Laser Treatments For Destroying Fat Cells

Research on Science of Cosmetic Lasers

Laser Treatments For Destroying Fat Cells

PostPosted by DCNGA » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:25 am

Study published in 2009. This was published regarding use of laser (non-invasive) to destroy fat cells. Odd that doctors seem to think this is not even possible when confronted by those here who are having volume loss:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 ... 5/abstract:

Dr. Molly Wanner of the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston recently published results of a study in the August issue of Lasers in Surgery and Medicine that shows the effects of laser treatments on destroying fat cells. According to the pilot study (read the abstract here) laser radiation could be used to damage the fat cells and help them break down naturally, without doing any damage to the skin. The procedure involved exposing the treated area to high-powered laser while simultaneously delivering a cooling treatment to prevent tissue burns and skin damage. The treated area is exposed to the laser for only a few seconds, and were generally well-tolerated by most subjects. In this study, significant changes to the skin and fat cells in the treated area were reported in 89% of test sites, and 33% of control sites.
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

Re: Laser Treatments For Destroying Fat Cells

PostPosted by chihiroxchihiro » Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:10 pm

Aaargh that is shocking for me to read those percentages sadden me.

These people know they can cause fat loss. Instead of, accepting fat loss as an adverse effect of ILP&lasers and researching about it...

The conclusion shocked me more
This in vivo study shows histologic evidence of laser-induced damage of fat. With further development, this might become a useful treatment for disorders involving the fat and/or lower dermis.

It makes me sick.
chihiroxchihiro
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Return to Laser Mechanisms of Action, Technical Information