Microdermabrasion and Retin-a same effect

(Public Forum) This forum is for new ('newbie") members to ask questions and receive support. New members can post their story in this area.

Microdermabrasion and Retin-a same effect

PostPosted by Leasy » Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:55 pm

Hi All,

I'm new I had two microdermabrasions done and then used retin-a 5 days later (as recommended time to wait). I started noticing the beginning just days after the second treatment. Pores enlarged, face stung for a couple weeks. Then slowly the pores formed lines. Now my face is very wrinkled with terrible texture. I believe the microdermabrasion allowed the retin-a to penetrate my skin at a much deeper level causing the same type of damage. Two months in and I have slowly been coming out of this depression. I have good days and bad days and this has been devastating as I'm sure you all can relate. So what I'm doing now is argon oil for moisture and epiceram to help build up my moisture barrier. At night argon oil and Vaseline on top as a moisture barrier seal. I don't think things have improved in fact, I believe they are getting worse but it's hard to tell when I literally looks in the mirror like a hundred times a day in disgust. I am just reaching out for some support and maybe some hope. I have been to 4 dermatologists, they are all clueless :(.
Leasy

Re: Microdermabrasion and Retin-a same effect

PostPosted by Erica » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:10 pm

Hi Leasy, Check out electricboom's posts. Your story reminds me of hers and I know she's experienced improvements has has been able to move forward in life. Her posts may provide ideas and encouragement for you. :)
“It always seems impossible until it's done.” Nelson Mandela
Erica

PostPosted by Leasy » Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:08 pm

Thank you so much for your response! I am at that beginning, very desperate stage! So how do you directly email someone? I am having trouble with this forum... It's not very use friendly for me and I was trying to email elctectriboom directly and it couldn't figure it out
Leasy

PostPosted by Erica » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:38 pm

Go to her profile and from there, you should see a link to send private message.
Erica

PostPosted by Leasy » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:17 am

Thank you my skin Angel :) I have direct dialogue now she already responded. How is your progress doing?
Leasy

PostPosted by Erica » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:27 pm

Glad I was able to help. :) I'm hanging in there. I joined this wonderful forum that D created, years ago, right after my damage. I remain active mainly to help others when I can. :)
Erica

Return to Support for New Members (PUBLIC)