Concealer

This area provides information on name brand products that our members have tried or used in an attempt to treat their damage. Some products have been useful and others have not. "For Profit" website and, product mentions should be kept to this area only. These products include topical skin care, supplements, makeup, sunblock, etc.

Concealer

PostPosted by IPLdamage » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:09 am

Juast wanted to share that I finally found a product that seems to hide decently my undereye dark circles.
Until now products were too thick and would turn cakey on the thin skin or too runny and would not hide anything.
It is a new concealer from Bobbi Brown called Eye brightener and it comes in a little tube.
Although I am fairly pale something called Light Peach works for me. You need some "redness" to combine with the blue of the undereye.
It seems to hold well. Although I have not used it for long yet
IPLdamage

Re: Concealer

PostPosted by redbysciton » Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:31 pm

Another fantastic concealer/ foundation for burn marks, burst blood vessels, etc. is Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage cream in the navy tube w/ gold cap. The colors are very limited, but this is hands down the highest coverage mu I have ever found. Even when I had the huge burst blood vessel and pooled dark red blood near my eye right after my IPL this covered it! Fragrance free, water resistant, transfer resistant. I've swam in it. It is very thick, and can emphasize texture problems, esp. if your skin is dry, but it is the highest coverage I have found. I don't use it all over like foundation, but you can. I use it as concealer for my worst areas of pigment and blood vessels that the IPL created.

Great foundation for texture issues (as long as you either have oily skin or you moisturize well): Maybelline Fit Me Matte+Poreless. A liquid that is medium coverage that does a good job at smoothing out those pore-like holes and comes in lots of colors.
redbysciton

PostPosted by Kittee » Tue May 12, 2015 9:23 am

I'll have to try that concealer, red. I have some fugly broken blood vessels now since my skin was damaged, and some discolored scarring. My drug store concealer doesn't cut it for me anymore. :(
Kittee

PostPosted by sophie » Sat May 16, 2015 11:00 am

redbysciton wrote:
Great foundation for texture issues (as long as you either have oily skin or you moisturize well): Maybelline Fit Me Matte+Poreless. A liquid that is medium coverage that does a good job at smoothing out those pore-like holes and comes in lots of colors.

Do you get better results applying this with a sponge or with fingers?
sophie

Return to Brand Name Product Mentions and Reviews (PUBLIC)