Update on Former Member-No Longer Active

(Public Forum) This forum is for new ('newbie") members to ask questions and receive support. New members can post their story in this area.

Update on Former Member-No Longer Active

PostPosted by DCNGA » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:10 am

She's had many systemic issues over time and has been seriously ill. We've communicated in private and she asked that I post the following for her:

I've been diagnosed with a parathyroid tumor and pituitary tumor. Not one person in my large extended family has ever had an endocrine problem. I know it was caused from the laser.

I have had skull changes, pelvic bone changes, tissue growth caused from growth hormone being released. It is suspected that I have acromegaly.

Pituitary tumors can cause all different types of problems some secrete extra hormones and some supress. Some cause vision problems.

Anyone having body problems should have mris done with and without contrast on a T3 machine. This is a higher resolution. It's a tesla 3. All endocrine hormones need to be checked as well as calcium and pth to determine if there is a parathyroid problem. I have been very sick for 4 years now.

The lasers are causing auto immune diseases and tumors in our endocrine systems.
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

Re: Update on Former Member-No Longer Active

PostPosted by hopeful19 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:10 pm

I'm really sad and sorry to hear what this member is going thru. I thank her for sharing her information and diagnosis. I hope for her that at least pinpointing a diagnosis can somehow help her to receive treatment in some way to feel better and see improvement. I really have lost hope that the connective tissue/etc/systemic damage these laser cause will ever be acknowledged.
"There's almost no risk involved," says Stephen Fanning, CEO of Solta Medical, which owns Fraxel.

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who do evil, but rather those who sit back & let it happen.
-Einstein
hopeful19
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by taija82 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:22 pm

Poor thing. At least she knows what she is dealing with. All the luck for her xx
taija82

PostPosted by redbysciton » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:09 pm

Wow. I hope she gets better. Does anybody have any idea how the lasers are affecting the endocrine system - not the results, but the mechanism of damage? How is energy directed at the face affecting glands in other locations?
redbysciton

PostPosted by djamilia555 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:33 pm

I think people here want to accuse lasers and ipl s in all their problems with health. They are dangerous and I hate all this laser industry but I can't say that it can cause tumors and etc. it cause strong stress and the stress cause all problems with the health.
djamilia555

PostPosted by hopeful19 » Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:43 pm

djamilia555 wrote:I think people here want to accuse lasers and ipl s in all their problems with health. They are dangerous and I hate all this laser industry but I can't say that it can cause tumors and etc. it cause strong stress and the stress cause all problems with the health.

You can't say that this can cause a parathyroid tumor/pituitary tumor because you are fortunate enough not to have experienced damage as others have. I support this woman and her claims and will continue to. We come here for support. We have enough opposition from the people who caused the damage. I for one know that my own systemic damage, damage to my vision....all of it...was not due to stress. You have the right to your opinion, but that's what it is, an opinion. It has been endless years for me and I have spoken the truth about my damage from when it first occurred and that is how I found this site. I had no health problems except for cystic acne.....and only reported the decline of my health after the laser damage occurred......the damage that remains. What is the point of being here? My whole point is to prove the damage that these lasers cause. In one post you discredit the whole purpose of this forum. She has the proof of her tests. She feels her laser treatments were the cause. By her stating that, if someone else with laser damage and the same side effects has the same tests result, perhaps it can be linked. That is how we get answers and attempt to help each other and try to prove the damage.
"There's almost no risk involved," says Stephen Fanning, CEO of Solta Medical, which owns Fraxel.

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who do evil, but rather those who sit back & let it happen.
-Einstein
hopeful19
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by DCNGA » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:19 am

I agree with Hopeful 200%+.

We do not know how this happens, only that it does. There's some sort of catalyst for some people (not everyone) that sets off a cascading effect that causes systemic problems such as Hopeful, this former member and a number of others have experienced. I've been contacted many times privately by some who had perfect health prior to their cosmetic laser treatment and became ill with systemic issues similar to Hopeful or the former member afterwards--within weeks and months. We have many, many members who no longer post regularly who had similar issues as those described in my initial post on this thread. Their issues go well beyond aged skin, orange peel texture, or 'stretched' pores. Their lives are forever changed and they are quite ill.

How does it happen? We wish we knew. Why does it happen? We wish we knew. That is the point here, to educate and inform others. Those who've sustained systemic problems have moved beyond their concern for their skin and are more concerned with saving their life or having a better quality of life.

Some doctors have even admitted some forms of all of what is described here is possible. These devices are destructive, that is their intent. Sadly, they are much more destructive than even their inventors realize or care to know.

Everyone here is welcome to their own opinion, but please do no disparage someone else's truth. If it is not your truth, you're quite fortunate, but it is theirs and they are suffering.

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by djamilia555 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:51 am

You are right girls but let me explain with my poor language what I want to say. I didn't have perfect health before ipl . But this problems with health become visible after it. Yes it triggers something that we already have but was sleeping in our body. Someone can live with eds and never learn about it till the end of his life. But the laser do what it do it awake all this . I know lot of people that do lasers systematically and they love it. We are some category of people that were unfortunate. But why? May be because something was wrong with us before? If you will eat fast food every day you will definitely die from different diseases , if you will take too much vitamins you also can die, if you will take too much alcohol you will defiantly die . So I want to say that we were victims of bad doctors . And the treatment was made in a wrong way. As for me there was an awful pain during the treatment . I asked my doctor too lower the heat but this f....cking person didn't. She didn't advise me to baby my skin after it. She even dint put the protective glasses on me during the procedure. Hate her. I hope she will suffer all her life like I do now
djamilia555

PostPosted by redbysciton » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:04 am

Just to clarify - I am not disparaging anyone's experience - I am asking if anyone had come across any theories that might explain how a laser or ipl tx directed at the face could affect thyroid and pituitary glands. I can easily see how such tx's, if used on the neck, could affect the thyroid, as the thyroid is right there on the neck. And as far as I know, the pituitary is in the head, pretty far inside the skull. Is the theory that perhaps the tx sets off an immune inflammatory response? I know that in my case the IPL set off an inflammatory response that seems to have permanently affected how my skin acts.
redbysciton

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sun May 10, 2015 8:37 pm

Yet another member has stepped forward to speak of her systemic damage from a cosmetic device. Please read below. I received this in a private message and posting with the member's permission.

I wanted to contribute my history to reinforce that lasers DO cause endocrine damage. I had pain, swelling, and tingling after my laser hair removal one time treatment targeting 8 dark hairs on the corners of my mouth. I had seizure like activity, vision changes, eye pain, severe headache. Within a year, I had a parathyroidectomy, tooth abscess with root canal, and my thyroid played out so now I 'm on thyroid med. I have periorbital fat loss, and facial fat atrophy. I have wrinkles and sagging skin. It looks like the suspension of my face is gone. I had immediate hair loss on my scalp that worsened over time. My energy level has never recovered. My injury occurred @ a MD owned Medspa in Tn. I have aged 15-20 years in the last 2 1/2. I grieve for my former face, but I despair over my health being damaged. I am hopeful that.my facial damage is finished but I fear my health is forever altered.

DCNGA

PostPosted by Kiki » Sun May 10, 2015 10:45 pm

At the age of 34, before IPL, I was enjoying a healthy, active lifestyle. I jogged several times a week, lifted weights, did yoga, and still had ample energy to raise a young child. Yes, I got the occasional flu/cold like everyone else, but apart from that, things were amazing for me healthwise. After IPL, what a change. I can't even begin to tell you. I now have so many problems. Severe chronic fatigue, hormonal imbalance, acne, hair loss, facial fat loss, accelerated aging, digestive problems... Now, some do theorize that some type of immune issue or virus that was dormant could have been triggered by the procedure. It's possible, yes. It's also possible for these machines to damage your glands and I believe that they do damage very important glands. Light energy can travel through tissue so therefore it can penetrate and alter tissues. (The whole point of these devices is to alter the tissue in some way.) I believe this has happened to many of us. I am not a scientist nor a doctor, so what I'm saying here is not necessarily backed by a bunch of studies and so forth that I've done, but based on what happened to me and the others, yeah, the procedure made us sick, for sure. Not the stress. I wasn't stressed until after I started feeling fatigued, until after I started seeing the fat loss in my face. The illness had begun to set in before I knew what had happened.
Kiki
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Return to Support for New Members (PUBLIC)