Fractora?

(Public Forum) This forum is for new ('newbie") members to ask questions and receive support. New members can post their story in this area.

Fractora?

PostPosted by ChrisAnne » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:52 pm

Hi I'm new and can't seem to find anyone that has had fractora. I think by reading different things that it is similar to IPL? But like the rest of you guys I am so dang mad! My skin was great I was just looking for a little firming/lifting. I did do some research on Fractora but couldn't find any negative feedback whatsoever. I did find one story of a woman who was burned by a doctor using it for the very first time but the woman doing mine had done it tons of times so I didn't really worry. I had it done the end of September 2014 and all healed pretty quickly and was not big deal. I did see some lifting and volume and even considered maybe having it done again in 6 months or so. But then.....in November, on my birthday as a matter of fact, I was in the mirror getting ready to go to dinner and the light hit just perfectly and holy crap there were a million holes in my face! It freaked me out but I thought surely this is normal and part of the healing process. I will bear with it and it will get better. I did go back to were I had it done and she said that if it didn't go away we could try a test spot of fraxel to see if that would smooth it out. Thank God I found all of you before I let her do that! So now I am starting to see the weird crepey skin in places and this last weekend my Mom came over and said have you lost weight your face looks so little. I most definitely have not lost weight, I'm still carrying around the extra holiday weight. So I looked at myself and sure enough my cheeks are gone or at least partially gone. I was suicidal last Sunday. LIke completely hopeless. I had already been trying to deal with the texture but the fat loss was a kick in gut. I keep trying to tell myself it's not that bad or it will get better but I know I am just lying to myself. I hate my life right now. I know looks aren't everything and there are burn victims that find the courage to face the world but I guess I haven't gotten to that place yet. That place where I can focus on my inner beauty and tell myself looks don't matter. Nope not yet. I thank God for this board. I have been quietly reading all your stories for a this past week and it helps to know you are not alone.
ChrisAnne

Re: Fractora?

PostPosted by hopeful19 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:36 pm

Hello and welcome ChrisAnne. I've never heard of Fractora, but I'm so sorry to hear that you've been harmed. Really glad that you didn't receive Fraxel! Phew! I hope that you can find some support and helpful information here! Happy to learn you already have. I think we can all have empathy for how you're feeling. It is hard to know how to make sense of it all. Concern over the how, why and most importantly fix it or healing. There is no guide to know how to react and understand. It can all be overwhelming to try to have clarity. I so get it. Aside from all the things you'll find reading thru the posts here.....I will say, if you're having genuine suicidal thoughts please make sure you make your family aware or a close friend aware that cares for you. Call a hotline, find support to help guide you in your area. I know there is a therapist posted on this forum that has helped members greatly to guide them thru the trauma they were going thru. She might be an option. Just know that I care that this happened to you and others who read your post will as well. You're not alone! Remain as positive as you can and focus on healing more then the damage. Don't compare yourself to another situation. What I think the hardest thing to come to terms with is that you trusted who did this to you. You were told that this was safe. For me it is not so much about beauty, but that this altered the way I was familiar seeing myself. My identity, my comfort of who I am and the appearance I connected to, changed. Some people might see this as vanity, but I don't. It is adapting to a change that was never suppose to occur or expected. This is just my thoughts on it. We all have to cope and adjust in our own ways to change. Make sense of it in our own individual time. People have experienced healing and improvement. Be kind to yourself and never stop believing that good things happen.
"There's almost no risk involved," says Stephen Fanning, CEO of Solta Medical, which owns Fraxel.

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who do evil, but rather those who sit back & let it happen.
-Einstein
hopeful19
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by hopeful19 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:01 pm

I read this members story that reminded me of yours. I thought the responses left by members were helpful and kind advice.

post30726.html#p30726
"There's almost no risk involved," says Stephen Fanning, CEO of Solta Medical, which owns Fraxel.

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who do evil, but rather those who sit back & let it happen.
-Einstein
hopeful19
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by ChrisAnne » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:29 pm

Thanks you so much for your kind response Hopeful19. It made me a cry a little bit. My emotions are so on the surface all the time that the slightest kindness can make me bawl like a baby. No matter how much I feel like I want to die some days I know I wont ever go through with it. I have kids that need me and this is not their fault they shouldn't pay the price for this. It's just when you can't find a way to fix it you start to feel that despair. the most awesome thing about this group is that no matter how bad everyone is suffering they always have an encouraging word for someone else. That's pretty special I think.
ChrisAnne

PostPosted by hopeful19 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:48 am

I understand completely. I think so many of us have felt that same despair. As just reading thru old posts, everyone seems to express the same type of feelings. It makes me sad that this damage continues as people still join and experiencing it. Feel better! I'm glad if my response was helpful to you. :)

-Einstein
hopeful19
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Kittee » Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:58 pm

Hi ChrisAnne, I just joined too and though our damage is different (mine is from glycolic acid) I think the feelings are the same. I have also been very emotional lately, little things make me tear up. I also have the same feeling of despair, not knowing how to fix my skin or if I even can. I have two young children and I feel that it is unfair to them that I am so depressed lately. I have just been avoiding the mirror lately and trying to remain hopeful that I will see improvement someday. In the meantime I am being very gentle with my skin and using as little products as possible, since it seems a lot of people who end up with improvement or healing have gone that route.

I am so sorry you are going through this. Like I said, I know our issues aren't the same, but the feelings are. You aren't alone....
Kittee

PostPosted by ChrisAnne » Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:46 pm

Hi Kittee,

I am so sorry for you as well. I hope that you are feeling a little better/more hopeful at this time. I wanted to tell you that what they say on this board about the Psoria Gold is really true. I overnighted some a couple of weeks ago and can tell you I see a lot of improvement already. I know that after reading this board that not everyone heals and has results at the same speed but hopefully it will works as well for you. Not sure if you are already using it but if not it is definitely worth a try. I had a couple of dark pigmentations spots that were there even before the Fractora that had got even worse after. They had been there for years but one started to even get a little raised or textured or something and since using the Psoria gold they have both lightened a lot! My pin holes seem to be getting better as well. They don't seem as deep to me. I still have my ups and down days and the down days really can feel like the end of the world. Please hang in there. As you can see from all these amazing women that things can and do get better. Apparently patience and consistency are the key, two things that I never really had before. I have also been taking the Hyralunic acid (sp) supplements as well as collagen, biotin and fish oil. I do think that has helped with kind of plumping the skin a little. I'm so sorry for you and everyone else that has been so hurt by all these skin issues. It's so not fair and so hard not beat ourselves up about it. We just have to keep pushing forward and hoping for the best.
ChrisAnne

PostPosted by Kittee » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:03 pm

Hey, I am hanging in there....I am so glad that the psoriagold is helping you and you are seeing improvement! :) I had contacted Siana and she recommended I try the regular psoriagold, and I am considering it. I have been back and forth about what products I want to try, because everything I want to try is a bit pricey. For the time being all I have been using is raw honey to wash my face, and emu oil to moisturize, morning and night. I just started taking MSM powder too because I read it is supposed to be good for skin and scars. I believe it is also anti-inflammatory. As far as feeling more hopeful, well sometimes I get optimistic that this will improve, and then other times I just want to cry (and I do) :cry: I keep thinking I did permanent damage to my skin and it is a tough pill to swallow. What a sick joke that in trying to improve our skin, it ends up worse! :x I keep saying if my skin will just go back to normal I will never complain about zits or clogged pores again. Sometimes when I feel hopeless, I read electricboom's or Cardar's posts about healing. I don't know if you have read those threads already, but they give me hope. I am wishing all the best for you and everyone else here going through this. This is all a nightmare and none of us should have to be dealing with it :(
Kittee

PostPosted by redbysciton » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:50 pm

Sorry I have not heard of Fractora before. Have you tried doing some more searches online to see what turns up? Makes me wonder if it's some rogue Chinese made device that is not even FDA approved. Try searching the FDA database for this term. Either that or the salon/provider made up its own name?
redbysciton

Return to Support for New Members (PUBLIC)