Jvillalta's Story

Please do not post in this section. Reserved for Admin to post new members stories. This forum is home to stories of those harmed by cosmetic medical devices. New members, please post your story in the "SUPPORT FOR NEW MEMBERS" section of the forum.

Jvillalta's Story

PostPosted by hopeful19 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:19 am

Burned by an IPL
Posted by jvillalta » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:22 am

Hello everyone here's my story....about 5 weeks ago I was burned by an IPL. The lady literally left me with streaks across my forehead, cheeks and chin. Sigh...I feel like it's my fault. I told her to pass it over where ever she saw brown spots. Instead of just going over the top of my cheeks where the brown spots mainly were. The next day you can clearly see they were burns so I went to a burn center and they said some looked like 2nd degree burns. All they said was keep them moist and they will peel off on their own which they did. Once they peeled I had white streaks all over my face which some have now either blended, hyper pigmented or stayed white which I believe are hypo pigmented. I am also starting to see that orange peel texture and the deeper burns seem to have a waxy burn look that some have said goes away. I have gone to 2 dermatologist and they both said I would have to lighten my entire face with Hydroquinone products that this will blend my face more. I live in Southern California so I really want to avoid these products. I've been using natural remedies to bring the inflammation down such as turmeric masks and potatoe slices for the Hyperpigmentation. After a week of doing this I can see an improvement but I am getting very discouraged. I've had to change my whole look just to hide the hypo streaks on my forehead. I really don't know how I can deal with this for the rest of my life. I feel like I've ruined it at 29. Was anyone else on here burned by an IPL? What did you do to correct it? Do we really have to hide from the sun for the rest of our lives?
jvillalta
"There's almost no risk involved," says Stephen Fanning, CEO of Solta Medical, which owns Fraxel.

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who do evil, but rather those who sit back & let it happen.
-Einstein
hopeful19
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Return to Stories of Those Harmed By Cosmetic Medical Devices (PUBLIC)