Lorraine's Story

Please do not post in this section. Reserved for Admin to post new members stories. This forum is home to stories of those harmed by cosmetic medical devices. New members, please post your story in the "SUPPORT FOR NEW MEMBERS" section of the forum.

Lorraine's Story

PostPosted by hopeful19 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:52 am

Unread postPosted by Lorraine » Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:41 pm

I had Fraxel Dual 1927 in May 2015 (8 months ago).

My Skin was fair and sensitive. There was no consultation. I signed the forms and told the operator I just wanted to look fresher and to use the lightest settings. At first things appeared normal, I was very careful. Then I became extremely sensitive to the sun and products. At 6 weeks I developed a rash which I eventually after 2 months found out it was seborrheic Dermatitis. I had started seeing a Natropath and it eventually cleared. It was then that I noticed the sagging on the sides of my mouth. The whole area around my mouth is very sore. A Strong sensation particually at the sides. For several months I had a strong pulling sensation above the lip and one morning woke to see the distance between my nose and upper lip had widened. The sagging at sides of mouth is very servere. I have hyper pigmentation, the texture is thick, very oily skin, large pores and two deep lines on each side of my mouth. My face appears thinner. An ultrasound of my mouth area showed skin thickening. The face was 1.2 ml and mouth area 1.8ml.

The shock of this happening is enmorous and the hurt unbelieveable. The Clinic in Adelaide, Australia do not know anything and have no knowledge of any side effects. Over the last 4 months I've see many GPs, a hopeless Dermatoligist, the Dentist and an Osteopath. I've also had load of blood tests.

One of the blood tests showed a high level of Testosterone so I immediately came off my HRT ( the only medication I was on ) fearing it may have been Virilization. However that was 2 months ago and nothing has changed. The strong sensation around my mouth is still there.
I am seeing a Endocrinologist this week and will ask she check my Thyroid and anything associated with Virilization. After reading the posts I may be on the wrong track with Virilization. I also have an appointment with an Immunologist to check for any Auto Immune Diseases.

I'm not interested in any medical procedures to fix my problems. At the moment I am desperately trying to find out what is happening to me and if there is anything that can be done. I am off work and not sure when I will be able to get back. Needless to say this is the worst thing I have ever done.

If anyone has any information please let me know. The Medical Board of Australia has accepted my complaint and are investigating the Doctor who runs the Clinic which is very good. In Australia there is no Body that's regulates or oversees these Medical procedures.

Kind regards Lorraine
"There's almost no risk involved," says Stephen Fanning, CEO of Solta Medical, which owns Fraxel.

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who do evil, but rather those who sit back & let it happen.
-Einstein
hopeful19
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Return to Stories of Those Harmed By Cosmetic Medical Devices (PUBLIC)