Joseph2424's Story

Please do not post in this section. Reserved for Admin to post new members stories. This forum is home to stories of those harmed by cosmetic medical devices. New members, please post your story in the "SUPPORT FOR NEW MEMBERS" section of the forum.

Joseph2424's Story

PostPosted by hopeful19 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:13 pm

Hi everyone I'm joe. This is my story. I was 21 when I first had ipl in between my eye brows ,I had a little bit of hair that really got me down and thought this would solve it. Yeah right, had about 3 sessions done by nurses(morons) and they have completely altered my face forever. My skin is very orange peel like and have lots of bumps from laser. In some good light it looks ok but in others I look awful. I have been depressed like most people on and off for 10 years now. I went on with my life and tried to pretend nothing had happened and just ignored it all. Now I am starting to really come to terms with everything and it's so hard. My life isn't all bad though I got married for 4 years but found it impossible to open up to my wife about my ordeal with the laser and we are now divorced,I have a 5 year old too. If I didn't have her I don't know if I would still be here. This site has been a blessing to me as I struggle on. I am very shy and don't like to talk to family and friends and just keep it all in ,they know I did something to my face but just don't ask, I will be going to counselling soon but feel like telling my story too. I have had a tca peel recently to try and remove some damage but too no great success. I have retin a but I'm scared of damaging my face more. I would love to talk to some people from my city if any. My drive in life is to try and lesson my damage so I can have some confidence back and meet someone to spend my life with but I feel it's impossible with how I am now. My heart goes out to some of the people on here!!
"There's almost no risk involved," says Stephen Fanning, CEO of Solta Medical, which owns Fraxel.

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who do evil, but rather those who sit back & let it happen.
-Einstein
hopeful19
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Return to Stories of Those Harmed By Cosmetic Medical Devices (PUBLIC)