Vbeam damage

(Public Forum) This forum is for new ('newbie") members to ask questions and receive support. New members can post their story in this area.

Re: Vbeam damage

PostPosted by meemz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:20 pm

Thanks afraidafteripl, I am glad that I asked. Then how can I deal with this unbearable symptom? :( If I do not cool my face, I feel that it will explode
meemz

PostPosted by WG1 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:57 pm

I'm curious, Meemz, after you ice your face does the swelling go down? Does the skin tone change back from purple to normal or at least red?
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by meemz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:19 pm

Yes it goes back to normal after I wash my face with cool water or apply ice packs.. Dr.Heng told me that this is because that this is recovery from the Vbeam damage and my body is sending blood to my face to promote healing just like when you are injured and bruise.

I have no idea what is this and how to prevent it from happening
meemz

PostPosted by WG1 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:18 pm

It sounds like the ice is reducing the inflammation.

http://www.rennwellness.com/physiotherapy/ice-for-injury-and-inflammation.html

Note that you should never put the ice pack directly on your skin. You should wrap it in a towel or something.

Such a serious injury to continue to be inflamed so badly that it turns purple every night! I'm so sorry, Meemzie! I had inflammation in the face for a very long time and could not take the sun. But I don't think I turned purple every night :(

That shouldn't discourage you as everybody reacts a little differently to injury and it may be a good sign that your face is healing itself, as the article states. :)
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by meemz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:22 pm

Ya I am really careful in icing my face... I am not using ice directly on my face.. what I use is a mask that has a gel inside and I put this mask in the refrigerator and when I feel that it is turning purple, I apply the mask on my face..

This is really devastating and I am really scared that this would last for ever.

Again, thank you for all the information that you are providing
meemz

PostPosted by DCNGA » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:55 pm

I think the way you're doing it, meemz, seems reasonable.
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:01 pm

MMP,

I think just babying your skin, Making sure your house is not too dry by putting humidifier on ( I have noticed this winter that Dr. Heng was trying to get me to keep my skin not dry. I think having dry skin is also very bad for us)

And as you said, eating really healthy is very important.

I don’t think putting ice pack is good, it’s definitely falls under being harsh on our skin. This is just my opinion though.
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by KVolek » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:13 pm

I have been using psoria gold for almost 8 weeks now and i am starting to see some positive changes. This past week especially i have been noticing that some of the lines are harder to see! Yeah! I still have a long way to go but it makes me hopeful that i am starting to notice some changes. I also have been eating tons of fruit and veges and am now dairy free. With christmas coming there is chocolate all around me which i absoleutly love! OH well, hopefully i will not have to do this forever!
KVolek

PostPosted by WG1 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:18 pm

Kvolek, you can make chocolate fudge out of organic virgin coconut oil and cacao. Google raw vegan chocolate recipes. :)
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by KVolek » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:25 pm

Thanks for the tip. I will defiently check it out!
KVolek

PostPosted by island » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:47 am

Hello everybody,
I am not seeing any healing in my y skin and I am almost 1 month and 3 weeks after the vbeam damage. In fact I am seeing more damage these days, so I would like to know if this is normal. I have read at the forums that the first 6 months I could see more damage appearing but I also have read that the first months after damage are the period of healing. Could someone help me please? Your experiences are very important to me now because the derm who did the laser is not going to help me.
Last edited by island on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
island

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:04 am

Mmp, Also I want to add that you want to make sure you sleep between 10PM to 2AM. That’s when your healing hormones are most active. You want to take advantage of that. Very important!!!! I don’t know what to tell you except to eat lots of fruits and use psoria. I have not had any success with anything else. But I would strongly suggest a course of fruit diet. Its just different from eating a lot of fruit then eating it in certain intervals one kind only.

Also, I read that it’s good to exercise. Try not to stress!! It will hinder your healing. Try to be positive, think thankful thoughts. I am not really sure about all the details but stress and negative thinking causes negative hormones that will hinder healing. Exercising 6 times is the best, but if you do it 7 times it’s bad, You want to give your body 1 day to rest. So I would put about 5~6 days of exercising. Running is good. It promotes circulation and also impacts your soles of your feet which is good.

Also, MMP are you using any sunscreen? I have tried many different types and I have found the Badger to be the most none irritating out of all the sunscreens I have tried. Protecting your skin with sunscreen at this point is also important.
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by Erica » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:38 pm

mmp, all of us have been right where you are now and totally understand 100 percent how you're feeling. Glad to hear the Psoriagold is on it's way as I believe you're still early enough on in your healing to benefit from it. Trying not to stress is important but that is easier said than done. The only thing that brought me relief early on was Ativan. I took a very small dose and did not get addicted (Of course this is not the case for everyone and a person must be very careful when using medications like these. Some people become addicted and have terrible problems making this whole situation even more of a nightmare). That being said and speaking from my experience, they serve a purpose and I am very thankful it was available to me when I needed it.

Not gonna lie, recovering from this ordeal is an emotional roller-coaster. Hang in there, we're here for you along the way.

Hugs mmp.
“It always seems impossible until it's done.” Nelson Mandela
Erica

PostPosted by island » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:25 am

Thank you for your advices.

Meemz, how is your skin now? Are you noticing improvement with Psoria Gold? I am still waiting for the creams.
I saw a very good derm 3 days ago because my skin is worst every day and he recommend me a cortisone cream to use 4 days to calm down the skin. He told me I am an exceptional case, he only saw another case like me after vbeam but I am glad he accepted the damage for the laser because the derm who did it said it was impossible.
Hoping healing for everyone. And thanks for the support.
Last edited by island on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
island

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:34 am

Be very careful with steroid creams. They can have negative affects on the skin with continued use. They are only helpful VERY short term. Also, I hope he provided a low dose and I would stick to the four days only then stop.

Unless doctors have studied curcumin's properties they may not agree that PG can help. I think our group here is a good small scale study of those affected and the positive effects it can have for some (although not everyone gets full benefits as others do).

I'm glad the doctor admitted to you that what you're seeing was caused by the device. Are you in Europe? If so, you might PM other members who are close to you and tell them this doctor's name so they can see him as well for validation. If one doctor was able to see enough of those damaged, it may make an impact.
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by meemz » Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:48 pm

mmp,

I am glad that you found a helpful dermatologist and I hope that the steroid cream works for you. I want to tell you that I saw many dermatologists and most of them prescribed steroid creams. I used a low dose for almost a week twice daily, but unfortunately, it did not help. And I was told by Dr.Heng that steroids should not be used because they thin the skin. But if you used it only for 4 days I hope it does not thin your skin and I hope it calms things down.

For me, I have been using the Ultra Face of Psoria-Gold for almost 5 weeks, I am not sure if I am seeing improvements. I think it is going to take a long time before seeing improvements especially that I was using Retin-A for almost a year before my laser damage. So I believe my damage is a huge and deep damage. Siana told me that there are 14 layers in the epidermis and most of them are dead or dying cells. Each damaged skin layer takes 28 days to regenerate. So to regenerate the top 3 layers, it takes 3 months. If the damage exists in layers that are deeper than the 3 top layers, it takes about 6 months to regenerate. And if the damage is way deep in the dermis and exists in the deepest layer, it takes (14*28=392 days) almost 14 months to regenerate all the 14 damaged layers.
So I think it takes time to see improvements.

I am going to stick with the Psoria-Gold cause I really do not trust any other chemical medication and Psoria-Gold is based on research and it is natural.

I was using the Ultra Face formula for 5 weeks, and Dr.Heng wants me to use the Regular Formula and the Ultra Face formula at the same time. I started using the Regular Formula yesterday. Which Formula will you be using?
meemz

PostPosted by island » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:04 pm

Hi meemz,

Dr Heng recommend me this:
"Use the regular strength frequently (at least 4 times a day) - thin layer, massaging into the skin with the fingers - spreading it to cover as much skin as possible. This will help with the "burn" damage. Use a glycerine soap rather than regular soap. Avoid deodorant soaps. If the skin is irritated, use water alone - no soap. Avoid colognes and scented make-up. Avoid the packaged washes that they hand out in airplanes since they contain colognes. Avoid squeezing limes and lemons with your fingers - these contain furocoumarins, which make you photosensitive (makes rosacea worse).
Then, use Psoria-Gold, ultra (face) on top of the regular strength Psoria-Gold. This will help with decreasing scars after the laser burn. Again you need to massage this into the skin and not just dab it on top. Use this morning and night.
If you use make-up or sunscreen, use a layer of regular curcumin gel underneath. Make-up, sunscreen, moisturizers and even conditioners in the shampoo will clog up the pores and make them look larger."
Also she recommend me to have a lactose-free diet.
island

PostPosted by meemz » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:20 pm

The instructions she gave me are pretty much the same except that she did not tell me to use the Regular Formula 4 times a day, I am only using it twice daily and on top of it I am applying the Ultra Face Formula.

I hope that you receive the products soon and I am sure that you will benefit from them since your damage is recent. Just do not freak out and do my mistake and go to many dermatologists and use different medications that only made things worse.

I really believe in the science of curcumin and I hope it helps us..
meemz

PostPosted by island » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:41 am

Dr Heng recommend me to use the cream 4 times/day for the burns. Did you send photos to her? Maybe your damage is less than mine, I don't know.

I have been visiting a lot of dermatologists but seems that anybody has answers for this kind of damage. Did you have blisters after the laser?
Last edited by island on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
island

PostPosted by island » Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:49 am

DCNGA, yes I am in Europe, which members of the forum are in Europe? I will be happy to help.
I have to say that this derm accepted my damage of the laser as an exceptional case,and I don't know if he knows how to repair it. Also he does all kinds of lasers.
island

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:29 am

Mmp, Actually, Dr. H also gave me some steroid after seeing her for couple of months because she found out that I was severely sensitive to light. I don’t think she wanted to, but I think she kind of felt like she had to to make me feel more comfortable because I was literally sleeping inside the closets, and working at a very dark office because my face was burning all the time. I was wearing aluminum foil while driving. OMG!! It was a nightmare!!!

Eitherway, I used it like 2 days and never touched the cream. Didn’t feel like it was doing anything for me really. And I was actually little scared to use anything un-natural and I still am. Dr. H never complained about me not using it. If I recall correctly, she did advise me to not use it for more than 1 month. And go back on it after giving my face a break. I think about a month? And she said I can use it again. But I want to re-iterate that it was soley to make me be more comfortable. Personally, at this point I don’t care about comfort. Really, I just want my face to look like a normal face.

These days, I just use Psoria Regular and Ultra depending on how dry my skin is. When it’s really dry, I Use the regular and when it’s normal I use the Ultra. I also have a lot of Aloe Plants at the house that I use to combat drying for the wintertime. I haven’t found anything that helps more with drying. I just take the sap and apply them continually until the sap in the entire leaf of an aloe runs out. And I have found that to be the best cure for skin dryness. And there are days where my skin is so dry that it starts to hurt. And those days I just use Aloe and it really works well for me.

Meemz, the thing about damaged layers is extremely interesting thanks for sharing. I am just wondering, My outer layer of the skin is looking more and more like a burned scar. The cobble like texture seems to have gotten worse in the last 3 year. I am hoping that the damage beneath is moving upwards, but I am sure it’s way more complicated than that?

One thing I am really happy about these days is the lizard like texture. My skin was so tough and thick,but it’s really softening up very slowly. I hope it continually softens and my face just becomes normal. SIGH!!!!
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by island » Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:39 pm

Hi Blue,

How long have you been using PG? I saw your photos and I saw your improvement, congratulations! Do you use Retin A again now? 2 derms prescribed me retin a for the texture but I am not going to use it because I am only 2 months after the procedure and after all your advices I think the best now is reduce inflammation. I am afraid to reduce inflammation because I read you can see more damage when the inflammation goes down.
Last edited by island on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
island

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:11 pm

MMp,

Yea but you want to take out inflammation sbecause if you don't its consistently damaging your skin. It's been 1 year since I have used Psoria. I believe I have started it January of this Year. So it will be 1 year very soon.

I am not sure if I am at a state where I should be congratulated, but I have definitely improved. I still have long long ways to go. My mother and I were discussing this today also and she said she was very shocked to see my photos. ( She has been snooping around my ipad and saw photos that I sent to Dr. H)

I plan on going to visit Dr. H soon. I am going to have a list of questions to ask her when I visit. Especially about this thick lizard like skin and cobble texture that seems to have gotten worse in last 3 years ( Post laser damage) It's really a question for me because my face was intact, and I was (Without any exaggeration) red as a tomato and I saw bloods moving around inside the face. He burned the inside of the face and left my outer intact. So I am hoping the damages are moving up into the surface, but I am sure our skin is wayyy more complicated than that. I will have to say though. My face used to have this ashy color very weird, but it's gotten better. I feel like my outer ligning of the skin is building up that;s why? The werid shinny texture improved and When I wear make-up it used ot look so much worse, but it's not as bad as it was before so I can actually wear some make up.

MMP, I use Baby Shampoo for my hair, Absolutely no cologne. I use Neutrogena glycerine soap. She wnats me to use the Bar Soap, but I have been using liquid. I don't like bar soap at all, but she is veyr big on using less of the soap. She said that's why she wanted me to use the bar because the liquid allows u to use so much more of it she said.

I was on Retin-A 1 year post my damage from laser, but I got damaged from Retin-A too. I think I didn't handle it well and I just put on too much. In the beginning it was a miracle cure for mea nd I am still glad I did it, but I wish I did Psoria first and perhaps very mild form of retin-A very sporadically, instaed of so religiously. Dr. H does not allow me to use Retin-A because I have major photo sensitivity issue. And as you alreayd probably know Retin-A makes youre skill very sensitive to light. I am still very irritated from Laser and Retin-A so I am just trying to baby my skin. If my face every return some what normal, I might ask Dr. H to see if she would give me a very mild form so I can try it. I do love the cream and believe its good, but because our skin is not normal, you just have to be very careful with it. And there are people on this forum, even without laser that have been very daamged my retin-A so. it's definitely something to think about. And be very cautious if you ever want to try retin-A.
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by meemz » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:45 pm

mmp, I also did not have Rosacea before the laser, and I also did not have blisters from the laser and I believe that my burn is way deep in the dermis because I can see the redness is coming from underneath the skin.

Blue, I am also seeing that my outer layer of the skin is looking like a burn scar and I cannot understand what is going on.. Maybe you should ask Dr.Heng?
meemz

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:55 pm

Meeze,

I don't know my burn scar looking fluctuates. Like now it seems like it's getting better. =( I'll ask her though when I see her next month. I am planning on heading over that way in late January. =)
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by meemz » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:05 am

Blue,

Please let me know which day are planning to go see Dr.Heng and what time? I am planning to go visit her too so I thought we can go together..
meemz

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:25 pm

Meeze,

I am planning on the 25th of January.
My friend is going around that time so I was going to see and stay with her and stay for the weekend.

Yea, let me know if you do go.
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by vbeamsd » Sat May 02, 2015 8:43 pm

20150224_201936.jpg

I had Vbeam on 02/12/15. This is one of 70 photos post procedure. My derm was stymied for an explanation.
What did you do to resolve your matter?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vbeamsd

PostPosted by taija82 » Sat May 02, 2015 10:48 pm

Cant see the image sorry it says i have no Permission to view the file.
taija82

Previous

Return to Support for New Members (PUBLIC)