I need a friend to talk to...

(Public Forum) This forum is for new ('newbie") members to ask questions and receive support. New members can post their story in this area.

I need a friend to talk to...

PostPosted by Abby » Fri May 22, 2015 12:03 pm

On the day where everything began I walked into this aesthetic place just for a microdermabrasion and to maintain my skin. She did the micro and tricked me into buying an IPL treatment that supposedly promotes collagen and would keep my skin youthful..After that IPL my life pretty much ended..Those crooks ruined my life..I have most of what everybody is experiencing in here...Pigmentation, V scars, pinprick scars, acne scars, orange peel skin, acne, burning, texture, sensitivity, broken caps etc..I saw a couple of derms who were such idiots that I was wondering during the whole visit how the hell did they make it through med school..Since then I learned about PG from this wonderful board and have been using it for 3months now.
I have fallen apart. Most of the day i hide from my kids in the bathroom and cry. It has been so for 6 months now. I have done nothing but cry for the past 6 months..My kids have fallen behind in school, no more outside activities or parks, no more mommy!...
I would like to talk to a friend who understands, because no one in my family does..They want me to stop reading on this forum and to snap out of it and I want that too, but I am unable to snap..
Please if you dont mind talking to me PM me and we'll exchange skype accounts or phone numbers..I would appreciate it so much to just talk to someone who has been through this too.
Abby
Abby

Re: I need a friend to talk to...

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sat May 23, 2015 4:33 pm

Abby, I'm so sorry for your suffering and what you've gone through. Your story is, sadly, very familiar to most here.

Hopefully others will come along and respond as well. I'm not on the board as much as I once was, but check in occasionally.

Try your best not to mirror check as this will cause added anxiety and stress. Stress is a big factor in healing or not healing. Do what you can to distract yourself and find a way to alleviate as much stress as possible.

I hope things begin to improve for you over time. Time is on your side, it's just the waiting it all out and hoping it will all improve with time.
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by Abby » Mon May 25, 2015 2:11 am

Thank you D, thank your very much for this forum as well. It offers great support and validation. You are most kind and generous.
I am angry for all of us on here. I often think if only we could collectively sue the FDA for their callousness.

I vow that it is through my scars that none of my family, friends, and whoever would listen would fall victims again to a greedy and sham cosmetic industry. I am relieved that I have already saved some of them from the great risks of lasers.
Abby

PostPosted by taija82 » Mon May 25, 2015 7:33 am

Im so sorry for the loss of your life as you knew it and loss of your identity. Others have quite difficult time trying to relate to you as they haven't experienced anything like this, that's why this board is so great because we all universally experience same emotions and grief as you do. My Skype is not working we can't open it on the Mac for some reason but feel free to inbox me anytime.
taija82

PostPosted by Kiki » Mon May 25, 2015 1:22 pm

Hi there, if you have facebook, let me know. I've been down the road and am at 5 years out now. You can still come out of this...
Kiki
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Return to Support for New Members (PUBLIC)