Osmosis Skin Care

This area provides information on name brand products that our members have tried or used in an attempt to treat their damage. Some products have been useful and others have not. "For Profit" website and, product mentions should be kept to this area only. These products include topical skin care, supplements, makeup, sunblock, etc.

Re: Osmosis Skin Care

PostPosted by Abby » Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:04 am

Thanks God for your safety Kittee. I hope that your kids were not too frightened by the accident. When are ppl gonna stop drinking and driving and hurting others.
It is nice that you were still able to enjoy your birthday though. Wish you a year full of healing!

And since your wish of an accident was granted yesterday, it made me realize that I need to be clear with my own fate because i'm always wishing to die. So dear fate, although i am not enjoying life anymore, I am not ready to depart from this life yet until I have seen that my kids have grown up and that they dont need me anymore :)) And better yet, just give me my face back and I wouldnt wish to die :)

Wishing everyone on here their -pre damage- faces back :)
Abby

PostPosted by KVolek » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:34 pm

Glad you are ok too Kittee! My sister got hit by a drunk driver last year and she has had a really hard time!
Well my skin continues to get worse. I just don't understand it. I ended up taking oil of oregano for my sinus infection and it has gotten much better. However, it is still not gone and now I think I am getting an ear infection. I don't understand why my skin is still getting worse. Has anybody on here had skin damage from getting an infection of some sort? I had finally felt somewhat normal when inside and now im just watching all of my gains go down the toilet. My linear scar which really bothered me is now back (it was basically gone). the lines above my lip are back and worst of all the lines and damagae within my large dent below my lip are back. I had actally gotten it so that it kind of blended and the little lines within the dent had really minimized so that it looked so much better. Today it looks like crap again. It, along with the one bad linear scar extending from my mouth are what really made me feel deformed and now they are back. When is this going to stop? I don't know what to do. I thought I was past this. How can damage repair and then come back? and from a sinus infection no less? I hate hate hate my skin. I am supposed to be going to the Dominican in dec. How am I ever going to go. My skin was getting better when I agreed. I don't want this to be my life. It is not fair. I can't catch a break. Everything impacts my skin. I want to cry1
KVolek

PostPosted by Abby » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:11 pm

I hear you K, I feel your pain. I am puzzled by how your scars have come back..I had read once on the subject of acne scar subscision that after treatment they can cave back in with time because the new collagen that had formed from the subscision is scar tissue too and that it breaks down with time. Perhaps inflammation has the same effect on newly healed scars.

What are your doctors telling you about this? Are they clueless too? What is the name of your autoimmune problem?

You are not alone in this..We are here and we care for you.
Hugs..
Abby

PostPosted by Abby » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:17 pm

I have come across these posts about the Osmosis skin care line from Estheticians discussing their experience with the line..Not very positive overall.

https://www.linkedin.com/grp/post/1896334-111313922.
Abby

PostPosted by Lisa » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:27 am

Kvolek – just wanted to mention that my skin tends to get worse if I am sick (cold, fever, extremely exhausted etc). I am not sure if it improves again afterwards (after 5 years I am done with checking in the mirror for every think).
Lisa
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Kittee » Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:36 pm

Thanks guys....I don't want to die either, Abby...I just want my skin to get better D:

K, my skin looked even worse than usual when I got a throat infection, but it went back to "nomal" after I got better. I hope that will be the case for you!
Kittee

PostPosted by KVolek » Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:53 pm

Thanks for the input. I really hope it goes back to but I don't think so. I am still more red than usual which is maybe why I am continuing to have damage resurface. I believe I may try my low dose Accutane for the next month to see if I can get things calmed down. Will let you know how it goes!
KVolek

PostPosted by Kittee » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:41 am

Good luck with accutane, K! I still think of trying a low dose from time to time, but of course am scared. I am breaking out now and it just sucks, as if my skin isn't bad enough without zits D: Getting very, very frustrated lately.
Kittee

PostPosted by Abby » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:43 am

Am struggling with breakouts too Kittee. They improved when I was using some acne cleansers but it is coming back now that I stopped it. Seriously, skin should have evolved a better model of healing itself..I mean to take years to heal from an injury and to have scarring on top is just too much..
Abby

PostPosted by Kittee » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:40 pm

I'm sorry you are dealing with break outs too, Abby :( I hate this so much, I just want my old skin back. I feel so effin tired and frustrated now I just want to cry and scream.
Kittee

PostPosted by fraxeldamage1 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:32 pm

I'm with you. I looked in the mirror today and my skin looked so bumpy, liney and gross. I remember about a year ago I was getting a trial done for my makeup for my wedding and the makeup artist commented on how I will never get a wrinkle because the type of skin I have. Now, I have tons of little wrinkles and crepiness when I smile. It makes me literally sick to my stomach when I look at myself in the mirror. Ugh 7 and half months post and no improvement yet..
fraxeldamage1

PostPosted by Kittee » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:37 pm

Mine too fd, it looks awful to me. I have a bunch of tiny icepick looking scars near the sides of my mouth, so when I smile it looks all crepey in that area. I remember too over a year ago when I was almost due to have my son, I was at one of my last pregnancy check ups and my doctor commented on how nice my skin was.... sigh :( It sucks so bad to look back and remember how much better our skin was. It's painful, even.

RAR, going on my trip to Canada in two weeks. I hope that these damn breakouts calm down by then because I should be excited about meeting my brother and everything, but my sh*t skin is just making me wish I could just hide all day long. I already am sad that I have to deal with the damage on my trip, but acne too? Eff all this. Over it.
Kittee

PostPosted by KVolek » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:35 am

still sick, 3 weeks yesterday! Been put on antibiotics. Skin still getting worse. The area that first healed 5 months ago is now also falling apart. This for me means that any and all healing that I had is no longer. I really believe at this point that I am cursed. I just keep having one bad thing happen to me after another. Why can't things just go well? Why can't I have some consistent healing? Why does all of my healing have to fall apart from getting sick? (and I never never ever get sick like this, ever!). Time is running out before my trip in dec. Feeling hopeless!!!!
KVolek

PostPosted by Abby » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:52 am

I'm rooting for you K. If your skin got worse from inflammation because you are sick, it can still recover when you are better and the inflammation goes down again. Are you still using your Osmosis products? Have you used a corticosteroid at any point since your immune reaction to the IPL? I know a family member who developed an autoimmune disease and he was treated with a corticosteroid. But I know that these drugs have their own risks too. I wish you much healing.
Abby

PostPosted by Kittee » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:25 pm

Ugh, my trip is in less than a week now and I am still breaking out. I am so sick of this!! Plus damaged areas look just as bad as always. I want to cry but what's the point. I am seriously starting to think my skin will never get better.
Kittee

PostPosted by KVolek » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:15 am

Well skin just keeps getting worse and worse! I had major flushing on Monday and Tuesday and I had to get a chest x-ray on wed because the antibiotics didn't work. Does anyone know if having an x-ray can cause further harm to your skin? I started to have major damage happening on Thursday, like really bad again. Spots that had still been settled down are now not. Lumpy parts are now showing back up, more areas of discoloration and more scarring. I am desperate. I don'tknow what to do. I can't believe this is happening all over again. I am starting prednisone. Am praying this helps. How am I ever going to get through this. I am back to feeling deformed. I can't take this anymore. Please if anyone has any experience with x-ray's after damage I would really like some feedback.
KVolek

PostPosted by Abby » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:12 pm

So my final review of the osmosis serums : I used the rescue and stemfactor for few months (from August till October) with no difference in my skin except maybe for acne although the improvement in acne could be due to time alone. I stopped using the stemfactor since I learned that stemcell products in general are pro inflammatory. The Rescue serum is fine on my ultra sensitive skin, I had no problems with it although I don't know enough about the active ingredient in it. And I could not get information on the safety profile of its long term use.

The relief was anything but relieving to me. Same for the catalyst. I tried to introduce them several times and very slowly, but it didn't work. Just one application would send me much redder and more inflammed than my IPL damage baseline.

I quit using products. Now my new regimen is moisturizer only. I may also return back to psoria because although I saw no improvement with it, I don't feel like it is unsafe in any way.
Abby

PostPosted by Abby » Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:39 am

I found a blog by the Drs who innovated the AnteAge products (Which are the same ProCell products also by the way) . It is a very informative blog and in one of the comments I found a user raising a red flag about the Osmosis Stem cell serum and I quote :

http://barefacedtruth.com/2011/12/14/st ... cytokines/

"I bought Reluma from TIA and I can’t tell you how disappointed I am with it and Marta. Many readers of TIA have reached out to Marta and asked her to stop the Reluma hype and she deleted every post of them. I sent her an email with proof and legal papers against Invitrx (Reluma makers) and she simply replied with stop using it and see your doctor. I know she’s running a business but come on, people are getting hurt. I also tried stemfactor by Osmosis and got the same reaction on my skin (red rash and itching). Of course after 20 phone calls and emails, I found out that they get their contaminated media from Invitrx. They promised to investigate the matter but so far no answer from them.
Dr. John this what I’ve did, I went to Invitrx website and looked up the CEO and founder Habib Torfi on pubmed to see his scientific work, not 1 publish work with his name on it. I did the same with CEO of Osmosis Dr. Ben Johnson, again, not 1 published work. "
Abby

Previous

Return to Brand Name Product Mentions and Reviews (PUBLIC)