Can a skin biopsy or sample show damage?

(Public Forum) This forum is for new ('newbie") members to ask questions and receive support. New members can post their story in this area.

Can a skin biopsy or sample show damage?

PostPosted by Ange » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:42 pm

I am wondering does a skin biopsy or sample show the depth and extent of damage done? Just so you know how deep your damage is. Or does it not work that way?

Thanks.
Ange
Ange

Re: Can a skin biopsy or sample show damage?

PostPosted by hello1 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:11 am

Last edited by hello1 on Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hello1

PostPosted by Ange » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:20 am

What about an actual skin sample from a doctor or derm?
Ange

PostPosted by taija82 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:23 pm

Thats what i want to know too i forgot to ask about it.
Its another scar but i dont think i Care its impossible to treat this without knowing how deep indentations go.
If they are relatively shallow then I would tackle this in different methods, however if they are very deep then I doubt nothing can be done
taija82

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:56 pm

I have been told a biopsy my very well show the damage but it would have to be deep to go through all of the skin layers and it would leave a visible scar.
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by Ange » Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:14 am

I don't know if I would really mind though since my face already has some acne scarring. The problem for me is trying to find a derm who will do it.
Ange

PostPosted by taija82 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:17 pm

Why wouldn't they do it?
taija82

PostPosted by Ange » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:45 pm

The derm said it would leave a scar. And it really would't be beneficial because all he would see would be white blood cells. I am going to a different derm in 2 weeks. I need to see if this hypersensitivity/burning will ever go away. My skin is so reactive to everything I put on it. I want to know if it will ever settle down.
Ange

PostPosted by afraidafteripl » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:31 pm

I think hypersensitivity can get better with time. It has been a long time for me (2,5 years) and it keeps getting better. How long has it been since your damage?
afraidafteripl

PostPosted by KVolek » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:42 pm

My hypersensitivity is awful and it has gotten worse with time. I also have autoimmune issues however. I now take 2 antihistamines a day in order to keep my skin reactions down.
KVolek

PostPosted by Ange » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:11 pm

Afraidafteripl-
My damage happened this past March. I did the damage to myself which I regret so much. I didn't have any laser done, however, I was using a salicylic acid toner 2% daily with a mandelic acid serum 10% on my trouble spots. On the 3rd week, i overscrubbed my face with a clarasonic brush. However, I didn't have any redness or shiny skin from overexfoliation. And I still don't have redness to this day. Just burning/hypersensitivity all the time. My face should be tomato red by the way it feels, but nothing. And I think that is what is throwing the derms off.
My primary doc described it as My skin was sensitive from the serum and I overscrubbed it with the face brush and damaged the superficial nerves. And that it will take 6-12 months to heal. However, 2 derms I saw said that isn't possible so I am lost right now.
Ange

PostPosted by Ange » Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:13 pm

Kvolek-
Does your face get all red and show visible signs or irritation? Or it just feels irritated with no visible signs? That is how mine is. I am sensitive to sunlight, almost every product I put on my face, sunblock, heat, even smelling strong chemicals makes my face burn. It is crazy. Can you wear any makeup at all?
Ange

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:19 pm

Angie,

I have the same symptom as you, but I did the laser.

I can’t believe that happened from a topical acid treatment sounds crazy. For me when I did the fruit diet it lessened the sensitivity greatly within 6 days. I am certain your damage is not even comparable to mine since I have been physically burned. ( I am not trying to dismiss your damage, I am just trying to tell you that your issue can be resolved so much quicker and easier than someone like me) You might have not damaged the top layers ( that’s why it’s not showing) but perhaps deeper you might have damaged some. I really don’t’ think it’ll hurt for your to do the fruit diet for about 3~6 days and then go raw vegan for maybe 1~2 months… and I personally think it should help you if not resolve it completely.

I have learned that my damage is so deep that topical is just not enough. Although I am still very religious and use Psoria and do believe it’s helped me tremendously, I want better skin and no texture and bumpiness so I am also doing strict dieting. I hope you get well soon.
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by Ange » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:53 pm

Hi bluebuzz-
Thank you for responding to me. I really do appreciate it. I was reading old posts on here and I came across on how bad your hypersensitivity was. I just want you to know that I am praying for you to get healing, along with the other member on this forum.
What kind of makeup do you wear, if any? I am trying to find one that doesn't irritate my face. Also, how far can topical treatments go? It was just a nightly serum so i hope it didn't go into the dermis. Also, it was a pH 2.5 so I am thinking this along with my toner was too much. I mean everything was fine for about 3.5 weeks and then I used that stupid clarasonic brush and messed my skin up.
The fruit diet sounds interesting. Are there any fruits that should be avoided or all or ok? And how exactly does it help with the burning? I am up for anything of it relieves this awful feeling on my face?
Ange

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:00 pm

Ange,

I had severe burning to the point… I couldn’t work in my normal cubical. My boss had to give me an office to work in ( so I can have the light off when I worked). And thank you so much for praying for me that’s so sweet. I will also be praying for you. I assumed my burning was only from a light source, but I have found out that was not the case. I also burned when I tried to have my hair highlighted recently. My Hair Stylist made me really mad because she kind of commented that I was too sensitive and anal ( Like I had this very anal personality and that’s why I was burning kind of a thing.. but I didn’t say anything because it was like my second time getting my hair highlighted from her and she obviously does not know me or my situation)

Only fruit you need to avoid is Avacado. Avacado is a very good fruit, but the homeopathic doctor that came up with this doesn’t know why, but it’s not a healing fruit. When you are done with the fruit phase you can eat them if you wish. It’s a very good fat and he also advocates that it’s a good food source, just not during your fruit phase.

You have to eat fruit 1 kind a meal ( As much as you want) 3 times a day 5 hours apart. I personally have noticed most benefit when having Mangos or Papaya and recently I have been trying to eat more of the fruits that contain more enzymes like Pinapples, Papaya, and Kiwis. ( oh.. and while you are doing the fruit diet.. try to eat one kind but have different fruits ever meal so you reap all of the nutrients from different fruits)

After you finish your 3 day fruit phase, you really should notice a significant improvement in your sensitivity. For me, it was 2~3 years? ( I can’t remember the exact time) after my laser damage and also my damage was extremely severe…. I wish I had photos of the day when my doctor did this to me. Anyways so my sensitivity did not resolve after 3 days of me doing the fruit diet. And the pastor that told me about this diet and URGED me to get on it told me to do it for another 3 days if my sensitivity does not get better. After 5 or 6 days my sensitivity lessened significantly and I was able to work in my cube. ( I still to this day have not resolved the senstivitity 100%. I did the fruit diet for 40 days but should have done it for couple of months )

After this phase you need to take good care of yourself so you will eat a bowl of rice 1 kind of veggie for breakfast and lunch and then fruit for dinner and increase your veggie type qty 1 a day and you can have 1 steamed… and upto 3 veggies ( 1 steamed + 2 raw) Personally this diet is made for us Asians. I think it’ll be difficult for a none Asians to do this. But I have found that the 80/10/10 diet had very similar principles except for the fact tat you can eat anytime and he encourages you to eat 2000 to 3000 calories a day. I suggest you do that diet after your fruit phase.

I am personally on the fruit diet and I actually started doing the 80/10/10 and then went to the fruit because I wasn’t reaping the results as fast as the fruit diet. So now, because there are so many vegan substitutes for everything literally… when I wanna cheat I have decided to eat a vegan meal that are raw and with no seasoning.. but I still maintain the 5 hours between meal principals.

The homeopathic doctor that came up with this diet recommends that you don’t eat any meat for 1 month after doing the fruit diet and you can’t have sex while you are doing the fruit phase. Apparently when you are eating just fruit you are putting your body in a starvation mode. When you do internet research, fasting is good sometimes because it regulates your strong organs and the weak ones…. And when you have sex during this process, it will prevent your body from doing that. So sex again is very good for you. It releases a lot of very good hormones, just not when you are doing just fruits.

Also if you have high blood pressure you need to be very very careful when doing this diet and you must eat 10 raw almonds after your fruits. No medications or vitamins taken while you are eating fruits.

Oh and also very very important.. You need to do some cardo while you are doing this and sweat. You also need to sleep before 10PM because your healing hormones are most active in between 10PM and 2AM. There are a lot of link between our brains and our health. Having a very positive attitude, not being angry, no stress, and having faith that healing will happen is very important.

I hope this helps and feel free to ask me any questions I will be glad to help. I have been on the fruit diet again for the last 14 days and my bumpiness is getting better… I am going to try to do this for couple of months and eat some raw vegan foods here and there to keep my cravings down.

Oh and Angie, I would not be able to tell you how deep the damage is. I don’t think a doctor can without really doing a biopsy, but just try this, it will really help you.
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by Ange » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:11 pm

Hi bluebuzz-
I know you said you haven't resolved the hypersensitity 100%, but how much do you think you have resolved it? 50? Does your face still burn if you are in the sun?
Also what makeup or skin care products do you use? Or sunblock? You can write me on here or pm me.

The derm wants me to go back in two weeks for patch testing to see if I am allergic to anything. But I don't see how that is going to help. It is performed on my back. The problem is my face not my back.
He also said I couldn't have caused this by what I did. But I think he is wrong. He didn't even listen to my story.

His nurse advised me to use the products on the inside of my arm for about the time I was using them on my face (3.5 weeks) and see what happens.

Do you experience burning/hypersensitivity everyday?
Ange

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:08 pm

Ange,

I used to use the most expensive skin care products, go get facials weekly and after all this I realize it was actually damaging my face due to all the chemicals and perfumes.

I do see Dr. Heng as my dermatologist and she is a minimalist when it comes to facial products, skin care etc… and I use what she recommends except for Sunscreen. She didn’t really have a recommendation for a sunscreen but because I kept asking her for one she advised Neutrogena 70spf. However, that one burned my face some so.. I recently purchased Vanicream and that doesn’t really burn my face nor is it oily so I can use it without it clogging my pores. Just try to look for a very natural with no paraben sunscreen…. Problem with those though are they make your face white….

Facewash – Neutrogena Translucent Barsoap with no scent. ( I personally use the liquid, she wanted me to use the bar soap so I use less, but I just use very small amount like a small dot and wash my face with it) In the morning, I usually just rise my face with water instead of using the cleanser because cleanser does strip your face.

Face product – Psoria Gold, regular or Ultra ( I alternate between the two depending on how dry my skin is)

Sunscreen – Vanicream

BB Cream ( In place of foundation) – Aveeno BB Cream ( Dr. Heng recommended I don’t use this because it had pore clogging things. I don’t really use it but only on weekends. I used to wear make-up daily, but since the laser I only use sunscreen to work and on weekends if I am meeting someone I wear makeup and also for church, but I wash it off as soon as I get home)

Shampoo – Baby Shampoo ( recommended by Dr. Heng)

Ange, I do experience burning and hypersensitivity everyday. I can tell you the SPF rating of that day. LOL!!! I am that sensitive. Personally I can’t give you an actual gage of how much of the sensitivity has resolved I don’t know, but what I can tell you is… I used to sleep in the closet ( I obviously had a curtain in my bedroom, but even the small amount of light burned my face) I used to put a aluminium foil when driving home from work because light penetrates through fabric, When it was bad, even though I had all the lights in my office off the computer monitor burned my face. To me, resolving of the sensitivity to this degree is a miracle.

Rightnow, I drive home from work without any issues. I never sleep in the closet because I don’t have to. I don’t do outdoor activities nor do I goto the beach or travel much. I was never an outdoorsy person, but I am social. We talk about this all the time. If I were to have filed a law suit and won millions of dollars, would that have been worth it? No!! I would rather have a prettier face and no burning. To a doctor I am just another patient and oops he screwed up, but he has really ruined my life. But thankfully I am a Christian and have hope for healing so I am going to press on…

Hypersensitivity for me fluctuates depending on how my body is. Forexample if I drank a lot the day before I burn a lot more. Food does affect my burning and Dr. Heng has told me that there are foods that can make you more sensitive to the sun like…. Dairy. This is just my personal theory, but I personally think we are more sensitive when our body is in more inflamed state. When I do the fruit diet my inflammation in the face resolves quite a bit and I think because of that it resolves the sensitivity greatly while I am on it…. And I do think it also helps to build the skin some what because I was able to keep most of the benefit that I have gotten when I did the diet for 40 days. I am going to Cancun in a month. My friends were gonna go so I said Okay I’ll go but I somewhat wish I would have not bought the ticket so I can keep doing this diet instead. If I am not happy with the skin at that point I might just throw my ticket away and just stay home so I don’t eat all this meat and stuff. Healing my face is way more important than anything at this point and I do believe I will get healing it just will take time. However I do want to add that My skin is in a scarred state. I am sure yours is not. I am certain your situation won’t be nearly as difficult as mine. I think 3 month maximum of the fruit diet should really help you and resolve your issue. I am breaking out a lot at the moment and that’s because it’s releasing toxins out of the body.

I am now a firm believer that a topical is just not enough.. and no matter what the magazines and derms say …. What we eat does show up on our face and we have to chage our eating habbits and work out more diligently if we want better skin.
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:09 pm

Oh and I also try to drink 4~5 Litres of water a day
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by Ange » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:02 am

Ok great! Thanks for the info regarding the diet. And unfortunately I have plenty of scars on my face from acne (both hyperpigmented and pitted). I hope you don't mind me asking a few more questions.

Does your face feel irritated or burn 24/7? That is how my face feels. It feels like when you get razorburn on your legs except I have it on my face. My face feels like burning, irritated, dry, tight, and itchy all at one. It has been driving me crazy. I read on here that a person had success with Predisone. I know that is a steroid but I am more than willing to try it. Will that help for inflammation under the skin's surface? Two derms said they didn't want to go down that route.
I do have some samples of psoria gold at home that they sent me. I think a sample of the sensitive and ultra. I am a little scared to use them since everything seriously burns my face.

Bluebuzz-
Does your face hurt if you touch it? My face actually hurts if I touch it or press hard on my pillow at night or press hard with a washcloth. That is why my primary doc said something about nerve pain.
Ange

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:34 pm

Ange,

I can’t answer those questions because I am not a doctor. However, my dog had meningitis and encephalitis and the vet gave him that for treatment. ( He had brain swelling and that brought down the inflammation) My friends that are pharmacists and doctors told me that it’s a very very harsh medication used for cancer patients. I am guessing that’s why they were so hesitant to give it to you. I am not sure why you want to go through a none natural route to reduce inflammation when there are natural ways to do it.

This laser incident has been a huge eye opener for me. I have been too naïve and just trusted any doctor with an assumption that there are a lot of testing and training done to protect the people, but the fact of the matter is its not the case.

I also have became a very natural person after this incident. Although I would love to get some botox injections on my forhead and other areas of the face to improve the wrinkles and contours, I am trying to resolve my issues naturally first and I probably will just live with what I have if it does not get resolved after me going through all this dieting.

My face does burn from being too dry and irritated 24/7, but in the beginning when I started seeing Dr. Heng the burning was a lot more severe and she recommended I put on Psoria Regular whenever I burned and that calmed that down. The reason why I am willing to use Psoria is because it’s natural and it’s made of plants. And this is just my belief don’t quote me on it, but I think for me and others to get healing we need to find it from plant sources. I don’t believe there are medications available for us that can reverse what happened. This is just my thought so I hope you don’t get discouraged or freak out about it.

Recently I have a friend that have started the 80/10/10 diet. Which basically is being strict raw vegan. I am not a vegan nor do I ever intend on being one, but she loves it so much that she has decided to make it a lifetime commitment. She didn’t have a laser damage, but she had a lot of acne and her skin is flawless now. I have also came across a guy online that was on the 80/10/10 diet. He had complication from surgery and had severe scaring from it. He said he could not lift his arm and a doctor told him that he might have to be on wheel chair and doing physical activities was out of question. He also lives by the 80/10/10 diet and he said his scars have loosened so much that he can do all of the physical activities and lift his arms he said so he is a HUGE advocate of fruits.
bluebuzz81

Return to Support for New Members (PUBLIC)