i know at this moment.
dandadandan

PostPosted by Hummbird123 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:04 am

Biafine was what I needed, but wasn't prescribed, right after I was burned. I recently tried it to see if it would help with my scarring but my skin didn't like it. I ended up with a red rash on my cheek that flaked off. I decided not to continue using it although my skin may have adjusted. I think it will be good to have on hand though for sunburns, burns or wounds.
Hummbird123
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by dandadandan » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:15 pm

I got a response from the doctor in germany ! From the pictures I sent in he precribed a 2 month course of FUCIDINE OINTMENT at night and DERMATRIX SCAR GEL IN THE DAY . I checkeds fucidine out and apparently its an antibacterial ointment for skin infections .it may help with damaged skin, I guess its worth a trry
dandadandan

PostPosted by DCNGA » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:26 pm

Good news, I hope. Did he give you an opinion of what is wrong or what he thinks happened?

DCNGA

PostPosted by dandadandan » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:21 pm

Unfortunately the pictures did not show the full extent so he suggested the above treatment. i am considering flying to germany in the beginning of Febuary to have a consult. i know most of the people on here are in the US but they may also like to check out the link, thankfully its in english. :)

http://www.dr-hilton.de/english/index.html

they also use laser which worries me but also it may be an advantage as they may have seen such cases as ours before.i hope this helps anyone.

also does anyone have any experience with FUCIDINE OINTMENT ?
dandadandan

PostPosted by prague » Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:28 pm

Dan,
Does this doctor in Germany specialize in treating laser damage? I am in the US, but could travel there if he could really help me. Is this the same Dr. that has the tv show?

I do not have experience with the cream you speak of, but I am taking an oral antibiotic and this has helped my skin. We have some similar symptoms. My skin was reacting to everything and very sensitive. It has calmed down a lot since I have been on the antibiotic.

Maybe an in person consult would be best, so he could really evaluate your skin. I think it is hard to see everything from pictures only.
prague
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by dandadandan » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:26 pm

Prague - I'm not sure if the have experience of treating laser damaged skin at the moment. Need to put that in my next email. It is the same doctor who is on the tv. Why don't you send them an email ?
Could you tell me what anntibiotic your taking. Also have you used silicon gel, apparantly it can help the skin heal but must be used constantly. So dnt know how you would feel about being in public with a sticky face, I know I'm getting to the point of not caring and am willing to try anything
dandadandan

PostPosted by prague » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:41 pm

Hi Dan, I am taking 500mg of Biaxin per day. I have not tried silicon gel. I have heard good things about it. What kind of scarring do you have? Did the scarring appear after your laser treatment?
prague
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Kiki » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:05 am

Just wanted to talk about Fucidin. It was prescribed to my son under a year ago -- he had impetigo on his face -- a common problem in children. The pediatrician prescribed Fucidin and it cleared up within about 4 days -- it was amazing! I was extremely pleased at how well his face cleared up. I believe Fucidin has been brought up before, in another thread, and I believe it was DCNGA who mentioned it could help. I still had some on hand and decided to try it out for a few days. Now, I only applied it to my face for about 3 days, and after seeing zero results, I gave up on it. I probably didn't use it long enough, but then again, I ran out anyway. It didn't reallys seem to make a difference but perhaps after a course of 2 months it would produce better results.
Kiki
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by dandadandan » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:50 pm

Hi Prague I'm using the silicon gel sheets at the moment on the red skin at night. Haven't seen any improvement but its very early days . I heard mixed reviews about diff brands but I chose Cica-care. And they seam to be good , very adhesive.only drawback is they're a bit thick and you don't get much in the pack. Gunna try get the gel on prescription and use that in the day. I was lucky I guess cos idint get scarring from the laser infact it actually help the scars I had jus that in exchange I got damaged red skin and god damn rosacea :x
dandadandan

PostPosted by prague » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:01 pm

Dan, I researched the silicon sheeting and also bought the Circa Care - they seemed to be a good product from what I read. I'm not sure about using it for the inflammation. I have read of using it for scarring, but not inflammation. If you find it irritating I would stop using it. I have found whenever I do anything irritating to my skin, it just makes everything worse. It is hard to forget that my skin has changed and it no longer is able to handle the same products or care as it had in the past. Good luck with the pads. I hope they help you. The creams the dr. gave you may help as well. Keep us posted.
prague
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by dandadandan » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:45 am

Prague , dr hilton {germany} recomended silicon gel and I read somewhere if used in conjunction with the sheets can have good effects. I think my skin is in a similar state to yours and I have been using the sheets all week with no reactions, if anything it seems to bring moisture to the surface of the skin for at least the time they're on so that can only be agood thng. I knnow my skin would have reacted by now if they were nasty.also . We both experience flushes now so I hada look at GABA amino acid supplement and it may help.but Maybe I'm just regurgitating old posts and stuff.did you manage to get some pictures across to germany?, I booked an app for
feb
dandadandan

Next

Return to Brand Name Product Mentions and Reviews (PUBLIC)