Burned

(Public Forum) This forum is for new ('newbie") members to ask questions and receive support. New members can post their story in this area.

Re: Burned

PostPosted by taija82 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:52 am

Hi LJ I wonder if there is a forum for people suffering from severe burns and the aftermath, that you could go and see if their symptoms are similar to yours and if they can help suggesting creams or other methods relieving your pain , or they can shed light if your experience is similar to someone suffering from deep dermal burn, it might be a helpful place as I believe you are suffering from burn that needs right kind of treatment. Just a thought to throw out there xx
taija82

PostPosted by Mandy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:56 pm

I haven't found a dermatologist either that cared enough to help me thru this. The fact that she said you might of developed rosacea makes me feel like they don't care to listen. Our skin may have rosacea like tendencies but its not the rosacea you are born with. Its tiring searching for answers. You would think burns would heal and that would be the end of it. I kept hearing burns heal. I have burnt my finger, my arm and they have healed with no sensitivities or dryness. This is like a nightmare because there is no logic on why our skin isn't healing and going back to normal. My brain hurts from trying to figure it out!
Mandy
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by laurajean13 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:46 pm

You have these problems too Mandy? How about your nerves? Do you feel a dry tight mask like sensation on your areas? My cheeks were so smooth and tight before this and I think the resurfacing tightening effect of the laser was way too aggressive and obviously damaging to my skin with the high heat. I worry it won't adjust over time and be comfortable. Yes it is rosacea-like tendencies, but it's because it's still traumatized under the skin. I don't know if it'll ever return to a normal "baseline", but even if it did my skintone is so uneven and lightened in the areas now it won't look so nice anyway. But the redness and heat is debilitating so if that improves it'll help me alot. Yours never got better after all this time? That worries me, how do you co exist?? I am attempting to go to a class despite my pain but I won't be able to function if it isn't temporary. Laser burns are so unforgiving. My father's coworker's husband got burned when he was young and part on his lower face from an accident and he said it took a very long time to heal. I am feeling like this is going to ruin my career goals and overall quality of life.
laurajean13

PostPosted by Mandy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:05 pm

Don't get me wrong mine did improve but it took a long time. I had the burning and it went away about 9months into it. My skin was paper dry and that went away too. I still have skin sensitivities to anything exfoliating. I still have dry spots. But not like it was when I was first burned. My texture is still off. Some days it looks better then others. My skin was really smooth before I did the laser no unevenness no wrinkles. I don't have wrinkles but I do have unevenness. The unevenness isn't deep and I feel like if I could do a micro my skin would look even and smooth. But now when ever I do any exfoliating my skin looks more uneven and damaged. I never had this problem before the laser. My sister does skin care for a living and I use to do chemical peels and micros all the time with out any problems. I used retin a and vitamin c with no problems. My skin was absolutely gorgeous. Now I fI use these things my skin looks wrinkly. My skin looks somewhat smoother now that I have some of my oils back but its not back to baseline. I did have the severe dryness your talking about and I had thought my oil glands were ruined but that did improve a lot. I'm sorry I scared you. I guess what I was referring to was the sensitivity after the burn seems to never go away. I though that would improve over time but hasn't. I wish I could use some exfoliating products to get my skin looking good again. I'm 36 and people still think I look young. I need to remind myself of that when I get to down on my texture.
Mandy
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by KVolek » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:29 pm

Mandy,
I read in one of your earlier posts that you thought that retin a really helped with your texture. When did you start using it and how long did you use it for. I am thinking i might give it another try since i don't really think i have anything to lose at this point.
KVolek

PostPosted by Mandy » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:39 pm

Kv , I used retina I think about a year out. It worked really well at first but then it turned on me and caused more damage. I know some people on the board have been able to use it with no bad side effects. I wish I could use it again cause my skin did look a lot better before it turned on me.
Mandy
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by laurajean13 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:37 pm

Mandy: Don't worry your not scaring me, it's just the situation I'm in that is. But for anyone who goes through it to have to live with it for so long is scary. I am in excruciating pain and I managed to go to classes and sat with ice and tried toughing it out. In my car mirror my cheeks look melted/burned and very tight. I was in such discomfort the whole time and I'm at a point in my program where I need to be putting observation hours ect and this is just not going to work and I feel like I'm having a breakdown. Even in dim dark lighting I can see the cutoff mark, it's like it compromised such a dense amount of my skin that it looks like the surface was taken off/slightly lower than my regular skin under my eye and I just see patches of hypo/depigment.When I really see the surface it makes sense why I feel such pain but I wonder will it ever feel normal again and that's something I don't think a person can answer. I have very sensitive skin there and I feel I got a controlled 2nd degree burn that it's having a really hard time recovering. When you say you had burning, was it just in the nerves, did it sting, was it chronic, and did you have heat also or prone to flushing. What did you do to alleviate it? I too had perfect skin there, really beautiful and healthy and I never did much to it, just soap and water. When you say you are still sensitive does that mean sun triggers it, or exercise or hot showers or that your still get pinkness?

You must've been better than me to be able to use retin a after the laser. I'd never be able to. Actually I had such sensitive skin I doubt I woudve been able to use it before this, or want to. I had that type of skin that is sensitive but so good that you don't need to do anything to it, but once it's messed up it's cursed skin.
laurajean13

PostPosted by laurajean13 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:03 pm

taija82 wrote:Hi LJ I wonder if there is a forum for people suffering from severe burns and the aftermath, that you could go and see if their symptoms are similar to yours and if they can help suggesting creams or other methods relieving your pain , or they can shed light if your experience is similar to someone suffering from deep dermal burn, it might be a helpful place as I believe you are suffering from burn that needs right kind of treatment. Just a thought to throw out there xx

That's an idea, I wonder if painkillers can help.I'm really that desperate.
laurajean13

PostPosted by laurajean13 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:38 am

One thing I'm noticing is very bad discoloration issues. I have these whiter splotches going across my cheek. I'm seeing it more as redness comes out. Now it's whiter patches and red patches. :( I really don't know how I'll get on after this..
laurajean13

PostPosted by laurajean13 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:59 pm

I'm going to the neurologist on wednesday and getting an Electroencephalogram (EEG) test. I really hope I don't get another doctor shrugging their shoulders.
laurajean13

PostPosted by DCNGA » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:31 pm

I'm curious as to what an EEG could help show. It's not an EMG? Seems that would show muscle/nerve damage while the EEG will likely just show brain activity changes.
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by laurajean13 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 3:15 pm

It's probably the EMG. I'll find out
laurajean13

PostPosted by laurajean13 » Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:44 am

Has anyone on these boards been in chronic pain like I am where it's debilitating to do anything? It's getting to the point where I hardly sleep and I feel like a rarity.
laurajean13

PostPosted by DCNGA » Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:46 am

I know of two members who no longer post who still have and have had chronic pain since their treatments several years ago.

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by djamilia555 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:57 am

laurajean13 wrote:Has anyone on these boards been in chronic pain like I am where it's debilitating to do anything? It's getting to the point where I hardly sleep and I feel like a rarity.

Laura I don't know what kind of pain you have but I am in pain too..Regularly one day in a week I wake up with pain in my right cheek. Still have new damages and this just killing me slowly. And when my period begins pain is also back. Hate hate this I want to enjoy life as before ...my God just stop it!!!!!!!!!!
djamilia555

PostPosted by Me2 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:26 pm

I didn't have to deal with the pain for very long, but when I did, it was uncomfortable and distracting. I could not imagine having to go through that long term. I just get a tingling sensation on the surface of my skin now and then, and that is disturbing enough for me. My heart breaks for all of those on here that are having to deal with the pain. I truly hope you find something that helps. I have seen advertisements for Lyrica; it is supposed to help with nerve pain. Has this been mentioned by any doctors yet?

I can't find the link now, but I saw an article last night about Ultherapy written by a doctor. He or she wrote that Ultherapy is a preferred treatment because it is done with ultrasound equipment and the provider can accurately gauge and control the depth and area of treatment whereas with the previous treatments there was very little control of either. He or she also stated that this control and accuracy minimizes the possibility of nerve damage during Ultherapy treatments. In my opinion, that is admission that nerves can be damaged by other devices and that they really didn't know what those devices were doing. Kinda of like throwing a dart at a target while blind folded.

I will do another search for the link when I have more time, my lunch break is about over.
Me2

PostPosted by laurajean13 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:33 pm

The neurologist did not to an EMG test. It is very painful test and would be poking and prodding needling in the face and he saw no benefit for that and didn't think it'd change the course of action. He did put in an MRI to just rule out the V cranial nerve that goes through the cheek but we are all pretty sure it's neuropathic pain of the smaller fibers which an MRI can't pick up. I didn't go in for my test. due to the trauma of the tiny nerves in the cheek, it's nerves you can't test for (only the large ones) which I don't think is the problem. And I am so uncomfortable I couldn't imagine sitting in a machine for 45 minutes so I cancelled.

Neuropathic pain is a complex, chronic pain state that usually is accompanied by tissue injury. With neuropathic pain, the nerve fibers themselves may be damaged, dysfunctional, or injured. These damaged nerve fibers send incorrect signals to other pain centers. The impact of nerve fiber injury includes a change in nerve function both at the site of injury and areas around the injury.

Can they regenerate? possibly. Can it stay the same, yes, or could it just improve slightly yes. There is no textbook answer. If I wanted something for pain I was prescribed cymbalta which has every side effect in the book. Taking a shot or smoking some weed would have less side effects than what this can create. I am worried to add pain to already existing situation. I feel like it wouldn't address all the sources of extreme discomfort either. My surface is so compromised I wake and feel this dried out mask on my face. When I wake up and see it the skin singed, and pulling down toward my jaw. I wish some of these members or other people with damage that sounds relatable can see what I am talking about. I wonder if anyone has what I have or if everyone's skin responds different. When I mist it and try to lotion it, it burns and need ice, and I get heat fluctuations. My cheeks just gets crinkly and shiny/dried out consistently in the whole unit but it's the way it feels on my face that is hurting and I can't relieve it. The setting was way too high and destructive. It's hard to put a point to it when 1. there was nothing there to even treat 2. the areas I went to treat are looking great smoother and glowing after years of being scarred.

I do not know if PRP can help heal this injury, or if it's at all appropriate. I'm not sure if it's a procedure that would be of any benefit to help healing.

I felt really bad, my advisor in college contacted me wondering why my classes dropped and explained I was injured and couldn't concentrate. I am wondering how to get better! I miss my life!
laurajean13

PostPosted by Kiki » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:57 pm

I have been dealing with chronic nerve pain in my face for 4 years now. The burning sensation (tingling & numbness & zapping sensations too) have all lessened as time has passed, but certainly are still present and I am very aware of my face at all times. My face feels like it has a bad sunburn 24/7. In the beginning it caused me a huge amount of anxiety. Now, I can handle it. I live my life and work and see friends and go on. Just wanted to share that to let you know that over time you can learn to deal with it.
Kiki
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by laurajean13 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:31 pm

I know you mean to be positive but that is very concerning to me, and I think different people also have different thresholds. I feel like these sensations are going to drive me nuts, but I think the damage associated with it is what makes it even harder to feel comfortable when out.

What areas get these sensations. Do you feel it from the moment you wake up. If you are aware at all times does this mean from morning to night it feels weird. Does it flare with rosacea like symptoms after showers, eating, heat. Is it in a whole unit of your face or in certain areas. Does it feel like a tight mask, and does the skin have a singed burned quality to it, orange peel, or is it normal looking. Is your complexion normal? Do you think prp is a waste to try for healing.
laurajean13

PostPosted by laurajean13 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:56 pm

So I think the consensus is that I have neuralgia.

Treatments for Neuropathy Pain:
There are several drug treatments for neuropathy. There are medications such as Lyrica and Cymbalta that attempt to cover up the pain. Lyrica, is an anti-seizure medication... It is used for neuropathy as it stops the nerves from talking to each other so you don't feel the pain. But long term it can cause more damage. Cymbalta is a anti-depressant which is used because it lowers a person's awareness and thus their awareness of the pain.
As with all medications, they have side effects that do not enhance your health. Additionally, Cymbalta as an anti-depressant can be difficult to stop taking, especially without severe side effects.

I am not going on the medicine as it will only mask the pain. My parents were at our acupuncturist whose treated my prior condition and he said that it's best to treat nerve damage within the first 3 months but to get in as soon as I can. Unfortunately the first 3 months I was masking with mirvaso and my symptoms were so bad no one knew what was going on. I'm going to do 6-8 treatments and see if we can get it somewhat better. He said the longer you wait and don't address it that the nerves stop trying to regenerate and it can become a chronic problem that is very difficult to treat. I wasn't the one who spoke to him so I may not be reiterating his statements exactly but if anyone has nerve pain, try not to ignore it and to get help as soon as possible. How he treats it I do not know yet. He was one of a kind, one of the only acupuncturists in the country who use certain techniques, and he was the one who treated my candida. The heat is still bad and the pulling tightness burned feel is still bad. I hate seeing my whole face so damaged. I'm going to try to see if I can address the nerve pain, then the roseacea type symptoms I don't know if that is related to the nerves or a separate problem. Then lastly I am left with very upsetting damage. Hypopigmentation, lines pulling down to my jaw from the laser holes connecting, the crinkly hardened shiny surface, and the laser holes/orange peel texture. What a deep hole he pushed me in...
My heat and pain is so distracting that moving around my house is a feat. The longer this goes on and the more problems I am discovering the more people think I may have a lawsuit. I am hoping things can turn around though because it's disabling and keeping me from pursuing my career.
laurajean13

PostPosted by Janey44 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:57 pm

LJ, I was on cymbalta and I liked it a lot and plan on getting back on it when I'm done breast feeding again. There was a slight stomach upset which might be an issue for you however because I think you said you had a digestive system problem in the past. I was also wonder why you haven't mentioned pursuing any legal action against your doctor since yours in the most clear cut case of negligence that I've seen on these boards. It won't give you your life back of course, but it would help you finance all the treatments and medical procedures you may need to remedy this.
Janey44

PostPosted by laurajean13 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:45 pm

Janey: What were you on it for? Was it easy to get off of? I always leave meds as last resort and am giving the acupuncture a chance first since it's the only thing that actually would try to resolve the root cause instead of masking it. He works with nerve pain all the time, but due to the nature of this injury I'll see what can be done. I should see in a month if things can improve (nerve wise) and I will see if the red and flushing is nerve based or another problem entirely. My face hurts so bad 24/7, and it's unbearable to think, live another month like this?when I can't stand the thought of just tom. It amazes me how Ive gotten through all these days. I think when I went to lawyers it was too early in the process. But with the doctors app.'s follow ups and nerve damage and time that's passing it's clear I should have a case (which is the last thing Id ever want) I still lost my face and life. If I am here still suffering there is no way I won't contact lawyers after a while goes on and I have all of this documented. With where I am now I cannot see a way through this to make it livable. How on earth I went in for a procedure I healed 7 weeks prior in 5 days on those spots and come out with 50% of my face never supposed to be touch that ruins me, is beyond comprehension. When I touch my cheeks it feels like a severe sunburn.

Even my mom asks have you heard of any others with as bad discomfort or pain as you, and I don't know. Are there?
laurajean13

PostPosted by Janey44 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:05 am

I think you definitely have a case. You're in horrible pain and suffering terribly. You need compensation in case you need time to heal and can't support your self for a while. I took cymbalta for anxiety and depression but as a side effect it did help with back pain. I have a decent curvature of the spine from scoliosis. Nothing you can see unless I'm naked but it makes my back hurt something fierce after working all day. Gave me a general numb feeling, which under normal circumstances most people wouldn't like but in your case it might be a benefit.
Janey44

PostPosted by laurajean13 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:23 am

I agree. Time will tell. My therapist was also on cymbalta for back pain. She says she probably still has the pain but she just feels good. I think that's how it works, by helping the mind deal with it or something. This morning the pain was horrible, bu usually nights are the worst and tonight i actually feel comfort for the first time more so than i have. If the acupuncture can fix that I am still left with this red laser damaged skin with bad color change. Pain is the first priority. I'm getting an MRI this weekend to rule out the larger nerve that runs through the cheek. The pain of my damage will be long term though. and I'm still not sure if Ill have long lasting rosacea like symptoms which would be a nightmare for me.
laurajean13

PostPosted by DCNGA » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:58 am

Hi, LJ. An MRI can show nerve damage? I didn't know that. Do you know what they look for on an MRI to show the damage to the nerve?

DCNGA

PostPosted by laurajean13 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:00 pm

The MRI will not show nerve damage to the tiny nerves all throughout the cheek as there is no test that can see that, which I am sure is the issue. But what it would show is if there is any damage to the fifth cranial nerve (trigeminal) that runs through the cheek, which is larger. The neurologist just recommended it, not because we think that is the problem but just to rule it out. I decided I'd do it since it can't sure. I do have pain in the low cheek jaw area and under one eye.

http://www.newjerseyck.com/conditions-t ... OgodiVoAHg
TN patients are divided into typical and atypical cases. In typical TN, patients suffer from unpredictable episodes of stabbing, electric shock-like pain in a constant location of the face. Such patients can reproduce an attack by touching a “trigger point” on the face or performing a specific activity like chewing or talking. With atypical TN, the pain is a persistent dull ache or burning sensation in one part of the face. However, episodes of sharp pain can complicate atypical TN. There is usually not a specific trigger point with atypical TN, while the pain grows worse over time.

TN is usually related to compression of the trigeminal nerve by a blood vessel. It can arise suddenly and last several years and even decades. The number of attacks can be seasonal and vary from several each day to a few each year.

I remember when I had jaw surgery they had to be very careful not to disturb that nerve. It's something to rule out. I am not convinced laser would damage it but it did wreck havoc on the nerves in the dermis. Two days after my first acupuncture treatment and I have to say though not comfortable I feel the best I have for the first time. I am not needed ice 24/7 to numb the sensations and did step out a little despite my pain. It still hurts when I lotion or shower though, and I still get attacks but I'm not BS'ing there has been an immediate change. The pain last night was not bad at all compared to the way it was prior to the treatment. Let's see what several more can do. Then I have to see if the rosacea symptoms/burning/heat are nerve related or something else to address.

If I get this nerve pain better my emotional pain is just beginning. My cheek doesn't look young, or old, it just looks damaged with these lines and crinkled texture and dead color. I can't believe how bad he f'd it up. I am not forgiving of myself even though he was the one who made the mistake.
laurajean13

PostPosted by laurajean13 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:13 pm

By the way, does anyone think that this crinkle weird texture could be smoothed out with microdermabrasion in the future? Or maybe this is a dermal issue that will always remain. I'm afriad it's just going to look worse. I had a few soft dents months ago that have become unnoticeable now but the texture is horrendous. It's this liney rough skin stretching down to the jaw, so hard to describe.
laurajean13

PostPosted by Janey44 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:22 pm

You don't have to describe it to me because I see it every day :(. I don't think microdermabrasion will really help but it's worth a shot. I don't think it will hurt it. It's nice to see you actually ate getting past the pain enough to worry about the cosmetic damage now. How horrible! Sue that doctor!
Janey44

PostPosted by Me2 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:05 pm

I am happy the accupuncture is helping you! That is great news. If accupuncture stimulates circulation, count me in! I think these shadows and grayish areas I see under the skin is a result of inadequate circulation. A few of the grayish areas formed depressions, so I cringe every time I see another gray spot or line appear. Interestingly, they are visible only in certain lights and angles.

I have also wondered if microdermabrasion might help with the skin texture issues at some point down the road. Costco hosted PMD a couple of weeks ago. I was SO tempted to buy their microdermabrasion system. It won a couple of awards and I heard it is a great product. If it wasn't for this damage, the PMD products would have been in my shopping cart faster than you can say "Costco". I am getting a little braver when it comes to my skin, but I don't think I am that brave yet. My Clairisonic hasn't been touched since the IPL.
Me2

PostPosted by Mandy » Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:21 pm

I think the weird crinkled texture can improve. I had the same texture it had improved a lot. All I saw were lines and pores. My skin felt like it was no longer tight. My skin feels tighter and smoother. It does fluctuate depending how hydrated my skin is. There are times when I see my texture looking crinkly again. I was in a lot of pain also, my skin just felt extremely dehydrated.
Mandy
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by laurajean13 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:36 am

I thought today was better but the burning and pain came back real hard tonight. My left cheek flared like crazy. The surface is stripped. I wish you could see it if it's anything like you've seen before. It scares the crap out of me and is so unstable. I can't see this returning to normalcy looking like that. Hours with ice again tonight. I just can't sleep. It's really too early to tell anything I guess. Every scarred area I wanted done on my face was fine, but that soft tissue of the cheek just absorbed all that heat and deformed it and really ruined the whole equilibrium. I did not want my whole face resurfaced. My skin actually feels too tight on my cheeks, but the lines are from collagen loss I guess, all those micro hole damages connecting. My cheek used to match my neck texture and I can't believe how much he destroyed my face. The color doesn't even match. You know I'd like to date work and have some life, why on earth he'd run this over my whole glowing face instead of what we always did I will never know. But I don't know if I'll make it through this.

I wasn't just a bad case or miscommunication or mistake... I am a person.
laurajean13

PostPosted by laurajean13 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:48 am

I was also so happy after teh second treatment on the scars near my nose done correctly. It was a very small area. I went in for the third mainly for my forehead and nose which got good results after the third, and just thought why not do the cheek one last time since it helped. But I didn't need to, and I was happy enough and it led him to make this major error....and now I'm out of school lost my beauty, health, career path, and contemplate ending my life due to the pain and torture this will continue to put me through. How does one who was so happy and looking forward to the future fall so fast. And why didn't I just say not to do the bottom at all. All these scenarios play over in my head. It was the difference between joy and despair, comfort and pain, health and sickness. I'm too young to be feeling like life isn't worth it.
laurajean13

PostPosted by Mandy » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:43 pm

I'm sorry your feeling hopeless right now. I just want you to know your not alone. I have been were you are countless times. I felt like I had so much to look forward to. I hope you are able to find some peace. Just know their could be good days ahead you just have to get thru the hard ones to get to the good ones. I still struggle and it sucks. I'm glad that I know their are others who understand my pain. I'm glad that you are able to share your grief and fears with us. I don't remember have you tried any steroids to help control the inflammation? I had to when my skin was on fire. It helped a lot.
Mandy
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by djamilia555 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:58 am

Mandy wrote:I think the weird crinkled texture can improve. I had the same texture it had improved a lot. All I saw were lines and pores. My skin felt like it was no longer tight. My skin feels tighter and smoother. It does fluctuate depending how hydrated my skin is. There are times when I see my texture looking crinkly again. I was in a lot of pain also, my skin just felt extremely dehydrated.

Hi Mandy in what time did you notice improvements of your skin?
djamilia555

PostPosted by djamilia555 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:59 am

Can this lines really improve?
djamilia555

PostPosted by laurajean13 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:30 pm

I just got an MRI today. But my surface is no better. It looks singed, this is not minor either it causes severe pain and discomfort. I can't function and I still get burning flushing. I shave pain under my eye and no matter how much I lotion my skin is tight dry and burned looking/feeling. I'm screwed, my life is over. I'm going to be approaching 6 months and the surface is shot and not going back. I can't work, eat, shower or do anything there is no hope. These machines can kill
laurajean13

PostPosted by taija82 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:52 am

LJ it's truly deadly machine they can kill a persons soul and spirit ): hang in there it's such a used and old fraze we use in these forums but truly I mean it, hang in there.
Remember it takes up to two years for things to settle as far as I understand.

I emailed the Recell doc he says he has treated many Fraxel victims which I'm not sure is true or not , I'll send him some pics of my skin maybe consider flying to Perth to see him.. I'm just very sceptical of everyone I always has been and I still got taken for a ride, so I won't do anything until I see someone else who had had it done for same reasons. But I'll pick his brain a bit to see his take in it anyway.

Hopefully when your skin settles it may be an option for you to consider again , when your skin finally stops reacting and fluctuating so much although I believe in your case your skin texture will improve a lot once it stops dreaming out and starts retaining moisture again. Stay put try and hold on even if it's painful and it seems there is nothing but darkness ahead, I know how it feels when you think there is no way out. We don't know that just yet , it may be there down the road somewhere.
taija82

PostPosted by taija82 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:54 am

*freaking out* not dreaming lol
taija82

PostPosted by KVolek » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:09 pm

Hi Laura,
What about trying mebo burn ointment? Look it up, there is lots of information. Maybe it could help you!
KVolek

PostPosted by laurajean13 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:49 pm

It's problematic because a lot of those ointments are for healing the surface when it's burned from the top down. I'm 6 months out, my surface was never ablated, but fractionated burned in a controlled manner and it's basically healed but the surface is singed, and lacks moisture and won't retain it anymore, and the nerves are damaged. So I saw my doctor today and he sees that dryness and basically what I am getting from all my doctors is the feeling that I am going to have to learn to cope with the pain and damages. There doesn't seem to be much hope, and I seem to have to rely on medicines. I'm in a deep depression.

Taija: which doctor did you email?
laurajean13

PreviousNext

Return to Support for New Members (PUBLIC)