AnxiousL's Story

Please do not post in this section. Reserved for Admin to post new members stories. This forum is home to stories of those harmed by cosmetic medical devices. New members, please post your story in the "SUPPORT FOR NEW MEMBERS" section of the forum.

AnxiousL's Story

PostPosted by hopeful19 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:57 am

Posted by AnxiousL » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:07 am

Hi Everyone,
I am living a nightmare with no escape. My treatment was Aug 14th. The doctor did not use eye shields even though I had asked. I went in for fillers and he recommended IPL complimentary for my mild rosacea that I wasn't even bothered about at the time. He was almost insistent, said it was annoying and he could take care of it. He burnt me raw, I swelled the next day and by the end of the 2 weeks the swelling had gone down and I was grateful there was no stabbing from the burn. 18 days later I woke up to tightness in my cheeks and under my eyes. I also swelled again in my cheek area where the treatment was performed. As the day went on my right eye began feeling tight and weird when I blinked. That was two weeks ago. The tightness in my cheeks is slowly going away but the swelling remains. I have lost so much weight from stressing over this that even my tightest pants are loose. My eyes continue to burn as well. I feel so alone, desperate to feel better. I keep replaying the day over and over in my mind. I literally tremble thinking about it. I feel so sad for my children as they have lost their old mother. My parents don't understand. My mom told me to press delete on the whole situation. She said I'm still physically well and this should not be impacting my life this much. Please help, this is so unbearable at times.
"There's almost no risk involved," says Stephen Fanning, CEO of Solta Medical, which owns Fraxel.

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who do evil, but rather those who sit back & let it happen.
-Einstein
hopeful19
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Return to Stories of Those Harmed By Cosmetic Medical Devices (PUBLIC)