Osmosis Skin Care

This area provides information on name brand products that our members have tried or used in an attempt to treat their damage. Some products have been useful and others have not. "For Profit" website and, product mentions should be kept to this area only. These products include topical skin care, supplements, makeup, sunblock, etc.

Osmosis Skin Care

PostPosted by Abby » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:39 pm

Has anyone tried the osmosis skin care products? They claim to have stem cell growth factors and DNA Repair with penetrating technology that can heal the skin? I'm Interested in trying this but not sure if it is worth the investment.
Abby

Re: Osmosis Skin Care

PostPosted by KVolek » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:34 pm

Hi Abby,
I am currently using osmosis. I use rescue, stemfactor, relieve and catalyst plus. I am currently in my forth month of using all of the products. I have seen some improvements with some of the lines and the depth of some of the lines and scarring as well as the redness. However, my skin is very very damaged so I believe I will continue to use it for at least 9 months before really evaluating it. The only thing is that for me it clogs my pores giving me acne under the skin that does not really go away! I am still trying to work on this!
KVolek

PostPosted by Kittee » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:42 pm

I am glad to hear Osmosis is helping you a bit, K!! I am also thinking of using Osmosis, mostly considering Catalyst+ and Rescue. I will not have enough money to spend on it any time soon, though. My husband is the only one who works because I stay home with the kids, so money gets tight sometimes. I plan on trying a few of their products after we get our tax return. I'll take even a little bit of improvement. Anything would make me happy seeing as I am going on 8 months since my skin was damaged and it hardly looks any better at all. :(

Abby, I think one of the other members here had said she had improvements with Osmosis products. I think it was Mew? If you search for Osmosis on here, you should be able to find her posts.
Kittee

PostPosted by Abby » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:02 am

KVolek wrote:Hi Abby,
I am currently using osmosis. I use rescue, stemfactor, relieve and catalyst plus. I am currently in my forth month of using all of the products. I have seen some improvements with some of the lines and the depth of some of the lines and scarring as well as the redness. However, my skin is very very damaged so I believe I will continue to use it for at least 9 months before really evaluating it. The only thing is that for me it clogs my pores giving me acne under the skin that does not really go away! I am still trying to work on this!

Thank you for sharing your experience about the products KVolek,
It is very encouraging that there might be something that can help. I hope that you continue to see improvements. I wish you healing from this damage. How far out are you from your procedure? Was it laser or IPL?
I am kind of concerned about the treatment if it can cause acne though since I am already plagued by it. Ever since I had the IPL in November I am getting new bumps almost daily. From your experience do you feel that all of the products can clog pores? Or are some more pore clogging than others?

What kind of scarring did you see improvement in? I have a lot of pin prick scarring especially from the active acne that i am suffering from. I also have red lines on my face. My forehead is wrinkled like a squashed candy paper, some doctors told me that this is because of damaged and dehydrated cells and other doctors told me that it is scar tissue so I dont know what it is exactly.
Abby

PostPosted by Abby » Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:12 am

Kittee wrote:I am glad to hear Osmosis is helping you a bit, K!! I am also thinking of using Osmosis, mostly considering Catalyst+ and Rescue. I will not have enough money to spend on it any time soon, though. My husband is the only one who works because I stay home with the kids, so money gets tight sometimes. I plan on trying a few of their products after we get our tax return. I'll take even a little bit of improvement. Anything would make me happy seeing as I am going on 8 months since my skin was damaged and it hardly looks any better at all. :(

Abby, I think one of the other members here had said she had improvements with Osmosis products. I think it was Mew? If you search for Osmosis on here, you should be able to find her posts.

Thanks Kittee, it is good to hear that another member has seen improvements! My only hesitation at this point would be the products causing acne as KVolek has mentioned.
Abby

PostPosted by Kittee » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:39 am

It is encouraging to think there is something out there that could actually help. I am going to be cautiously optimistic when I try their products :) My skin is acne prone so that does kind of worry me....you never know. sigh. I'd almost be willing to deal with some zits, though, if it can help the over all condition of my skin.
Kittee

PostPosted by KVolek » Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:21 pm

yes well that's where i'm at. I am willing to trade acne for improvements in skin texture as before i was deteriorating badly! I have seen definate improvements in the last few months using osmosis so if the trade off is acne then that's that! I have extremely sensitive skin and i know others who have used these products and have not had acne as an issue. I believe it is either the catalyst plus or the relieve that is causing it. I have just ordered some calm which is one step up from relieve. Hope this doesn't make it worse but on the up side the acne is tiny for the most part so i can live with it. Dr. johnson has suggested that i use the harmonized water and the anti t water to help with this but at a price of 35.00 US plus shipping each (i live in canada) there is no way i'm gonna add this! Just too expensive. I am over 3 years out from a single IPL procedure. My skin is really badly damaged. I have the wavy burn texture (can only see outside), shiny skin, open pores, lines, dents (a couple of big ones) and acne like scarring as well as some acne scars and hyperpigmentation and redness. Just about everything you can get i have! I like to refer to it as the someone dropped me and i cracked look! I have seen some improvement in the redness, hyperpigmentation, in the depth of some of the lines and with the acne like scarring. Hopeing it will continue to improve! I'm gonna re-evaluate at the end of december and will see where things are at! Mew had fantastic results with osmosis. I can only pray for healing like she had!
KVolek

PostPosted by Kittee » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:08 pm

That's awesome, K. I am so glad you are seeing something good happen with Osmosis. A bit of acne is for sure worth it if you are seeing improvements in texture and hyperpigmentation. I have acne like scarring too, as a result of glycolic acid, and I was hoping Catalyst Plus would help me with that. Do you consult with anyone on which products to use, or did you just e-mail Dr. Johnson? I am curious because I wrote the company on Facebook since nobody in my area sells the stuff, and asked them what products they would suggest and they wouldn't help me and said I'd have to find someone...even after I told them there was nobody and I'd have to go out of state. I wanted to kind of be advised on what to use and how to use it but if I must I will just order the stuff online and figure it out myself :/ Can you use Catalyst by itself, without mixing it with anything? I am hoping it would have no real chance of causing anymore damage. That's what I am most afraid of, making things worse, though like I said I could deal with some zits if it were to help my texture/scarring issues. I think I might ask for that for my birthday in September, maybe my husband would get it for me...also just wondering (I hope I am not annoying you with all my questions! lol but I can never find people that have actually used Osmosis that I could talk to!), did it take a while to see improvements? Anyway I wish you the best and I hope you have continued success!!
Kittee

PostPosted by Kittee » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:11 pm

whoops, just saw you said you are in your 4th month of using it!
Kittee

PostPosted by Abby » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:44 pm

I hope that you continue to see improvements KVolek. I am from Canada too and the company has a distributor located in Vancouver I believe. So when I called them they referred me to a couple of spas that sell their products in my city. It Can sure save you some money on shipping and duties. The head company did not give me any advice on what products to use they just referred me to their Canadian distributor.

Did you see improvement in the large pores as well?
I too have had all of this damage from a single IPL that was preceded by a microdermabrasion. I had good skin but the morons who did this to me told me that these procedures are very good to maintain my good skin. I had no scars before this, no sensitivity and no sun damage. In retrospect I was on birth control which may have been a contributing factor because I just learned recently that it can thin out the skin and cause photosensitivity. I don't know and it seems that no one does either.
Abby

PostPosted by KVolek » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:55 pm

HI Kittee
I emailed dr. Johnson directly through linkedin. He has been very helpful with any questions. I started to see improvements with the acne like scarring almost immediately after starting with relieve and catalyst plus. I just want to be clear that my skin is extremely damaged so while yes I am seeing improvements they are on what I call the surface stuff. I really don't know if anything can ever repair the burnt cracked look that is so terribe in natural light.
Abby, what city are you in. I looked into the Vancouver spa also but prices are much more expensive there than on amazon. I still find it cheaper to order through amazon.com even with the conversion to Canadian dollars and the delivery charge. If you could please let me know what spa you are ordering through I would appreciate it.
KVolek

PostPosted by Kittee » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:57 pm

Hi K! That's amazing. Thanks so much for telling me that!! You gave me hope! Most of my damage actually is on the surface and pretty shallow (aside from broken blood vessels, I am probably stuck with those for life) My scarring looks like shallow acne scars. If their products could improve that scarring I think I would cry tears of joy, as that is my main concern and what has been making me so depressed. I have been so worried that my skin will never get better, seeing as after nearly 8 months it doesn't look much different and some parts look worse to me. I think I am going to beg my husband to order me at least the catalyst plus. I will also try to e-mail Dr. Johnson. And it is also good to know that the products on Amazon aren't fakes or anything. I was afraid since the prices are so good on there that they might be diluted or something, but since you are having good results I feel like I can trust buying from Amazon. I want to try one of their vit A serums but after seeing retin-a damage in some people I am so scared of anything with vit A :( Maybe I will ask Dr. Johnson about that, too. Again, I am so happy for you that you are seeing good results. I understand what you mean the products may not help the deeper damage, but I'm still so happy that you are seeing some improvements :)
Kittee

PostPosted by Kittee » Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:59 pm

Woo!! My husband said I could order the things tomorrow when he gets paid!!! lol I am way too excited about ordering skincare products. I message Dr. Johnson on Linkedin and he suggested Catalyst AC-11 and Clear for me, so I am getting both of them. He said I would see results in 6 weeks, but could get 30-50% improvement in 3 months, possibly even more. I so hope this helps me!!
Kittee

PostPosted by Abby » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:25 am

KVolek The Spa here in Ottawa is selling the serum for about 140$ Canadian. I have bought skin care from the states before where I ended up paying shipping and duties equal to the cost of the product itself. I have nt checked Amazon because I was not sure if it is the real stuff that they are selling. But it seems that Amazon is a better deal indeed. So how much Canadian are you paying for all of the serums plus shipping? Are You paying duties as well?

I'm happy for you Kittee, it is so nice to have some hope to hang on to.
Abby

PostPosted by KVolek » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:18 pm

Wow that's expensive! Amazon is defiantly cheaper! I can't really answer how much I pay because prices fluctuate on amazon and I don't buy them all at once because some last longer than others. some I use once a day and some I use twice a day. I haven't had any difficulties with amazon. I buy from different sellers and all products have looked like the one previously so i'm assuming that they're good!
KVolek

PostPosted by Kittee » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:21 am

wow, I got Catalyst AC-11 for a little over $50 on Amazon, and free shipping since I am in the US. I really hope it is legit because I think usually it is $110 anywhere else. Almost seems too good to be true but I guess I'll find out!
Kittee

PostPosted by Kittee » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:05 pm

Welp, tried Catalyst AC-11 for a few days. My face burns and I have a new scar. Can I kill myself now? I don't get it. I really don't. I don't understand wtf is happening to my face. How do I sustain more damage from something meant to help? About ready for a face transplant. No more topicals for me.
Kittee

PostPosted by fraxeldamage1 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:53 am

I'm so sorry Kittee. It's so hard to know what is going to be helpful vs. harmful. What works for some may have the complete opposite effect on others. Hugs!
fraxeldamage1

PostPosted by Kittee » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:18 am

Thanks FD...it is what it is :( At least I am able to send it back and get my money, but wish I could also send back the additional damage it caused me! My face doesn't feel too burny right now so maybe that's going to go away soon. I keep telling myself I am not going to put things on my face, then I do and end up regretting it. SIGH. I still want to try needling with a dermastamp, though. My upper cheeks are slowly starting to get the orange peel texture (this was even before I tried Osmosis) so I don't even know what to think of that. I don't understand what is happening! I look awful. Thinking of tossing all my mirrors and moving to the county where nobody will see me...lol.
Kittee

PostPosted by Abby » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:32 am

So sorry to hear that it didnt work for you Kittee. What kind of a scar did it cause you? Are they red lines?
I have been using the rescue and stemfactor for 5 days now and I dont know what to think. It is sooooo drying that my skin is peeling and it has wrinkled from dehydration in some areas, and it is even more red and irritated because of the dryness..I imagined that using the stuff would start healing, and then you would feel the healing. You would feel that your face isnt burning, it is neither dry nor greasy, it is not tight and dry, i imagined that healing would just feel good. I am now using a heavy moisturizer to see what happens, but yeah, like you Kittee I am sick and tired of my face...I just want my life to be over already ;(
Abby

PostPosted by Kittee » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:30 pm

Hi Abby, it caused me a few more small ice pick type scars, and then one more of those weird slightly discolored ones, yet smaller than the other one I have and near my jawline. It isn't horrible and a teeny dab of make up makes it invisible, but damn. As if I don't have enough going on with my face! sigh. It would be nice to not have to cover a thousand things with concealer just to feel normal. It's like great, another thing I have to try to hide. I am pretty sure it was the Catalyst because vit cis acidic, it made my skin burn, and I had not been getting any new scars since almost 7 months ago.

Dang, you're having issues too? :( I'm so sorry...I was also considering Rescue and Stem Factor, thinking maybe those would be more healing and more gentle than Catalyst, but I guess I'll just give up on Osmosis because chances are I'll have the same problems you are dealing with. I haven't used their stuff at all today (not even the Clear) and my skin already looks calmer and less irritated. Like you I had high hopes, thinking when I started using the stuff my skin would start to feel as if it were healing, instead it almost feels like what it did at the start of my damage, burning and irritated. I think it was drying my skin too because when I was using it my open pores looked even bigger. Then when I put moisturizer on it burned even more! My pores look almost back to normal now (well, normal considering the damage and all) I am going back to just washing with the CeraVe hydrating wash. I guess there is no quick fix or easy way out when it comes to my screwed up face. After this happened I am thinking about what it would be like to die, feeling hopeless again, but any time I look at one of my kids I feel guilty for thinking that. Then I try to tell myself that time eventually will at least heal my outlook on life, even if not my skin. I know things have to get better.
Kittee

PostPosted by KVolek » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:19 pm

Hi kittee,
When I first started using osmosis I tried catalyst which is the level 2 serum. You have the level 3. My skin could not handle it and became red and itchy. I have had much more success with the catalyst plus which is for sensitive skin. Also the rescue might help to first reduce the inflammation so your skin can better handle the introduction of other products. I also became red and dry with burning when I first started using rescue. it subsided within about 2 weeks. Now I have no more rosacea flares and no more burning or dryness. Osmosis products are very activating so you may need to introduce them slowly instead of using them everyday until your skin adjusts. Just my 2 cents. I realize that not all products work for everyone. I have also found the emu oil helps me immensely to keep my skin moisturized!
KVolek

PostPosted by Kittee » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:54 pm

Sigh, I wish Doc Johnson would have been more up front with me about that. I told him all my issues with glycolic acid, told him my skin was sensitive and that I was considering using Plus, but he insisted AC-11 was gentle and would be more effective :/ He also told me to use 2 pumps twice a day but I didn't use nearly that much. Maybe sometime next year if I grow some balls again I might try some more Osmosis products, but right now I am still getting over the panic of seeing my face look worse. It is actually getting better now, calming down and all, so it isn't as bad as I thought, but it was quite a scare D: Does the Plus have vit c in it, and is it super dark like the AC-11? Just curious because I'm pretty white and I looked like I was wearing a terrible streaky fake tan.
Kittee

Tepezcohuite cream

PostPosted by hello1 » Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:53 am

Has anyone heard or tried Tepezcohuite cream ?

Benefits of Tepezcohuite

Some people use Tepezcohuite as a daily cleansing agent on their skin. Others use it to treat skin that has been damaged in a serious accident – like burns and chemical scarring. Here are some of the skin care benefits of Tepezcohuite:

Burn Treatment

Tepezcohuite works as an analgesic and can protect burns from the environment. This can reduce the formation of cheloidal scars and regenerate hair follicles. After the 1985 earthquake in Mexico City (which was followed by a devastating fire), the Red Cross reportedly ran out of modern burn treatment medicine to use on survivors. They switched to Tepezcohuite and found that it was very effective at treating first and second degree burns and did not come with harmful side effects.

Antiseptic

Tepezcohuite also works as an antiseptic, killing burns on the applied areas of your skin. The compound can actually be applied to exposed bone and skin in order to reduce infection and bacteria in the region.

Better Complexion

Of course, most people use Tepezcohuite because it makes them look more beautiful. Some people find that Tepezcohuite can reduce acne, for example, and minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. It can also treat psoriasis and reduce the effects of the herpes virus.

Anti-Aging

In addition to the complexion benefits listed above, Tepezcohuite has proven to work as an anti-bacterial agent on your delicate facial skin. By killing harmful bacteria, Tepezcohuite protects hyaluronic acid while also stimulating the production of collagen and elastin. This gives you smoother, tighter skin and a younger overall appearance.

Does this sound too good to be true ? Has anyone tried it , heard about it , know someone who has ?
hello1

PostPosted by Mandy » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:52 pm

Never heard of it. Where can you get it?
Mandy
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Kittee » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:49 am

Skin is still a bit burny today, and looks awful. I think I should get a face transplant. I had never heard of that cream hello1, but now I am too scared to try anything. :(
Kittee

PostPosted by hello1 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:30 pm

Someone mentioned to me but she hasn't tried it but heard it was very good , i google it and it does sound too good to be true , but i might have to give a try once i finish my current products , my skin seem to got worse again , as for the fat well it is almost gone , i look awful and fell sorry for anyone who has to look at me ..
hello1

PostPosted by KVolek » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:39 pm

well so far i'm still not seeing any great improvement from when I had my iud removed! I also tried to gradually swich from relieve to calm (used it once every other night for about 2 weeks) and I think it made my skin worse. It's just too strong for me so i'm back down to using relieve. I'm so bummed out today. 6 weeks ago before I had my stupid iud out my skin was getting better. For the first time in 3 years I not only had hope but some confidence that it was going to improve. Now I no longer have that. It's so disheartening to see improvements and then have your skin backslide. I would rather see no improvements at all because at least then I wouldn't be hopeful and then let down. I will give it at least a couple of more months. If nothing improves any then I may consider a low dose Accutane which I already received a prescription for a few months back. It will be a last resort for me so we will see!
KVolek

PostPosted by fraxeldamage1 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 11:25 am

Hi Kvolek,

I am so sorry you feel like your skin has gotten worse. However, it may go back to how it was before when you were seeing improvements. I notice that sometimes after introducing a new product, my skin will look worse but then it will go back to how it was. My doctor just started me on an anti-inflammatory oral medication for rosacea and we are going to give that two months and then try a microdose of accutane. He believes that most of the damage I see in my skin is a result of inflammation and once the inflammation is under control, my skin will improve. I will keep everyone posted if this new antibiotic I am trying helps at all.
fraxeldamage1

PostPosted by Abby » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:57 pm

Am sorry that you had this setback after seeing improvement KVolek ..It is disheartening but it can recover again since you've seen it get there before..You had hope and you passed it on to me too..Thank you..I have been using rescue and stemfactor for almost a month now but everything is the same I have seen no difference in my skin so far..I know that a month is too short of a time period to evaluate changes..What are the things that came back after having improved for you? Scars or redness?
Abby

PostPosted by hello1 » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:40 am

As anyone use Castor oil ? see attached what you guys think ?

https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid ... burn+scars
hello1

PostPosted by KVolek » Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:13 pm

Well im about ready to throw in the towel! My skin was finally looking better again as the redness had really calmed down. Unfortunately for me, again, I ended up getting some virus which then went into my chest and really aggravated my asthma. My dr. put me on steroid inhalers which I have used before but prerosacea. After only one time of using them my face went red and after 3 days I looked like a tomato. We all know that redness means inflammation and inflammation means skin damage! I stopped using them after the third day and have been off them for 2.5 days. Face is red and lots of areas of discoloration have resurfaced again making everything look so much worse! I truly believe I am cursed. I mean I had many many problems before my laser damage but since then I have had a raging skin infection, repeated allergic reactions and now this! I mean come on! I am sooooooooooo frustrated. I will keep using my osmosis but I am really wondering if I should start my low dose Accutane to reduce the inflammation quickly. I also still can't breathe well which is also a huge problem. I am trying natural alternatives but so far they aren't really helping much. Any thoughts anyone?
Abby, I really don't know how much improvement you will see with just rescue and stem factor. It was the vit a serum and the catalyst plus which really made the difference for me!
KVolek

PostPosted by Kittee » Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:37 pm

ugh, I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through now, K. This whole thing is just sickening. It seems everything out there has the potential to cause damage or make things worse. I also thought about trying a low dose of accutane but then there are many horror stories about accutane as well so I just always feel terrified to do anything and end up feeling like I am on my own. My skin *seems* to be ever so slightly recovering from whatever additional "damage" appeared after trying Catalyst AC-11, and some days even my glycolic damage looks better, but it is ever fluctuating and I swear some days it looks just as bad if not even worse than before and it's so discouraging. I feel so mentally exhausted thinking of my skin all the time. Just want this nightmare to be over.
Kittee

PostPosted by KVolek » Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:11 pm

Well guess what, my virus has now turned into an infection!!!(which by the way I already told the dr last week but they insisted it was still a virus!). So again infection means skin damage at least for me. Deterioration continues. More discolored areas have resurfaced and are still coming. I need an antibiotic but again, guess what? Antibiotics for me mean terrible recurrence of folliculitis which I have basically have totally under control at the moment. I really can't win. I am super frustrated. I don't cry anymore and I don't feel depressed, I just feel discouraged and frustrated. Just 2 months ago my skin was making steady gains and now I have lost most of those. All that time and all that money. I was feeling so good before and now I feel like such crap. Hate my life!!!!!!!
KVolek

PostPosted by Abby » Wed Sep 02, 2015 2:12 pm

I can so relate! I hate my life too..A couple of my big pores have enlarged into sebaceous hyperplasia bumps beside each side of my nose and I have a third one too beside my hair line..I think that what this IPL "rejuvenation" does is speed up aging..I am 36 but with all the lines, scars, blotchiness, hyperpigmentation, induced rosacea, orange peel texture and now the SH bumps that are developing from the enlarged pores, I have aged like 20 years in just 10 months..I am not sure if there is fat loss too because I've lost weight since this night mare but I now have big tear troughs too..I just hate how these machines have harmed us to the point where it snatched our lives away from us..Dermatology has no answers for us either..:'( I just want to scream loud: HELP HELP HELP
Abby

PostPosted by taija82 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:09 am

K I feel you. I've been cursing my godawful life two days now and been wondering what the hell did I ever do to be so cursed!! I hate this life I hate everything about myself now. My skin is so bad guys it's not skin its burn scar trauma all over. My skin is blotchy red , new cystic acne and bunch of scarring, it's like I have Std on my face that's how disgusting I am. I can't even hide it with makeup, it does nothing. How fucked can skin be, that makeup doesn't cut it anymore. I'm only 32 for Christ sake!! I don't smoke and yet people who are smokers have an amazing skin!!! I have to be barefaced among hundreds of perfect skinned individuals it's beyond embarrassing. I'm disgusting woman. I'm so disgusting no man finds me attractive. They did not find me attractive much before laser so hello lifelong loliness. I refuse to be with anyone as they can't look at me and think I'm beautiful. Screw inner beauty I'm sick and tired of it. I want to be hot beautiful and I'm not, so thanks for giving me laser damage as well freaking awesome. My skin is so bad it's beyond bad. It's nothing but holes and scartissue. Ugly ugly ugly. Dream about suicide it's heavenly idea not to exist anymore, but I would be so embarrassed people seeing my face after death and thinking god she is ugly. My life is ruined, finished. I hate my existence and hate pretty normal girls who flutter their eyelashes and feel what it is to be wanted. They get everything and it sickens me. Cursed big time. My face is rotting before my eyes and every cyst leaves a thousandth scar behind that people will absentmindedly stare wondering what the hell..
taija82

PostPosted by Kittee » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:42 am

I'm feeling down today about my skin as well. It is my 27th birthday today and I hoped at the beginning of this that by my birthday things would be looking up, but no I still look in the mirror and want to scream. I keep thinking maybe my skin is getting better then it goes back to looking like crap, back at square one. I even had a nightmare about it last night that it got worse. I don't want to kill myself but sometimes I think it would be ok if I got into a fatal accident or something just so I can be done with the constant anxiety my skin gives me. I wish I could just accept it and get on with my life but like Taija said I am doing well with the whole "inner beauty" thing and I just want my face back to how it was and to feel pretty again. I miss feeling like myself.
Kittee

PostPosted by Kittee » Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:44 am

meh, meant to say I am NOT doing well the the inner beauty thing
Kittee

PostPosted by fraxeldamage1 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:52 pm

Happy 27th Birthday, Kittee! You and I are the same age. It sucks when this happens to you when you are young because you don't feel like a normal 20 something year old at all. I know age doesn't matter though with laser damage/product damage because it's more about the fact that you don't see yourself when you look in the mirror anymore. I hope that you are able to enjoy your birthday with your family today! I know what you mean about feeling like your skin is improving then going back to square one. I feel the same way. I was actually feeling like my skin was looking much better this week and then today BAM back to looking horrible. I haven't worn makeup in a couple of weeks to help my skin breath more but it doesn't seem to be making much of a difference. I just wanted to send positive vibes your way and say Happy Birthday!
fraxeldamage1

PostPosted by Kittee » Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:14 am

Thanks, fd! I have gone a month without make up before but don't think it made a difference. I feel like I'd probably have to go months and months without it to know if it actually helps but I gave up and started using small bits of concealer again..I don't wear powder or foundation any more, though. Part because I want my skin to breathe, and part because I feel like it doesn't help that much anyway. I feel like powder almost settles into my scarring and makes it look worse :( Was thinking about trying the Pores No More primer but not sure if it is in my skins best interest to shove product into the pores/scars, ya know?

Sigh, well we got into a wreck yesterday! Maybe I shouldn't have said I wished I would get into an accident. My mom was driving with me and my 2 kids. A (presumably) drunk guy hit us from behind while we were at a red light, and then he sped off!! I got his plate # though and the cops got him at his house. Still not sure if he has insurance or anything. We are all ok, the car needs work now but is still drivable. We had a witness stop by that said the guy just barely missed hitting her before he got us. She thought he may have been drunk (or on something) also. Other than that my birthday was nice. I was annoyed with my skin and how it looked yesterday because it was a bad skin day as far as my fluctuations go, but I tried to ignore it. I also was notified in my e-mail that my passport card that I went for 3 weeks ago is already going to be here by the 8th, and I am so happy because I was told at the post office that I may not get it in time to go to my brothers wedding, who I never met btw, in Canada (the 26th), and am so glad the guy was wrong! I think he was trying to get me and my husband to pay to get the applications expedited, which is $60 per app, but it wasn't necessary and we didn't. I am trying to count my blessings here. Nobody was injured in the wreck and I get to go to Canada to meet my long lost brother after all. if only my damn skin would get better I'd be so happy D:
Kittee

Next

Return to Brand Name Product Mentions and Reviews (PUBLIC)