Improvement in texture

This area provides information on name brand products that our members have tried or used in an attempt to treat their damage. Some products have been useful and others have not. "For Profit" website and, product mentions should be kept to this area only. These products include topical skin care, supplements, makeup, sunblock, etc.

Improvement in texture

PostPosted by butterfly » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:29 pm

Hi everyone,
I just wanted to share with you all that I have had some improvement in texture using Jojoba oil. So excited after 3.5 years of no change.
It might work for someone else so just thought I would post.
Hugs and healing to all.
Butterfly
butterfly

Re: Improvement in texture

PostPosted by Abby » Tue Jan 12, 2016 6:46 pm

Am so happy for you butterfly, stories of healing are the best stories ever.
When you say that it helped you with texture do you mean the big pores? Did you try other oils before you have had luck with the jojoba? How old are you and how many lasers did you have?
I wish you all the best..
Abby

PostPosted by fraxeldamage1 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:23 pm

This is great to hear and I am sure you feel so happy to see improvement after dealing with this for so long. My friend who is 6 years out from her laser damage also uses jojoba oil as part of her routine. She credits more of her diet to her healing but I just thought it be worth mentioning that she uses this oil as well and has seen almost a full recovery to the texture of her skin.
fraxeldamage1

PostPosted by fraxeldamage1 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 7:26 pm

Butterfly, I was just reading a post where you described your skin as having a jigsaw like texture. On some days, my skin looks like this too. Did the jojoba oil help with this at all? How long until you noticed a difference after beginning to use this oil?
fraxeldamage1

PostPosted by butterfly » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:47 am

Hi Abby and FD1
I love reading about improvements too. The beautiful people on this forum have helped me more than any trained professional in this area. A book really needs to be written about our collective stories and the Angels on here who have shared their time and experience. I think what I have gained most is the hope that things can improve. That's all we have sometimes for years on end is hope.
These are minute changes but I can see change. The holes/pores are less deep. The jigsaw effect is still there, I think that is dermal damage. I have used things others on the forum have recommended like everyone has. We will not stop trying! No other oil did anything. Psoria Gold I'm sure helped somewhat, I'm still using it. My skin will never be the beautiful canvas it was but I got off lightly as far as body damage went. Fruit especially pineapple and blueberries give me temporary improvements.
Hugs to everyone.
Butterfly
butterfly

PostPosted by taija82 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 6:21 pm

Hi butterfly what lovely news congratulations!

I hope things keep improving and settling down. I have used Biafine for a week and after initial freak out and purging seems my skin is settling down and well, to me holes look less pronounced but I haven't look outside yet I'm too scared.

This mirror showed bad skin five days ago huge pores and lots of pimples five days ago now I can't see holes but they could be hidden by dry skin layer lifting slowly. My skin felt long time like film of grime was covering it when washing my face even scrub didn't remove the ggrimey feel like a layer of something sticky and dirty permanently on my skin, and skin felt very rough textured to touch.

It started two months ago that's why I got Biafine.

Do you think Biafine would be safe to use everyday on the face? It seems to calm it down and pimples heal faster and red marks fade quicker from acne but I'm scared it may be too strong for every day use?
taija82

PostPosted by fraxeldamage1 » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:47 pm

I used Biafine on my face for a while with no adverse reactions. My skin reacted positively to it and it actually had a calming effect on my skin. I believe I used it for about 2 months. I think as long as it isn't causing more inflammation, itching, or redness then you should be fine to use it long term. Hope this helps!
fraxeldamage1

PostPosted by taija82 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:44 am

Actually I'm not sure what's going on- while Biafine calms my skin and pimples react positively to it, my face feels like it's scanning exactly same as after fraxel when the skin scabs and you try to put cream on it gently - identical reaction.

Soo, I'm at loss should I keep at it and treat it as I would scabbing after laser??
It has been like this last couple days , I thought it finished as it felt smoother but it started again.

Only patting Biafine with my hands a little bit not smothering but now I fear I should keep the scabbing really moist?
I read Biafine pushes dead tissue out I figured it being pimples and dry skin. Perhaps the sticky grimey feeling I felt for so long was dead skin somehow sticking to my skin. But exfoliated and it did nothing.

I'm all question marks here anyone smarter than me than can figure this one out? I haven't burned my skin in the sun or anything it just is sheet of dry skin type of scabbing exactly like after laser.

Creeping me out that sensation takes me back to 3.5 years ago
taija82

Return to Brand Name Product Mentions and Reviews (PUBLIC)