FAT LOSS (5 MONTHS AFTER THE TREATMENT)

(Public Forum) This forum is for new ('newbie") members to ask questions and receive support. New members can post their story in this area.

FAT LOSS (5 MONTHS AFTER THE TREATMENT)

PostPosted by island » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:31 pm

Hello everybody,

I have been out of the forum for a while, still trying to fix the damage due to the vbeam. Well, I have been using psoria gold 3 times/ day as dr heng said me and silicone gel at nights (for scars). I am seeing improvements ( i think the swelling is gone) but I still have red/pink skin in some large areas and little red marks around all my cheeks, how long do you think last the redness/pinkness from the laser in the skin¿ The derm said to me that he redness will disappear, is the brown colour that is most difficult to fade but I am not sure about anything at this point.
Also I have a big mark at my noise, I dont know what it is, is like scratches, big red circular marks maybe the tracks of the laser.
The orange peel skin is the same, no improvements in this.
Well, the worst is the fat loss I have. Is in one side of my face (where I have been most burned), at first in this cheek I had irregularities at the skin and volume and I thought it was due to the swelling, now that its settle down, its very noticeable that my right cheek is gone. So now I have my left cheek full ( I have been gaining weight to reverse/prevent the fat loss) and my right cheek empty so my face now is very asymetrical.
Every day I regret so bad the decision I made when I left the doctor use a laser in my face.

Hope all is better for you and hope you are healing well... And Meemz, are you still around here¿ I would like to know how are you doing! Its your skin better after visiting Dr Heng¿

Thank you for your support!
Last edited by island on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
island

Re: FAT LOSS (5 MONTHS AFTER THE TREATMENT)

PostPosted by WG1 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:47 am

I'm so sorry. I know how traumatizing that is. I wish the FDA would take stronger measures to ensure that medical devices are safe. They just continue to ignore hundreds of adverse event reports. I hope everybody on the forum will report. Maybe a large enough number of reports will force them to look at the issue.
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Erica » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:23 pm

I really wish Dr. Heng could help those experiencing fat loss by making it clear why these devices cause it and what, if anything, can be done to stop it. I wonder if PRP can help?
“It always seems impossible until it's done.” Nelson Mandela
Erica

PostPosted by island » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:26 am

I am going to ask a doctor about PRP to restore fat loss and improve the skin, I asked before but they told me to wait to see how mi skin healed. Now with the fat loss I am very worried. I have been looking about fat grafts too. WG1 I read that you had fat grafts, do you notice an improvement of the skin, and are you happy with your results¿ Thanks
island

PostPosted by WG1 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:40 am

I don't look the same as I did before but I am happy I got grafts. I have a little scarring on my chin but that's it. Oh, and some rosacea. I had more scarring or pitting before the grafts so I think some improvement took place although it wasn't Earth-shattering or anything. I think my dermis was still relatively healthy. I know some people have a much thinner dermal layer. Mostly, the fat seems to have stopped the damage and that was the main thing I was after. If I had to do it again, I think I would go to Dr. Marten. My doctors did not do a bad job but I wonder if he would have been better. he will even graft in the forehead.
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by island » Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:26 pm

Thanks WG1, can I ask you how long after the laser procedure did you wait to got the fat grafts¿
Last edited by island on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
island

PostPosted by DCNGA » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:47 pm

Personally, I would avoid that doctor/procedure.

If you can afford to have FGs and travel to the US, Marten may be your best bet.

Each doctor has their own style. Some prefer to slightly overfill, some like to fill to little and 'layer'later as time goes on, others like to try to perfect it first go 'round. Some doctors are 'gimmicky' and try to give it a more marketable name, but (IMO) the really good doctors are honest and straight forward calling FGs, FGs not some other name that makes it sound like they've perfected something special that no one else does/has. Doctors like Guyuron and Marten don't have overkill websites and very few B/A pics, they are the more 'word of mouth' doctors who don't need a lot of hype and marketing to attract patients.

Most people have more than one round of FGs but a rare few can get away with one round. It's subjective and perhaps better technique with some docs than others.

As WG says, most people don't quite look the same afterwards. There's a difference in their appearance that does not always recapture their former self. That's not to say it does not look good, but most people don't look exactly as they did, whether they have had damage or they have not. The good docs ask for pictures of you when you were younger, so can imitate the fuller faces of youth and are more artistic in their approach.

FGs in different parts of the face, like fillers, can dissipate at different rates or take better in one area than another. There's little way to know beforehand if that will happen or not.

That's my two cents, for what it's worth (about one cent).
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by island » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:52 am

Thank you DCNGA, yes I agree with you with the doctor. I am going to check DR Marten. I would like the most conservative approach to try to have the same face as I had before (if it is possible). I saw a doctor today and he told me to wait at least one year to do any procedure because my skin is still very irritated for the damage of the laser. Even for PRP he would prefer to wait.
Last edited by island on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
island

PostPosted by Erica » Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:13 am

mmp, Because your skin is still so sensitive, it sounds like the best way to fight right now is internally and with the Psoriagold. Loads of organic greens and blueberries daily can help (I blend them). Add in foods that fight inflammation and delete the ones that worsen it. (Maybe you're already doing this). Also, I mentioned this on another post and it may sound a bit crazy but I wonder if a Vit C drip could help? (You'd need to see a Naturopathic doc for this)
“It always seems impossible until it's done.” Nelson Mandela
Erica

PostPosted by WG1 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:58 am

I had my first fat graft less than four months after laser damage. I am not sorry I did that. I have one friend who waited a very long time and she wishes she did it sooner. I am not trying to rush anybody as it is an important decision. I'm just telling it like it is from my perspective.
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:34 am

Agreed. But we must also tell that there are at least two for whom it was too early to undergo fGs and whose skin was too compromised and FGs was an extremely bad idea.

What it all boils down to, it's subjective. We each have our own damage, our own healing, and our own recovery. None of us reacts exactly the same to any one treatment. Sadly, there is no one good idea or one fix for all of us. You have to be willing to take the risk, whatever you choose and realize it's all a risk. It may turn out well and it may not. There's no way to know in advance.
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by 1Bella » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:52 am

island wrote:Thank you DCNGA, yes I agree with you with the doctor. I am going to check DR Marten. I would like the most conservative approach to try to have the same face as I had before (if it is possible). I saw a doctor today and he told me to wait at least one year to do any procedure because my skin is still very irritated for the damage of the laser. Even for PRP he would prefer to wait.

People be safe. Dr Marten did something very evil to me. If you have something done with him please take someone with you who can look after you every second you are under anestesia so that nothing bad is done against you.
1Bella

Return to Support for New Members (PUBLIC)