I have no idea how I'm going to survive this.....

(Public Forum) This forum is for new ('newbie") members to ask questions and receive support. New members can post their story in this area.

I have no idea how I'm going to survive this.....

PostPosted by cupcake » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:48 pm

New member here. My damage has lead me to leave my job , move back home with my parents, barely leave the house. Every time I look in the mirror (two seconds ago) I break down and can't stop crying. I'm in extreme depression and have no desire to live anymore. I'm only 25 but my life is ruined. Thanks for listening
cupcake

Re: I have no idea how I'm going to survive this.....

PostPosted by fraxeldamage1 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:29 pm

Hi Cupcake,

I am so sorry you are feeling this way. Every single person on the board has been where you have. I am 7 and half months post procedure and still feel this way often. I am having a rough day today as well. What kind of laser dd you have? How long ago was your procedure? What symptoms are you experiencing from this? Just know you are not alone and we are here for you.
fraxeldamage1

PostPosted by hopeful19 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:37 pm

It will be o.k Cupcake, we're here to listen. You WILL get thru this. Did you want to elaborate more on the damage that has happened to you? It is all incredibly upsetting, I understand. I'm glad that you have your parents to support and help you thru this. You're not alone. I know how hard it is for you right now, I do. We all do. Stay strong. This damage caused to you is not worth losing your life over. It's not. Gather your courage and do the best you can to heal and take care of yourself. I'm so sorry that you are struggling.
"There's almost no risk involved," says Stephen Fanning, CEO of Solta Medical, which owns Fraxel.

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who do evil, but rather those who sit back & let it happen.
-Einstein
hopeful19
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Abby » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:45 pm

When this first happened to me (10 months ago) all I needed to know is that it can improve. I am not there yet but I've learned about enough healing stories to give me hope. I want to pass on to you the hope that things do improve and skin can heal. Try to calm down and take care of yourself by sleeping, staying out of the sun and eating healthy . Hugs.
Abby

Return to Support for New Members (PUBLIC)