More fat loss four years later...wtf?

(Public Forum) This forum is for new ('newbie") members to ask questions and receive support. New members can post their story in this area.

More fat loss four years later...wtf?

PostPosted by jikai83 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:42 pm

I had my damage at 28. I watched my cheeks melt week after week following my IPL procedure. I had a fat graft done and was content for two years - I looked great! Now the fat has worn off and I'm left with even more fat loss than before. I literally only have skin and bones. I have naturally delicate and thin skin. I don't know why I'm dealing with more fat loss so suddenly four years later. Is this going to keep getting worse? This fat loss is wosrse than the first time around since I can literally feel my bones. It's like literally just skin lying on top of muscle and bones. You can see my muscles bulging out of my skin. I'm only 31. I feel like a freak. Do I keep going the fat grafting route? Any other alternatives to this? I'm so desperate that I'm about to lose hope. I have to wear a hat all the time bc the bones on my forehead are sticking out. Maybe I should do a combination of fat grafting and fillers? I did two touch ups with the fat grafts and only one full facial. I'm scheduled for another fat graft for my entire face. I'm hoping it will stay longer. I'm so depressed. I was also recently assaulted and fell on my knee. So I have muscle atrophy and fat loss on one leg too. I don't know what to do. Feeling so hopeless.
jikai83

Re: More fat loss four years later...wtf?

PostPosted by KVolek » Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:21 am

Hi Jika,
Sorry to see that you are back on this board! I know with fat grafting that it ususally is not permanent even though that's what's often advertised. With my grafts i needed several as they just did not hold. Maybe your body metabolizes the fat quickly. This could account for your fat loss. I don't know what to tell you in terms of another graft. It may hold better but you need to be prepared that it may not. The one benefit with grafts though is that you do not risk any type of allergic reaction which can happen with fillers. I hope that whatever decision you make that you find some peace. I'm sure that whatever you decide, fillers or grafts that it will help with your volume.
KVolek

PostPosted by jikai83 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:45 pm

I was told that people with damage have difficulty holding the fat versus those without damage. I'm just so scared that this is going to be a lifelong process and my skin keeps getting thinner and more delicate and probably at some point won't be able to hold the fat. I think fillers will show through my skin at this point. And I'm especially worried about doing the fat graft on my forehead bc that's the most complicated area and my skin there is very thin! I can't believe im reliving this nightmare. I had almost two years of my life back and once the graft diminished I realized the damage below continued! Ugh. I had a brain concussion in December so my fat loss on my forehead is due to that. I'm just scared that I'm dealing with fat loss with every inch of my face at this point. I read that pRP makes the grafts last longer. I might give that a try. I'm thinking of getting a mid face lift bc my skin is so loose.
jikai83

PostPosted by Erica » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:59 am

Jikai, Between the inflammation of laser damage and procedures, your skin has probably been stretched a lot over these past years. Have you considered using just healing topicals, no procedures, then re-evaluating in a couple of years? Your skin may surprise you by bouncing back. A face lift causing more inflammation is probably the last thing your skin needs right now. Just my two cents... (Inflammation is something I'm dealing with myself right now, I'm afraid in my attempt to help my laser damage, I may have caused more harm. I don't know.... Going to let everything settle for now.)
“It always seems impossible until it's done.” Nelson Mandela
Erica

Return to Support for New Members (PUBLIC)