Gthn's Story

Please do not post in this section. Reserved for Admin to post new members stories. This forum is home to stories of those harmed by cosmetic medical devices. New members, please post your story in the "SUPPORT FOR NEW MEMBERS" section of the forum.

Gthn's Story

PostPosted by hopeful19 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 10:41 pm

A host of issues after Vbeam

PostPosted by Gthn » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:54 pm

I just want to thank everyone here for sharing their stories. It has given me hope that things can get better.

I got Vbeam three weeks ago with a dermatologist at a hospital. I didn't do my research beforehand (which I deeply regret) and went ahead with the laser to get rid of red capillaries and freckles. The derm told me this was going to hurt, but now I realized it shouldn't have hurt that much. Immediately afterwards my face swelled up for 4 days and although my skin looked good, it didn't feel good. I started to notice volume loss immediately which continues to this day, pin prick scarring, lines, deep wrinkles on cheeks and eyes, crepey skin, weird dents in the shape of the laser, new small scars that pop up seemingly out of nowhere and my cheeks are no longer producing oil/sweat. I went back to the dermatologist who did this twice and she guaranteed that Vbeam can't do this as it doesn't go deep enough, that my skin was still healing and so goes the same song and dance we've all heard. I knew she was going to say this but I needed her to see for herself the damage it has caused.

This has been a nightmare. Like many of you, I'm avoiding social gatherings, I get random bouts of crying fits all the time, depression and anxiety because I don't know what will come next. My biggest fear is the volume loss and inability to produce oil/sweat. I hope this will not be permanent.

Psoria Gold is on its way but in the meantime I'm washing my face with cetaphil at night, do manuka honey mask UMF 10 every night to help with the breakouts that occurred right after the laser (it has been a saviour) and moisturize with Rose hip seed oil and Cerave cream.

I've also started to see a therapist, am going for acupuncture to help with the anxiety and try to meditate. This might sound esoteric for many people but Reiki has helped keep me calm and sleeping better. I really do recommend it if you can find a good healer.

I hope and pray that things start to get better. I hope that I will write back in 6 months to a year to share good news and improvements. I was stupid and I wish I had never done this. My skin was perfectly fine.

Thanks for reading.
"There's almost no risk involved," says Stephen Fanning, CEO of Solta Medical, which owns Fraxel.

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who do evil, but rather those who sit back & let it happen.
-Einstein
hopeful19
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Return to Stories of Those Harmed By Cosmetic Medical Devices (PUBLIC)