Donations to Fund Website and Forum

(Members Only) For more experienced members or those further along in their damage. Discussions of damage and supporting one another.

DISCLAIMER: This area is geared to those who've come to terms with their damage. What might be discussed in this forum may not apply to your situation. If you are experiencing anxiety from your situation or are not prepared to read what some have experienced, please do not read this section. If you are new, please post in the "New Members" section.

Donations to Fund Website and Forum

PostPosted by DCNGA » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:07 pm

Hello, all. Three years ago many members here were kind enough to donate so that I could build/host a website to tell about cosmetic device damage and to also fund the 'premium' forum hosting.

What monies were donated last time funded both for three years but alas all of the monies are now exhausted. Prior to the generous donations of three years ago, I was funding the premium forum hosting myself.

The renewal came up and was much greater than I anticipated. I backed it down to one year of hosting for the website at $180 and $55 for the premium forum hosting. Prior I had funded the website hosting for 3 years, which is what just expired and the premium forum hosting also renewed this month.

If anyone would like to contribute via Paypal or otherwise to hosting the website and the premium forum hosting, please PM me and I will provide my paypal account info. I am not wealthy by a long shot and am the only source of income for our family. My time to maintain the website and forum are donated gratis of course.

Here is a link to the website: http://www.iplandlaserdamage.com/

Thanks!

D
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

Re: Donations to Fund Website and Forum

PostPosted by Erica » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:32 pm

Would it be appropriate to also post this on the Facebook site?
“It always seems impossible until it's done.” Nelson Mandela
Erica

PostPosted by DCNGA » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:42 pm

Sure, if you would want to post a link to my request or put the 'ask' on FB that would be great. The link to my request can be seen by visitors and members. It is unrestricted on the forum.

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by DCNGA » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:05 pm

There has been one member kind enough to commit to a donation. Thank you, Erica!

Unfortunately, I will not be keeping our sister website up due to the cost of year over year renewal. I'll will be taking it down in the next ten days, unless enough is donated to fund the website hosting. Ten days after it is taken down, it will be gone forever. Sigh.

DCNGA

PostPosted by DCNGA » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:41 pm

TO BE CLEAR: The forum will be here and continue to run.

The website is our sister site to which I'm referring. Hosting websites (and I also used their website builder that costs extra) is expensive. It's really much more than it should be since it's a pretty small site, but if I were to move it to another hosting service, I would have to rebuild the entire site. I just no longer have that sort of time to do that.

I might have my husband build a site from scratch with Joomla and find a less expensive hosting for next year, if we are able to fund the current one for this next year.

He can build one to put up next year if we can fund for this year.

DCNGA

PostPosted by DCNGA » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:10 pm

Thank you, Me2, for the contribution.

If I do not collect enough to keep up the website (remember, forum is safe, the website is what I need to fund for hosting), I'll refund the monies.

DCNGA

PostPosted by Me2 » Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:37 pm

Thanks for the clarification, but my donation would have been the same regardless. It is a drop in the bucket compared to everything you do for this cause. THANK YOU!
Me2

PostPosted by DCNGA » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:55 pm

Unfortunately, the days are slipping away and the goal may not be met in order to keep the website up.

My husband can save the website to his laptop and maybe he can rebuild it next year.

If the goal is not reached, if you two ladies do not object, I will use the money to fund the premium forum hosting this year and a little towards next year.

It will be a shame to lose the website, but I'm really in no position to fund the website and pay the domain registration.

Regardless, thank you for your support.

DCNGA

Return to General Discussions (Supporting One Another) READ DISCLAIMER BEFORE ENTERING THIS AREA OF FORUM (MEMBERS ONLY)