TNS recovery cream

This area provides information on name brand products that our members have tried or used in an attempt to treat their damage. Some products have been useful and others have not. "For Profit" website and, product mentions should be kept to this area only. These products include topical skin care, supplements, makeup, sunblock, etc.

TNS recovery cream

PostPosted by Hummbird123 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:34 pm

I know it was recommended to us, but here's an interesting article I came across. It isn't inexpensive, so I'm trying to do as much research as possible before I buy it.

http://www.best.naturalskincarecreams.c ... ex-review/
My experiences, thoughts and recommendendations for healing after device damage.
post11655.html#p11655 I am Erica now on this forum.
Hummbird123
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Re: TNS recovery cream

PostPosted by Hummbird123 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:37 pm

Here's the gist of the article:

"Please note that in order for a growth factor or any hormone therapy, special ingredients like Nouricel-MD to work, it needs to reach the cellular level. There’s absolutely no scientific evidence that collagen, elastin, or hyaluronic acid – the three main components of your dermis – can penetrate the epidermis (top layer of the skin which is dead skin). Even “nanotechnology” has not been proven to be able to get these substances into the skin.
The molecules are simply too large. (Quick science lesson: The epidermis is your topmost layer of skin. The dermis, the next layer of skin, is where wrinkle-causing changes take place.) Be wary of creams and lotions that claim to topically replace, repair or produce collagen, elastin, or hyaluronic acid.
Growth factors applied to the epidermis (top layer of the skin which is dead tissue) will not rejuvenate, replenish or produce more cells. SkinMedica Claims that “NouriCel-MD contains multiple human growth factors including vascular endothelial growth factor (VEG-F) and transforming growth factor beta (TGF-beta), as well as natural antioxidants, soluble collagens and matrix proteins. Together, these compounds have demonstrated the ability to help reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, while also helping to increase skin elasticity and texture in as little as 45 days”.
If you were to ask how would any of the growth factors mentioned above penetrate the epidermis to actually stimulate collagen formation for wrinkle prevention and reduction, not one scientist will back SkinMedica in this theory. Not one ingredient mentioned above would even penetrate the skin to stimulate a cell for production of collagen.
So is TNS Recovery Complex better than any other over the counter skin care prodcut? The short answer is no–and that
means no way, and nohow. It isn’t even better than the daily use of an
effective sunscreen! TNS Recovery Complex is merely a moisturizer. Botox prevents the use of facial muscles, and that instantaneously smoothes out the skin.
TNS Recovery Complex won’t alter the wrinkling on any part of your face, not in
the long term, and not in the short term.
There is no published research substantiating the results, and SkinMedica declined to send us any documentation at this time.
My experiences, thoughts and recommendendations for healing after device damage.
Hummbird123
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by WG1 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:50 pm

AND it contains FIVE seperate parabens.
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Hummbird123 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:03 pm

So I wonder how TNS recovery cream be as effective as PRP, since PRP is injected? I don't think it is.
Hummbird123
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by DCNGA » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:03 pm

If you have not done so yet, you might want to do some reading on www.SmartSkinCare.com. Great website.
There are only three topical things that have clinically been proven to affect a change in the skin:

AHAs
retinoids
Vit C

Other than those, it is postulated that very few things really 'change' your skin. Some things can make it worse (do damage) and some things can make it feel better, moisturize and induce softness to the touch but as far as changing it goes, save your money. I made skin care a mission and a hobby. For the better part of three years I researched and learned as much about skin problems and skin care as I could. I talked to a lot of skin experts and tried to learn as much as I could about the skin and skin care. I even had a website about it for a while. I've forgotten more than I remember, except bits and pieces. I spent a few thousand dollars (YIKES!) on actives when I was into DIY. I gave them all away to someone much more into chemistry than I am.

I did enough reading and research to learn that most products sit in warehouses and on shelves until whatever 'actives' were in them have mostly lost their 'activity' by the time you ever buy them. Most are filled with 'junk' additives that your skin can never use and some can even harm your skin. During my research I found Skinactives Scientific, and while I don't agree with all that Hannah says, I do believe her products are 'fresh' and she puts more science into what she makes than mass producing retailers or even doctor prescribed products. So, I started buying all of my skin care from SAS because if nothing else, I knew it was freshly produced and had not been made a year or so ago and it's all not filled with crap that my skin could never use. I'm happy to recommend all of the things that I really liked and which helped my skin, if anyone is interested.

Hate to say this, but you may be wasting a lot of money on products that will do little more than make your skin feel good or help it retain moisture. People will sell whatever they think someone else will buy with little scientific evidence to back it up.

For what it's worth...
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by Hummbird123 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:13 pm

Thanks D! I really enjoyed perusing that website last night. In your opinion, what are some of their best products?
Hummbird123
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by DCNGA » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:33 pm

I've used about 50% of the SAS stuff at one time or another. So if you see something you want to try, ask and I probably tried it :shock: or there's a 50/50 chance that I have.

My favorites are:

Chas (Vit C Serum is all this is)
Restoration Cream (made for use during/after chemo or laser treatments)
Anti-Age Cream
Let's Make Collagen

These may be too irritating for some of you, so you would need to proceed slowly. The Restoration cream is the one thing you all could probably use and it would not irritate your skin. One of our members besides me used a lot of the SAS stuff and liked it. Was it Hate8s? I can't remember

Do some reading here and you can even ask questions there:

http://skinactives.websitetoolbox.com/

Hannah's daughter is a doctor so she won't take any flack about doctors. She and I have corresponded a great deal over the years. You just have to tread lightly with her and you will be fine. She's from South America and some things get lost in translation, I think.

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by Hummbird123 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:37 pm

D, have you tried the lip trio? If I were to try the "lets make collagen" would you recommend mixing it with another product? I may also, at some point, try Twilight awakening..
Last edited by Hummbird123 on Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hummbird123
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by DCNGA » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:38 pm

I tried the lip serum/plumping stuff and the eyebrow serum. Neither did very much for me. I was not impressed.

DCNGA

PostPosted by Hummbird123 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:03 pm

No, I definitely don't want a lip plumper!

Do you have any makeup sites that you prefer since you are the woman in the know.... :D
Hummbird123
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by WG1 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:18 pm

I just posted an article in the Resource section about stem cell cream hype.

It's like Hummy posted. Creams simply cannot get through the epidermis. I guess you end up with a bunch of dead stem cells on your face.
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by DCNGA » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:24 pm

Sorry, I've never really been that into make-up but I know someone who is and she swears by makeupalley.com. They are a forum, so you can read reviews and suggestions from other consumers.

DCNGA

PostPosted by WG1 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:29 pm

I could have recommended make-up but they closed!! :(

I got my make-up at Aromaleigh for years and they closed because a group of women were badmouthing them all over the internet because somebody at Aromaleigh was rude to a woman on the phone. Stupidist junior high nonsense you ever saw in your life. I think it's stupid that the owner gave in to it and actually closed. But I really don't know what they went through. I guess they'd had it.

Now I don't know what I'll do when I run out.
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by DCNGA » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:41 pm

It looks like their official closing day is not until November 15. Go buy up a bunch so you'll have enough to last you until you find a replacement.

DCNGA

PostPosted by WG1 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:52 pm

Thanks, D. They ran out of my shade of base. I did buy up a bunch when it was still available.

Anyway. It was make-up that didn't look or feel like I was wearing make-up and it protected my skin from the sun. AND is wasn't very expensive! Their lipsticks and chapsticks were about the only products that ever kept my lips from chapping and they had the most amazing under eye concealer.

I can't believe they're closing for such a ridiculous reason!
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by DCNGA » Fri Oct 22, 2010 9:18 pm

She should have closed her blog and just sold make-up. Familiarity breeds contempt as my good old Granny used to say.

When she became too accessible people became too familiar and that left her vulnerable to the crazies out there. They felt like they 'knew' her and that likely led to criticisms that she was unwilling to overlook. Although I see that she really had a passion for what she was doing and it was admirable, in the end it did her in. She's now out of her business and the people who worked for her are out of a job. Too bad she could not just gone to having a store front on the 'net and closed down all the peripheral stuff (blogs or whatever). Worst case, she could have re-opened under a new name or sold the business. Looks like she's cut off her nose to spite her face (another good old Granny saying) and put others out of work to boot.

DCNGA

PostPosted by WG1 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:00 pm

D, I emailed Dr. Todorov about my damage and he emailed me back to use sea buckthorn oil and I did. I wish others would email him so that maybe he would warn people of the dangers.
His email is on the Smartskincare site.
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by DCNGA » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:04 pm

Yes, I emailed him a while back. I gave him a link here and he said he would read the forum but that was that, as it often is. He's a PHD and not an MD, I think (not 100% sure). He has good info on his site and posts links to clinical information to back up much of what he says.

I had the sea buckthorn oil but gave it away. It's good stuff but really quite strong (odoriferous), too strong for me as I get migraines if something is too strong.

DCNGA

PostPosted by WG1 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:06 pm

Yes, it does have a strong but fairly pleasant odor. It also turns your skin orange!
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Mandy » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:46 pm

now I'm sad I just tried the tns cream yesterday, thinking this was my last hope! :( I have been getting lines and large pores from everthing that I've used. I seriously don't know what to do
Mandy
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by DCNGA » Fri Oct 22, 2010 10:53 pm

Mandy, you may want to give the Restoration Cream from SAS a try. I used it a few months after my laser treatment and it was very soothing. Once your skin is in a better place, you can move onto things that can be better tolerated. Don't give up. It's all trial and error until your skin settles. The TNS won't hurt your skin so give it a try and see what happens.

DCNGA

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sat Oct 23, 2010 8:49 am

Emu oil is a good choice for healing.

If things penetrated the epidermis and crossed the stratum corneum, they would enter the blood stream and would therefore become medication and would fall under the auspices of the FDA.

My BIL is into nanotech researach and in the right configuration, it does cross into the blood stream but you won't see that out in the open. He's been researching it for quite a few years and is on the verge of a HUGE breakthrough. My sister swears she will share the wealth when they are rich and famous. Let's hope so.

DCNGA

PostPosted by prague » Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:44 am

I used Emu oil for a few months after my retin-a burn. It is very soothing and healing. I just ordered more a couple days ago. I think this is what I will be using, since I can't seem to find anything else and it worked before.
prague
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by WG1 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:21 am

Last edited by WG1 on Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by WG1 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:29 am

I wonder if thinned skin is the reason we are bothered by the sun on our faces. PRP with fat grafting has been shown to reepithialize and to vascularize, even in severe skin ulcerations.
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:28 am

When the skin barrier is compromised, it is easier for things to penetrate to irritate. You always want to protect the skin barrier and keep it as healthy and uncompromised as possible.

DCNGA

PostPosted by Hummbird123 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:29 am

D, are you saying Emu oil may penetrate the epidermis and provide healing at the dermal level?
Hummbird123
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:35 am

It has highly penetrative powers because it is a small molecule. It has a smaller molecule than the skin. It's supposed to penetrate seven layers, but I'm going by what I've read and I'm not a scientist. It has anti-inflammatory properties and has been used for hundreds years by Aborigines for its healing properties.

DCNGA

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:37 am

Some people mix Emu with the sea buckthorn (emu is a carrier oil) to help carry some of the sea buckthorn to deeper layers. This is anecdotal and like I said, I'm going by what I've read on emu oil websites and the emu oil certification websites.

DCNGA

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:53 am

When I was working in the medical field, training medical personnel in EMR, the doctors I worked with used iontophoresis and I've had it myself. I know this method will drive medications past the stratum corneum and into the blood stream. But, the point of topicals is you want them to effect a cellular change so as to increase collagen, to minimally cross the skin barrier. The ones that have clinical studies to back them up are AHAs, retinoids, and VitC. There may be new studies that have been done in the last couple of years and I have just not read them as I'm not into this stuff as much as I once was. I'm talking for anti-age purposes, not for healing properties. That's an important distinction. These are the areas researched for improving skin quality itself and combating fine lines.

This is a great paper that explains topical absorptions MUCH better than I ever could, but there are many factors that cause the skin to absorb better/worse:

http://dermatology.cdlib.org/1601/revie ... /nino.html

Absorption is also influenced by other skin properties that vary at different cutaneous anatomical sites. For instance, the absorption diminishes greatly as one moves from the palpebral skin to the plantar surfaces [20].

Age influences skin absorption. Various biological activities are lower in the skin of the aged individual. Great variation is also noted for the premature infant and neonate, who have greater cutaneous permeability [21]. There are no experimental data confirming the validity of friction on transcutaneous absorption [6]. Alterations of the barrier induce modifications of TEWL [9]. In addition, the horny layer may be defined as a biosensor; alterations of external humidity regulate proteolysis of filaggrin, synthesis of lipids, DNA, and proteins within keratinocytes, which can lead also to inflammatory phenomena [22].

The cutaneous bioavailability of most commercial dermatological formulations is low (within 1-5% of applied dose) [23].

The active substances of topical formulations are generally absorbed in small quantities; only a reduced fraction passes from the vehicle into the stratum corneum. The greater part remains on the surface of the skin, subject to loss in several ways such as by sweating, chemical degradation, and removal.

DCNGA

PostPosted by Hummbird123 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:00 pm

Just went to mountainroseherbs to buy emu oil but they don't sell it-
Hummbird123
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:03 pm

Yeah, I'm thinking the wouldn't because it comes from an animal.

There are different grades as well. You want to get the one that has emu oil society approval. They have a special approval seal on them.

DCNGA

PostPosted by Hummbird123 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:05 pm

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too, it is an herb site! LOL Thanks D, you're a wealth of information :)
Hummbird123
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by WG1 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:39 pm

Thanks for sharing that paper, D.
Ugh!
f) Pressure waves by intense laser radiation (Transdermal drug delivery)
The photomechanical compression obtained by laser (Q-switched ruby laser) has been tested for modulating the permeation of the stratum corneum [74]. The material (polystyrene) including the solution with the active principle (e.g., δ-amino-levulinic acid) absorbs the laser radiation, while the solution increases the propagation in the stratum corneum. The penetration route is apparently extracellular, as it is for sonophoresis and ionophoresis. The effect is only temporary and the barrier function is restored

This paper is all about how to get the skin to absorb topicals and the problem is that there are toxic substances that can be absorbed. These derms seem unconcerned about what toxic substances might be absorbed just as long as they can get the actives to be absorbed.

I listened to several derms who told me that laser or IPL would benefit my skin. I finally did it and nothing has ever harmed me so badly. After I realized I was damaged I went to derm after derm trying to find help. They just handed me creams. Toxic creams. I started to wonder whether the entire field of dermatology is a complete sham. Meanwhile, my Dad is seeing a ton of them for skin cancer. They could do nothing for him. Now, I realize he is a difficult case as an organ recipient; but I wonder how many skin cancers are actually caused or exacerbated by dermatological medicine? For that matter, how many cancers of any kind are caused by modern medicine?
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:57 pm

I know it is difficult not to throw the baby out with the bath water but I do believe there are many good derms and good doctors period. I'm friends with one and I have to tell you she is one of the most compassionate people I've ever encountered.

Not all doctors are aholes and jerks, nor bad doctors. I certainly think there are excellent derms who do care and who do a good job. Most doctors have been jaded by the system and what they have to go through due to insurance and government interference that it's difficult to doctor their patients effectively. The typical doctor gets about $8 to see a Medicare patient. These doctors have $100Ks in medical school costs/loans to pay back when they graduate from medical school. Then they must set up their practices and pay for that. No wonder so many try to find a way to make $ fast, if they want to have a life.

I do understand your feelings and I know so many of you have been treated terribly by the medical profession, but it's not fair or a fair representation to lump them (derms) into one category: "bad", just like it is not fair to lump us all into one category: "delusional".

DCNGA

PostPosted by WG1 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:04 pm

You are right, there are certain to be some compassionate derms out there.
What I am saying is that there is something fundamentally wrong with the whole school of thought in dermatology.
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Hummbird123 » Sat Oct 23, 2010 1:13 pm

I agree with you D. Funny, my husband was just saying the same thing about Dr.'s and then I logged on and read your post!
Hummbird123
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Mandy » Mon Oct 25, 2010 1:34 pm

Thanks for the alternative I'll look up the restoration cream and see what I think.
Mandy
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by KT25720 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:55 pm

Been a while since I posted anything. Just wanted to share a little more about what is helping my skin as far as pore size. I've been using TNS recovery complex (only the rust colored lotion/serum - not the rust and white mixed which is more expensive and includes other vitamins) since late December. I mostly just use at night. My pores are definitely looking smaller. I also have been using SmashBox primer before I put on make-up. Also really makes a difference in my pore size. I also use Psoria Gold about 3 mornings per week and I use emu oil morning and night. Someone had posted that they are getting really bad acne and scarring and that nothing is helping. Wanted to share that I also use Elemis herbal lavender repair mask directly on blemishes or those starting to form. It dries everything right up. If a pimple does happen to form and go through all stages of development, emu oil has helped reduce the red scarring.

I was recently sick with the flu and my skin got really dehydrated...as uncomfortable and dry feeling as it was when my skin was first damaged by laser in September. I was so scared the discomfort was coming back but luckily it has gone away since I've gotten better. It's probably just something that I will always have to deal with. That my skin is altered and will not behave like it did before the laser. Also, I lost fat under my eyes and I don't think anything will help my eyes to look youthful again. I just sort of look tired all the time. I guess I can live with that as long as the texture and pore size continue to improve. I am hopeful.
KT25720

PostPosted by Janey44 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:55 pm

Do you know what the product was called. The rust colored cream? Glad to hear something is helping someone with pore size. It a big problem for me.
Janey44

Next

Return to Brand Name Product Mentions and Reviews (PUBLIC)