IPL/Laser Operators discussing problems w/ IPL tx

Safety Concerns Regarding IPL, Lasers, and Other Cosmetic Medical Devices

IPL/Laser Operators discussing problems w/ IPL tx

PostPosted by redbysciton » Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:45 am

These posts in a users forum reveal treatment problems:

"Hi all,
Has anyone had any experiences with the Nd Yag 1064 in treating telangiectasias or spider veins? I have recently added that on my Joule platform. Quite disappointing really! It made a dent on my model's nose though not much changed for the telangiectasia."
12.5 | Registered Commenterchinh le
- See more at: http://medicalspamd.com/cosmetic-ipl-la ... a03AM.dpuf

I Wonder how the poor model feels about the dent in her nose.

Here is a provider wondering why he is seeing worsening telagectasia in patients after treatment w/IPL (Sciton BBL):

"Dear Dr. Chavelas,
Did you ever had in the beginnings worsening of cuperosis after treating with BBL only?
I just saw another client of mine today with more cuperosis than first time she came to me 1 month ago.
She was treated with 560 nm small addapter 22-24 j 10 ms 20c
Can you explain why some of the patients have this reaction?
I don't understand it.
I'll try treating them with Nd:yag as you said, but i'm trying to explain this phenomena and i can't.
Thank you for your time.
03.19 | Steve

Steve
No actually i have not seen any worsening of cuperosis after treating with only the BBL. But i have seen patients that they have not a very good result after just one BBL treatment and i had to combine with the Nd YAG as i told you before. Maybe your patient was in this category and the worsening was a physical process of an unsuccessful treatment. Another exlpanation is that maybe there was a small burning after the session that could deteriorate your patient.Which Fitz type had been your patient ?
03.20 | charry

Thank you dr. Chavelas ,
skintype 3 was the patient. I'll add the Nd:Yag. We have the Reveal from Canfield and we can monitor every little change, and i saw it was worse.
And it was not just one patient, several, especially those with little vessels, difuse redness is working very nice.
Do you think that undertreating can cause worsening? With 560nm 15j, 15 ms, 15c - double pass i don't see always closure of the vessels.
Do you always see the closure of the vessels when doing a BBL 560 ? Maybe i'm just affecting a little bit the vessel wall and not a fully closure, and because of that the vessel will be more dilatated after the treatment. This is the only explanation i have. Thank you again for sharing this information with me.

- See more at: http://medicalspamd.com/cosmetic-ipl-la ... a03AM.dpuf
redbysciton

Return to Laser, IPL Safety Issues