Vbeam damage

(Public Forum) This forum is for new ('newbie") members to ask questions and receive support. New members can post their story in this area.

Vbeam damage

PostPosted by island » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:55 pm

Hello,

I am looking for some help after a vbeam damage in my face. I had the procedure 4 weeks ago for 2 imperceptible broken capillaries. I had been told by the derm "any side effect and no downtime because it was a very gentle procedure". The derm did the laser in all my face. The first week I was very swollen and red. I was very worried about what was going on in my face and I was feeling pain in all my face, The derm and more doctors I saw told me to wait at least one month to the skin to calm down. Now, one month after, I am still very red, I have marks in my cheeks and the worst is I have a new skin texture: orange peel, open large pores in my cheeks , and irregular texture. Also my skin feels very sensitive. And the broken capillaries are still here . I would like to know if someone can help me with some advices to heal my skin. The doctors told me the marks will disappear with time, so I have to wait, but I don't know what to do with this skin texture, it's bumpy an irregular. Also I have like indents or depressions in the fat of one of my cheeks. I have been regretting this treatment very bad. A nightmare. I would really appreciate some advices (i already now about psoria gold) and of you think this is permanent damage. Thank you very much.
Last edited by island on Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
island

Re: Vbeam damage

PostPosted by meemz » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:38 pm

Hello mmp,

I am really sorry that you are experiencing this and hope that things will resolve quickly. I am having the same issues. I had 2 V beams 4 months ago and I am still red and having all the other damages. I tried many topicals and pills to get the inflammation and redness down, but nothing helped. Currently I am using the Psoria-Gold and it is only been 3 days since I started, I think I am going to benefit from it but do not know how long it will take before noticing improvements. I recommend that you eat healthy just fruits and vegetables and eliminate all diary products especially that you are in the early stages of the healing process. Fruits will help speed your healing and will help calm things down.

I know that you said that you already know about Psoria-Gold, but have you tried it? I find it really soothing and based on the board's members experiences, it does seem that it helps especially that your damage is new.

I am just like you seeking advice and trying to find a solution and I wish you fast healing
meemz

PostPosted by island » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:56 pm

Hi meemz,

OH! 4 months? Have you noticed also this change of texture (like orange peel) in the skin? If yes... When did you notice? For me was inmediatly, the day after the laser. I did not blister, I did not bruise after the laser, I had only big erythema,I was very red and swelling and with this texture. I also have an edema and tiny depressions in one cheek. Did you have non purpuric or purpuric vbeam?
Thanks!
island

PostPosted by meemz » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:11 pm

I had the non purpuric one. I did not blister and I noticed the orange peel texture also immediately. I still have this huge red area (the treated areas) on both cheeks and also I have this edema. I do not want to scare you and I know 4 months is a long period and I do not know if this will ever go away. But just to let you know, I was using Retin-A for 12 months before the lasers, which I believe caused the damage from the laser to be worse. Some doctors told me it is acute dermatitis that was aggravated by the long use of Retin-A and the laser contributed to it and some told me it is Rosacea that was induced by the laser. I used topical hydrocortisone and steroids to clear this but it did not help. I also took doxycycline and Medrol dose pack (steroid pills) to help with the inflammation, but nothing worked and everything made it just worse. So I decided to let time do its magic and just use the Psoria-Gold cause it is natural and some members had good results from it although they were years out from the damage.
meemz

PostPosted by island » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:42 pm

Can I ask you why did you do the vbeam?
island

PostPosted by meemz » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:51 pm

Of course you can :)

One week after I stopped the Retin-A, I noticed that my face was a little bit red because it was inflamed from the long period of using Retin-A. I went to a dermatologist who told me that I have broken blood vessels and I have Rosacea! and V beam would help in removing these blood vessels and mild redness. Now I am left with more redness and more broken blood vessels and creepy texture thanks to the Vbeam!
meemz

PostPosted by island » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:10 pm

ok
Last edited by island on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
island

PostPosted by meemz » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:34 pm

Feel free to ask any question and english is not my native language too LOL. I do have all these things that you have. I have these white lines and circles that I do not know what they are. I do have patches that look like eczema on my cheeks and I have the track lines where the laser went. All my symptoms started at day 2 and it just kept getting worse and worse. I did the second laser treatment 3 weeks after the first one because the derm told me to do so and I trusted him. And although when I went to do the second treatment the redness was more, the derm did the procedure and I do not know if he changed the settings or not. I really do not know what were the settings and I never went back to that derm and I really do not want to see him after what he did to me. I did a biopsy that shows that I have sparse superficial perivascular infiltrate of lymphocytes and histiocytes. I really do not know what this means, but I was told that it is a type of white blood cells that exist to fight an injury or something that had happened to the skin. I believe that the derm burned my dermis.
One derm told me that V beam is used to damage blood vessels, but sometimes it stimulate the growth of new blood vessels.

I really do not recommend that you use the Retin-A not now and not any time in the near future because it will just irritate and inflame your skin more. Try the Psoria-Gold I believe it will help because it is natural and it fights inflammation.

I wish I had a solution for this condition.. I really regret doing this because it just made things worse.. I really do not mind having the few blood vessels that I had before, but now my cheeks are still red which is really annoying me and destroying my whole confidence and life. Is your face still red?
meemz

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:37 pm

You are best to stay away from ANYTHING that will induce more inflammation. Inflammation is the enemy. RetinA will definitely cause more inflammation. Your doctor is advising based on nothing since he's likely claiming he's never seen this before. How can he advise you on how to treat something none of them even admit is possible? His advice should be taken likely. Ask him how many he's treated so far that have had laser/vbeam damage and exactly how did he decide that RetinA would help. He's guessing at best. Trust me on that.
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by island » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:03 pm

WOW! Now I am very lost. The derm who gave me the Retin A uses Vbeam since the 90's. I went to see him because he is suposed to be an expert in lasers.

I am so sorry about your treatment, I really hope your derm did not burn your dermis. If it did, it is permanent? Can the dermis heal? We are not doctors but they seem to know anything, how can they use this treatments and say there's no side effects and it is a gentle treatment when they destroy our dermis???? I am very worried now. What I should expect?
I did notice improvement since the first days after procedure. First I was very swollen and red, now I am red but not so much, and not swollen (visually) but my cheeks seems inflamed internally, because the texture etc. I have been told also about PRP to help to heal the skin, what do you think?
Last edited by island on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
island

PostPosted by meemz » Sat Nov 24, 2012 7:25 pm

Right now I really do not trust any dermatologist or any procedure even if it sounds promising. I read that some people who had laser damage rushed into quick fixes that did not help but made things worse. I really recommend that you fight the inflammation now and do not use anything harsh on your skin and do not rush into procedures that might make things worse. I think it will take time for your skin to get back to normal but you have to make sure to eat healthy and baby your skin. There are people who said that it might take about 2 years for skin and body to heal from such a damage.

I am not sure if dermatologists really know what they are doing or what they are recommending.. It seems that all what they know is lasers, Retin-A, Hydrocortisone, Steroids, and all these stuff that won't help but will make things worse. I had a dermatologist who prescribed a cream that is used for pre-cancerous cells.. Thanks God I was wise enough not to use that cream and thanks for this support forum that made me realize that what I am experiencing is not something weird and so many went through the same thing.
meemz

PostPosted by island » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:15 am

I have been reading in other forums that sometimes vbeam makes your skin worst the first months after the procedure and later the redness stop. I hope with time the marks will disappear or at least they could be less visible.
How do you know if the dermis is burnt? Which are the symptoms? The leather, orange peel look of the skin is a symptom of the damage of the dermis or only of the epidermis? I am very confused.

And, which vitamins, supplements are good to help to heal the skin? I am going to take green tea and vitamin D3. Someone recommend me also collagen in capsules. Do you take some supplements? Could someone recommend me which ones are the most adequate for a laser damage?
island

PostPosted by meemz » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:51 pm

I also read that it can take months for the redness to go and things get back to normal. I am saying that my dermis might be damaged or burned because the biopsy showed that in the dermis there are white cells (which should not be there). I was told that in case of an injury or burn these white cells appear, so this is why I am saying that the laser might burnt my dermis.

As far for the supplements, I am not taking any supplements because I do not know any that might help and would be interested in other members' suggestions. But i am nourishing my body and getting my supplements and vitamins from the foods that I am eating. I am eating lots of fruits (for the last 10 days I ate nothing but fruits and every couple of days I would have a salad). I am not eating diary products, pastas, breads, and these stuff.

The only thing that I am using on my face is the Psoria-Gold twice a day and I try to sleep as much as I can, especially between 10-2, our bodies go into healing modes while sleeping.
meemz

PostPosted by Erica » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:58 pm

Meemz, How/where did they do the biopsy? Do you have a scar from it? It's been discussed quite a bit but most are concerned it would cause more scarring. Proof positive of damage that I wish we could all do. As a collective group, it would prove to the world the destructive side of lasers/ipl.
“It always seems impossible until it's done.” Nelson Mandela
Erica

PostPosted by meemz » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:20 pm

Erica,

I did the biopsy in the office of one of the dermatologists that I went to say in the last couple of months (in Washington, DC). The biopsy was done in my hairline and the area is still scarred, but it is healing nicely. I know I wrote this before but this is the analysis of biopsy (the epidermis is normal, but in the dermis there is a sparse superficial perivascular infiltrate of lymphocytes and histiocytes) they could not predict why there are lymphocytes and histiocytes, but I am assuming it is due to the laser damage.

Hope that helps..
meemz

PostPosted by island » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:29 pm

Hi meemz,

I am so sorry to hear that. I have been told that if the dermis is burned, you don't feel any pain. It is your case? Because I felt a lot of pain after the treatment. I really hope your dermis is not burned. Maybe the lymphocytes and histiocytes are there for the injury of the dermis but is not burned, only damaged but healing. WHat the doctor who did the biopsy says? I would like to do a biopsy too but the areas where the derm did the laser are the cheeks, nose, forehead and if they do the biopsy there the scar it will be very visible. It is necessary to do the biopsy in the treated areas by laser or it is not necessary?
island

PostPosted by meemz » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:49 pm

I really do not know if the biopsy should be taken from the same treated areas. My biopsy was taken from my hairline. I never went back to the dermatologist who did the biopsy because she was the one that recommended the precancerous treatment.

I just asked another doctor and this is his reply (the retin A and laser sessions could very well cause lymphocytes and histiocytes to come to the skin next to blood vessels. lazer therapy damaged small blood vessels on the skin. these broken skin blood vessels are called telangectasias or patecheia. many times, these broken blood vessels are permanant since the blood that leaks to the skin stays there and leaves pigment. there are other laser skin therapies which are used to remove tattoos which can sometimes lesses the blood pigments left behind in the skin from the broken blood vessels, but, I bet right now, more laser therapy is probably the last thing you want to have to your skin).

So I hope that my dermis wasn't burnt and the inflammation will go away with time. But I am afraid that the laser damage (increased blood vessels) is permanent and will never resolve. SIGH!
meemz

PostPosted by island » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:37 pm

Hi meemz, I hope your inflammation goes away...
Do you, or everyone in this forum, know how deep vbeam could go into the dermis? why is the reason the dermis is damaged? High settings?
Last edited by island on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
island

PostPosted by Erica » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:51 pm

Lasers are capable of doing all sorts of crazy things (as admitted by one of the top derms in my city who does lasers). There are so many variables for professionals getting it right. Plus, being machines, anything can go wrong. Plus, not everyone has the type of skin that should be lasered.

If I were you, I would e-mail Siana (customer service for Psoriagold). She forwarded my e-mail to Dr. Heng who responded quickly. Dr. Heng may be able to give you some insight.
Erica

PostPosted by DCNGA » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:21 pm

mmp wrote:Hi meemz, I hope your inflammation goes away...
Can I ask you if your skin texture did not improve in all this months? Mine is for one hand bumpy, irregular, and with open large pores, orange peel look. I can't understand the reason of this change of texture that appeared inmediatly after the vbeam. Do you think it is for the inflamation under the skin, or it is only the epidermis (in this case should improve with time with peelings etc?)
Do you, or everyone in this forum, know how deep vbeam could go into the dermis? If the laser target only the red, the adjacent tissues could not be damaged, why is the reason the dermis is damaged? High settings? Because mine were low (or that says the derm).

There is always, always 'collateral' damage, no matter what studies, doctors or the device makers say. There is 'new active thermal by-stander effect".

topic1303.html
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by Erica » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:26 pm

I have collateral damage. A burn surgeon I saw used the term "laser splash"
Erica

PostPosted by meemz » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:59 pm

mmp wrote:Hi meemz, I hope your inflammation goes away...
Can I ask you if your skin texture did not improve in all this months? Mine is for one hand bumpy, irregular, and with open large pores, orange peel look. I can't understand the reason of this change of texture that appeared inmediatly after the vbeam. Do you think it is for the inflamation under the skin, or it is only the epidermis (in this case should improve with time with peelings etc?)
Do you, or everyone in this forum, know how deep vbeam could go into the dermis? If the laser target only the red, the adjacent tissues could not be damaged, why is the reason the dermis is damaged? High settings? Because mine were low (or that says the derm).

mmp, thought this might help you.. This was sent to me from Siana, the sales lady from Psoria-Gold

The laser damage basically caused you a burn. Inflammation from laser damage can continue for months after the damage, even after the pain has subsided. What happens when damage is inflicted upon the skin, the levels of phosphorylase kinase enzyme increase. This enzyme, called ph-K, is the signal that tells your skin to heal abnormally and the results can vary from overproduction of melanin (hyperpigmentation) to over production of skin cells (psoriasis, scarring, hardening of the skin, textural changes, etc.) You stop the scarring, textural, changes, and color changes by stopping the inflammation that occurs months after the laser damage. Psoria-Gold stops the inflammation in two ways. It is a natural anti-inflammatory, and it is also a phosphorylase kinase inhibitor, which is the switch that tells the skin to stop producing more skin cells, sending more blood to that area, and to stop changing in ways we don't want. It takes about 3 months.
meemz

PostPosted by island » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:50 am

Hi, thank you for your answers. YEs, i already wrote Siana, we are discussing which cream will be better for me according for my symptoms.

Erica, I have been reading your posts but I can't find your damage story at the forum. I know you have been damaged by vbeam too. I am so sorry. I would like to ask you some questions about it, if you don't mind... I have read you are okay now (topic2370.html) and that you have tried PRP. Can I ask you when it was the damage and how was yours? Did you have blisters? ANd when you start to healing? How many time after the damage you tried PRP, because one of the doctors recommend me just that, but I want to wait at least 3 months.

Thank you for your help
Last edited by island on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
island

PostPosted by meemz » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:39 pm

Hi mmp,

I was wondering if you do not mind telling me what did Siana tell you and what she recommended?
meemz

PostPosted by island » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:47 pm

Hi meemz,

Of course, she said me "Don't worry, luckily it has been only 4 weeks, which is very early and you have time to improve your skin. After 6 months, and it is difficult. Is your skin very dry at the moment? Do you use anything on it right now? For very recent burns we recommend the Face Ultra, which is very concentrated, and has less alcohol (needed for absorption of the active ingredient, curcumin). It has a moisturizer for those who have very dry skin as well. The regular formula should be fine as well, but is not as concentrated. Let me if you skin tends to be oily or dry. If oily, use the Classic Ultra or Regular formula. If dry, use the Face Ultra."

My skin is not very dry, is more oily than dry. Yours, meemz?
island

PostPosted by meemz » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:04 pm

My skin after the laser treatment became so dry to the point that if I did not moisturize it will flare up.. I am using the Face Ultra and I am really liking it.

I hope that by time and by using Psoria-Gold our skin will get back to normal, it is going to be a long journey though
meemz

PostPosted by Erica » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:23 pm

Oh sorry, mmp! My previous forum name was Hummbird123 but I got tired of that and wanted to have a real name. :) You can find my story under Hummbird. Also, I think we discussed PRP previously?
Erica

PostPosted by Mandy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:38 pm

I'am wondering if the psoria gold helps our skin not to produce the phosphysase kinase inhibitor, if we can put retin a and have some inflamation with out having anymore damage? I feel like any kind of inflamation causes damage to my skin. Where before this was not the case. Will it ever normalise were my skin will not react this way? This has been the most frustrating part for me.
Mandy
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by meemz » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:48 pm

Mandy,

This is what Dr.Heng told me about Retin-A "Retin A treatment can thin the stratum corneum and make you sensitive to sun-damage and cause inflammation"

Psoria-Gold will help reduce the inflammation caused by the laser damage and it will also inhibit phosphorylase kinase enzyme production that tells our skin to heal in an abnormal way. So I think the Psoria-Gold is a 2 in 1 product.

How long has it been since your damage?
meemz

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:45 pm

wait, so does it cause sun damage? Or make your sun damage more sensitive was she was saying?
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by meemz » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:28 pm

Retin-A makes your skin thin and sensitive and therefore your skin will be easily sun-damaged.
meemz

PostPosted by Mandy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:58 pm

Its been over two years since my damage. I dont think i have inflamation anymore. My problem is when I do a micro or a peel and my skin doesnt heal like it use to. Instead of looking smoother it looks rougher and uneven. How can I get my skin to act normal so I can exfoliate without causing further damage? Will the psoria gold help normalize my skin so I can do procedures and smooth out my skin with out causing more damage?
Mandy
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by meemz » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:11 am

I was told that Psoria-Gold improves skin texture that is caused by the laser damage and laser damage but it will take time to see improvments.. It might take about 6-9 months..
meemz

PostPosted by Mandy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:31 am

I guess I will have to give it a try then. I hope it works:)
Mandy
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by afraidafteripl » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:15 am

I have read some negative stuff about micros. Also read that doing too many exfoliating procedures may accelerate the aging process. This was said by a derm in an article dont know how trustworthy the source is but i would not be surprised if that could happen. I am gonna ask my derm about this when i see her.

There is so much negative stuff out there on these procedures so i will never have one again:-)
afraidafteripl

PostPosted by Mandy » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:11 pm

since my damage is old would the psoria gold even help me with my texture at this point? I was reading that after 6 months its more difficult.
Mandy
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by meemz » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:17 pm

I think yes it will but it will take time.. And I really do recommend that you stop doing micro and peels because they are harsh procedures even if your damage is old.
meemz

PostPosted by afraidafteripl » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:20 pm

Mandy,

I dont know about older damage. From what i have heard it may take longer. The best thing is to ask them ya know:-)
afraidafteripl

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:23 pm

Mandy,

As you know, I used it after 2 years post laser damage. SIGH!!! And it still improved the texture of my skin.
however, I would not have known if I did not have the pictures taken already. SIGH!!! Ate Kiwis for lunch, Grapefruit for breakfast. =(

I want some STEAK!!!!!
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by meemz » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:42 pm

The pictures on the Psoria-Gold website look promising and it looks like texture can be improved.. Also if you are lactose intolerant, this might contribute to your textural changes as Dr.Heng says.

It is my first week of using Psoria-Gold and I cannot wait to see how my skin will look in 3 or 6 months.. A long journey ahead of me Sigh :(

Blue,

I am craving real food 2.. it is been 2 weeks since I started on the fruit diet diary free diet and I feel sick and I am suffering..
meemz

Next

Return to Support for New Members (PUBLIC)