Comment on Sciton IPL forum indicating that system+

Resources on IPL Side Effects, Complications, and Research

Comment on Sciton IPL forum indicating that system+

PostPosted by redbysciton » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:12 am

loses cooling power over time. I wonder if this would result in excessive heating? Here's the message:

"ServiceTech

I have informed from the local Sciton's technical distributor here in Greece that the sensitive part of BBL during the time is NOT the power of flash lamp but the capacity of these Quad-Thermo Electric Coolers to regulate the tip temp. So after one or two or three years the Coolers are lossing gradually this capacity but the power of flash lamp remains stable.Is it true?

04.2 | Unregistered CommenterCharry
- See more at: http://medicalspamd.com/cosmetic-ipl-la ... r2I0i.dpuf"
redbysciton

Re: Comment on Sciton IPL forum indicating that system+

PostPosted by redbysciton » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:14 am

Here's a response from Sciton Service Tech, which seems to say the head would power down in specified temp is exceeded, but s/he also mentions mechanical failures:

Hi Charry,

TEC's are very reliable and stable devices due to their solid-state construction and can be expected to last >200K hours without a loss in efficiency. They can however be destroyed very quickly if they are incorrectly mounted. If the heat on the hot side is not removed efficiently or the thermal cycling is too great, premature mechanical failure will result. The software in BBL module constantly monitors the TEC hot side and is designed to power-down the coolers should the spec be exceeded. I do not think the TEC's deteriorate with time but the flash lamps do.Thankfully with the BBL, lamp deterioration is much slower than other IPL's which means the output is stable over a longer period of time. Even when a decrease in output is detected, the system allows room for adjustment - it is truly a credit to it's architects.

04.7 | Unregistered CommenterServiceTech
- See more at: http://medicalspamd.com/cosmetic-ipl-la ... r2I0i.dpuf
redbysciton

Return to IPL