Vbeam damage

(Public Forum) This forum is for new ('newbie") members to ask questions and receive support. New members can post their story in this area.

Re: Vbeam damage

PostPosted by Erica » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:23 pm

Our bodies need nutrients from a variety of foods. Yes, we can reduce/eliminate dairy, as our bodies don't need them. I think the fruit diet is extreme and personally, I wouldn't do it. Our bodies need protein for healing as well. We also need veggies too. Good to incorporate a lot of fruit into one's diet, especially when healing from a trauma. But only fruits is extreme and in my opinion, unnecessary and even risky.
“It always seems impossible until it's done.” Nelson Mandela
Erica

PostPosted by Mandy » Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:11 am

blue buzz your pics do give me hope. i hope i can get some results too!
Mandy
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:42 pm

Mandy, I know Meeze told me that too. I am so glad that my pictures bring some encouragement to some of you all. It's the only positive thing that has come from this experience. SIGH~ Mandy, I do want to emphasize the eating of fruits too. =) It's also made a huge difference from the deep layers instead of the surface.

And I wanted to share with you that this year my skin has been exceptionally dry, so I asked Dr. Heng what I should do, and wanted to use Emu Oil. I used to clean my make up with it and really liked it and she in all caps said.... NO EMU OIL!!!!

I am not saying we should believe everything that she says, but she did explain to me about our porelinings when I was at her office how it has 10 layers and that it is suppose to shed one layer at a time, and she said that the pores naturally do a good job, but we humans put all this chemicals in and she said when you look at the pore linings at the microscope then it's all swollen because of all the lotions. So, that has been the driving factor for me to not use lotions anymore.

So I did buy the book from Dr. Morse to gain some additional knowledge of Homeopathy and he also shared a very similar insight.

I am not trying to correct you by any means but just wish to share all the information I have so that we can all make a judgement of what's best for us from our experiences. ;) After reading your posts, I know you are going through so much from this Mandy, and I am just so sorry and I just wish you so much healing. Because it's really been the hardest thing for me too. =( I wish I can fully snap out of it, but I have only been able to maybe 80% =(

But you know I miss HoneyComb, where is she? Hahahaha
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by Mandy » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:33 pm

Hey bluebuzz, I called to order some psoria gold and they told me no emu oil too. She is sending me the ultra for me to try. I worried about my skin feelling dry too because it has been colder here. I'm glad she is letting me try a sample. She didnt really explain if it would help heal the uneveness of my skin or the slits, or pores. Im sad that im so far out from the damage and hope it will stil benefit me. She was unsure but believed it could do some good since im stil experiencing textural changes when I exfoliate. This has been sooo depressing. this has been the longest journey and i wonder if it will ever end. I have a family of five so its hard for me to eat just fruit but im trying to add more of them to my diet and cutting out dairy. it sucks because if lived alone it would be much easier to follow. Im glad you are doing 80% better that is amazing! I know you have suffered so much. Thanks for taking the time to uplift me!xoxo
Mandy
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by island » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:25 am

Hello blue buzz, I really would like to see your photos, where could I see your pictures? I can't find them.

Erica, yes, it is possible that we talked about PRP, I don't remember exactly when. How many time after your damage you did PRP? Your posts about you feeling ok with your skin now give me some hope.

There's someone who have had improvement with a skin with open pores texture post laser?

I am still worried because I am only 4 weeks post damage, I don't know if I am going to see more damage at the next some months or this is a period of healing. I wake up every day with fear to look in the mirror.
island

PostPosted by afraidafteripl » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:04 am

I feel confused about skin damage :roll:
afraidafteripl

PostPosted by island » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:20 am

What do you mind exactly, afraidafteripl?
island

PostPosted by afraidafteripl » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:27 am

I hear and read so many different things.... i think i need to stop bother and just see what happens. I generally just feel very confused about my damage today.

Healing is complex and individual so not getting answers is hard ya know.
afraidafteripl

PostPosted by meemz » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:53 am

afraidafteripl,

How long has it been since your damage?
meemz

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:57 am

Mandy,

I know its been tough. I am not saying my skin is 80% better. NOWAY!! My emotions are. I don’t know what to tell you except that I had so much prayer, and mental support thorugh this journey. Without all of that, this would not be possible. Do you think your church people can help you?

My skin has been severly dry, so Dr. Heng told me to start using the Regular again, and she said she is coming out with a Hydro Gel and that I should use that on top. I went to whole foods the other day and bought 2 aloe plants and have put them on instead of the Psoria for the last 3 days morning and night to moisturize my skin since Dr. Heng does not allow me to use any oils or lotions or anything like that. I didn’t tell her about the Aloe, but since the Psoria has that I didn’t think she would have an issue. I just open 1 leaf or half of it ( I have a very small plant at the moment) And I put it on over and over again, for as long as I can and my skin just soaks every bit of the water from the plant and It’s really helped me get moisture and I like it a lot. And I plan on getting my humidifier out this weekend and having that on all the time at the house. My face has been unbearably dry.

Mandy, About the fruit, don’t worry about it so much. Stress will only bring down more. I think eating a lot itself helps tremendously. Before, It was so difficult for me to do the furit diet full blast, and I have been doing it partially honestly. 2 meals I have been eating fruit and 1 meal I ate whatever, and even that is helping tremendously. I am sure doing it full blast would be way better, but I am slowly working on it and I feel the cravings are slowly minimizing as my body is getting more and more used to eating fruits and veggies.

I am learning.. in a very hard way, that taking care of our internals are way more important than anything for our skin. Especially because our skin is so damaged very deep into our dermis. I don’t think topical are enough for us. Much Hugs to you Mandy!! Hang in there!! Please don’t let these Theives of laser companies take more than what they already have of our lives. =)
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by Mandy » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:49 pm

Thanks blue, it is hard but im trying to keep my spirits up. Im glad you have so much support and prayer. You must be loved! I have alot of support too but its stil hard. Im glad your in a better place mentally. :)
Mandy
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by meemz » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:09 pm

Blue,

I am so glad that you saw 80% improvements.. You are so full of hope and I really admire your perseverance and patience. I am really losing hope and not sure how am I going to continue in this nightmare and if it will ever end. If only I could go back in time :(:(.. I am really afraid of the future and what it is hiding for me. I am alone in this journey and I am not contacting my friends or anyone. I am only talking to my parents who live far away from me. I have no one but God and I spend hours and hours crying in the closet begging for miracle.

I am sorry for these words or if I am making anyone feel worse, but this forum is the only place that I feel comfortable talking in and honestly it is the only place that I could go to..

I wanted to ask you Blue..why did Dr.Heng told you to start using the Regular one again?
meemz

PostPosted by Mandy » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:56 am

Meemz, Im soo sorry you are feeling so down. I get that way too alot of times. The depression from this is unreal. have you thought about getting on some meds or talking to someone? I have been going to counseling and am thinking about getting on some meds again to help me thru. If you ever want to talk u can private message me your number. Im sorry you are feeling so alone. Hugs
Mandy
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by meemz » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:56 pm

Thank you Mandy I really appreciate your support and offer. I sent you my number and would be really happy to talk to you.

I have a question for the members.. has anyone experienced flaky skin after the damage? My skin is so flaky especially at the sides
meemz

PostPosted by ladybug » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:17 pm

Hi meemz, I had extremely flaky skin for a long time. Psoria actually got rid of this. I know the dryness and flakiness is a nightmare but that is fixable as far as I know.
ladybug

PostPosted by meemz » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:10 am

I really can't believe that only 5 minutes of a laser procedure can cause all these damaging symptoms. I still can't believe what I am going through and I feel that I am dreaming or in another world.

I am trying my best to hang in and never lose hope.. God, Psoria-Gold, and time are my only hopes for now, but I am afraid that things won't improve and this damage would be permanent. The best thing that I can do is to live day by day and not think too much about it.

Hello,

how long did it take for the dryness and flakiness to go?
meemz

PostPosted by ladybug » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:34 am

It got better shortly after using Psoria ultra. I would say a couple weeks. I should add that I was about 8 months out when I started using it.

I know exactly how you feel right now. I don't think I can cope with this anymore. I was doing great when I thought things were getting better but now I see that things are getting much worse for me health-wise and it honestly feels like i'm dying. Nobody can help me and the only thing I can do is wait for it to get worse.
ladybug

PostPosted by meemz » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:39 am

For me it is been only a week and a half since I started using the Psoria-Gold so I think I have to wait a little longer to see the dryness and flakiness go away..

I am not sure if others felt the same at the beginning of using the Psoria-Gold or not, but I know it is too early for me to see improvements from using it.. It's not making things worse and it is not making things better.. I don't know but I feel it's not working or maybe because I just started using it and I have to give it some time??
meemz

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:45 pm

Meemz,

I want to make sure that it’s clear but it’s 80% of emotional improvement not physical haha!!!
I am not sure why, but I think it’s because the ultra has more alcohol? I was getting severly dry so she said to not use any soap and use the regular for now.

I am not sure I should be given any credit for patience, if I have been patient, it’s because my skin can’t handle anything.
I am reading or hearing about people using certain products, or doing procedures, or scrubbing or whatever.. I honestly CANT DO IT!!!
I will tell you how sensitive my skin is rightnow.
I have hard time being in front of a heater because it burns my face so much.
It’s improved remarkable, but not all the way. I went to a self grill place the other day and it did burn my face from the heat.
I can’t scrub, or do anything because my face never returns back. It just can’t heal itself, so I have to baby it always. And it burns and burns all day long. SIGH!!
Can’t remember what it was like to have a NONE burning normal face.

Life has been a drain since this, but I am trying to focus on other things to make it better.
I have definitely come up with a depression from this, and still fighting it….I am not 100% there yet!!
I am definitely more cranky, less able to concentrate.. So many other things, but it’s a battle everyday.
I am so sorry for getting myself in this mess and I am so sorry that me and others have to go through this, but it is what it is and all I can do is try to make the situation better by not letting this evilness take anymore from me.
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by afraidafteripl » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:56 pm

Blue,

I know what you mean with your skin being sensitive. I miss having normal thick skin so badly because i cannot do the things i used to. It is a loss and i am sad. It seriously hurts so bad sometimes thinking of this situation we are all in.

Meemz, what other symptoms are you having? Do you have skin changes on other parts of your body?
afraidafteripl

PostPosted by ladybug » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:41 pm

Meemz, if I remember correctly I think your damage is pretty recent. I would keep using it for at least a month to see something happen. I can't remember exactly how long it took for the dryness to go away but it was not very long and will probably be different for everyone. What I initially saw with psoria was worsening of my skin. I saw more scars and things looked flatter but I guess this was some inflammation going down. Scientifically, I believe in what curcumin can do for the skin so even if you can't see improvements, it must be helping.I've seen it happen to me so that's why I encourage you to keep using it but I cannot speak for everyone. Good luck meemz.
ladybug

PostPosted by meemz » Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:21 pm

Blue,

I really understand about how sensitive your skin is, I am dealing with this too and I hope that by time this will change.

Afraidafterip,

No I don't have skin changes on other parts of my body. What I meant by other symptoms is that the damage affected my whole body. My immune system has been really weak after the damage and in the last couple of months I had weird chills, fevers, severe shaking, and fainting that landed me in the ER a couple of times. I did so many tests, but everything was normal and doctors did not know what was going on. Thank God that period had ended and physically I feel normal. But my skin is still sensitive, inflamed, irritated and the list goes on.

Hello,

I think I just have to continue using Psoria-Gold and I will not expect anything to happen any time soon just not to feel disappointed. I was told by Siana that I should see improvements in 3 months! and Dr. Heng told me in 6 months. I hope that one day I will get my normal face back.
meemz

PostPosted by afraidafteripl » Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:03 pm

Meemz,

I understand. I got very ill too right after my burns too. I was in contact a lot with ER for example i had severe nose bleeding, fever, chills, low blood pressure, felt like fainting whenever i was standing etc...
Getting a trauma to your skin does affect the whole body. I certainly did experience that and i can tell you that during about 3 weeks i was as scared as i have ever been in my life. Also i have never felt so ill in my whole life.

I am glad it got better for you:-) those symptoms are very scary.

As for the psoria gold, just give it time. It takes a while. Basically what pg does from what i know so far is that it removes the damaged cells and replace them with new healthy cells and that takes time.
afraidafteripl

PostPosted by island » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:17 pm

How is possible that the laser affects the inmunologic system?
Thanks,
Last edited by island on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
island

PostPosted by meemz » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:55 pm

afraidafteripl,

I am really sorry that you also had these scary health issues. I hope that you are doing well now and no longer have health issues.

Thanks for your advice about the Psoria-Gold and I will keep using it and see what happens. Are you still using it?

mmp,

I am just like you surprised how can a laser procedure affect the immune system. Maybe it is radiation exposure? maybe the laser caused damage to our skin and the body started to react in a negative way to fight the damage? maybe the laser traveled through the skin to other areas?
I am not sure how might this happen..

I was wondering is your skin still inflamed and red? Are you using the Psoria-Gold?
meemz

PostPosted by ajapel » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:08 am

Radiation wise:

I have researched the radiation issue at length. The type of radiation in the laser and IPL/RF treatments is non-ionizing. This is a different type of radiation essentially than the kind that causes the mutations and such we think of when we think of radiation for cancers and such. They are different types of machines entirely so I think we are safe from radiation in terms of the cancer-like effects we think of.

These treatments will all cause inflammation. It's a natural reaction the body does when it is injured. Inflammation cascade. Too much inflammation is bad, too much damage is bad.

Of course they never tell you when you get these treatments that it is going to cause damage and inflammation. That would scare everyone off. They use words like "skin restructuring, skin remodeling...." The advertising idea is to make these treatments sound harmless and beneficial to your skin and health. There is nothing beneficial about injury and inflammation.

Scientifically, the treatment should not be able to affect your immune system, but if you are upset or stressed (and I think all of use get stressed and upset over this stuff) it can wreck havoc on your immune system and body systems in general.

However, a serious burn affects all your body systems until it is resolved. Google the burn process and you'll be amazed at how it affects the body. The more body percentage affected by a burn, the more serious it is. These however, are assuming the burn has completely compromised your skin in that it can no longer function in terms of protection against evaporation and such so we aren't looking at apples to apples.

Bottom line: It may be unlikely that these treatments in themselves can cause systemic issues - however, I wouldn't rule it out. You have had a burn, a major stress, and potentially - depending upon where you had your treatment - like your neck area - you may have damaged your thyroid with heat. In these ways the treatments can alter your body systems. Radiofrequency is a different animal all together in that it penetrates more deeply and will travel until absorbed by something (and bone doesn't absorb it). All of it is thermal, unwanted damage we didn't ask for.

Ajapel
ajapel

PostPosted by island » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:18 am

Thank you for your answer ajapel. I am regretting this treatment so much. I had vbeam and it was supposed to be for 2 broken capillaries but she did the laser in all my face.
I had oily skin, now my skin is dry and I am worried the heat destroyed my sebaceous glands. The texture of my skin has changed, is leathery, with open large pores and volume loss. I think it is still inflamed. I am not using Psoria Gold yet, I am waiting for the cream. My question is if the dermis is burned, what would be the symptoms? the damage is internal, at the dermis.
Last edited by island on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
island

PostPosted by island » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:32 am

Meemz, yes, my skin is still inflamed, I sent some photos to Siana from Psoria Gold to evaluate. She thinks my skin is still inflamed and maybe I should use the Ultra Formulation. She is going to send me some samples to try because the dr is out now and can't see my photos.
My skin now it's not very red, only in some areas, the worst for me is the new texture.

Which Psoria Gold are you using? The regular formula or the ultra concentration? How long after using Psoria Gold the skin starts to improve?
Last edited by island on Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
island

PostPosted by meemz » Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:13 pm

mmp,

From my experience, I really do not recommend that you use any peeling creams and do not use the Retin-A please!.. I was using the Retin-A before the laser damage and it just inflamed my skin and made it really thin and sensitive and brought too much blood to my face. If your skin is inflamed and on fire from the laser, using the Retin-A and doing peeling procedure would simply aggravate the fire. You will be adding more fire to the already existing inflammation. I know some who rushed into doing peeling procedures and used the Retin-A after their laser damage in an attempt to fix the damage and texture changes, but they ended up having more damage. The damage to your face is like any damage that might appear on other areas of your body. If your hand was injured, I do not think that you will try to heal the injury by applying toxic chemicals and scratching and peeling the injury.

As for the Psoria-Gold, I am using the Face Ultra and it's been only two weeks since I started. I am not sure when we should be seeing improvements, but from the posts of those who used it, it might take months (3 months less or more) to see improvements. I was told by Siana that in 3 months I should see improvements. I do not know why it takes so long for it to work, but I will keep using it because it's not harming my skin and I feel that it is doing something good. But definitely I have to give it some time..

Again, I know it is your choice at the end, but the Retin-A and peeling procedures will only make your skin thinner and cause more inflammation especially the Retin-A will bring so much blood and heat to your skin (I was told this by a dermatologist).
meemz

PostPosted by DCNGA » Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:58 pm

I agree with nothing harsh to your skin MMP at this point. I totally agree with Meemz.

Also, the PG does not work for everyone. It seems to work well for some more than others. But, at this point is the ONLY thing that has helped the most people, although not everyone.
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by island » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:01 pm

Aside Cardar, any of the members have had some improvement at their skins after a laser damage? I am losing hope.
island

PostPosted by meemz » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:19 pm

I am losing hope too mmp, but really there is nothing that we can do except for to take care of our skin by not doing things harsh and by eating healthy to help the body in healing the damage.
meemz

PostPosted by DCNGA » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:36 pm

This damage is a waiting game. I know of no one, including Carder, who did not go through some scary/frightening times. She had as many ups and downs as anyone here before she had her self-proclaimed healing.

WG has a piece in her signature on 'grief'. I think it is one everyone should read and recognize as part of this process. It is a process and a journey. Some make the journey easier than others but that is not said to minimize anyone's journey.

Each person has to find their way, what works for them, what does not and find a place of acceptance at the end. We are always here to offer our individual experiences and what helped each of us but we cannot say anyone else will follow a similar path of healing. We all do heal, eventually, but may not heal in all the ways we all hope we will. I say that to be realistic. There is hope and there can be much healing, but it will likely never be at the pace we want. Just be prepared to make the journey and know it likely will have hills and valleys but you will eventually arrive and be okay, maybe not perfect but okay.
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by Mandy » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:07 am

Perfectly said D, this will be a journey. Not one any of us want to be on. But in the end we will all find our own healing. I think some of us would of found healing sooner but panic sets in and we do things prematurely. i know Im guilty of that. Patience is key and believing you will get there. Baby your skin and let it rebuild itself before you do any retin a's or peels. I wish I would of done that I think I would of been healed by now and saved alot of heartache.
Mandy
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by meemz » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:56 pm

Hey all,

I found this interesting article http://www.nsc.gov.sg/showpage.asp?id=274

It's about CO2 laser and what is expected from this laser. I had a Vbeam laser, but my damage looks just like the picture in Fig.4 except mine is in the middle of the cheeks and all the surrounding area is normal.. PLus my whole face is dry and I have broken blood vessels all over.. I hope that all this will clear at 6 or 12 months and will get my normal skin back.
meemz

PostPosted by island » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:14 pm

Hi meemz,

I hope the same. I usually had oily skin but now I feel my skin very dry, also my lips are completely dry, I am using a labial cream 5 times/day. Maybe I am becoming paranoid but it is possible that the laser destroyed our sebaceous glands permanently? I really hope no but it would be possible?
island

PostPosted by meemz » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:21 pm

I do not think that the oil glands are destroyed for ever and I do believe that the dryness will go away but maybe it will take time.. I also was having issues with my lips it used to burn a lot but this has gone now.

You are still one month out from the laser and I think you should not put too many things on your face..

I hope things will get better soon
meemz

PostPosted by Erica » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:02 pm

mmp, we don't have sebaceous glands in our lips. Best to use only the psoriagold on them for now with a balm over that.
“It always seems impossible until it's done.” Nelson Mandela
Erica

PostPosted by meemz » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:32 am

Every night when I go to bed I start to have burning sensation and my face flare up and turn purple.. Is it ok to use ice packs or I will make things worse?

I know my question sound stupid but I am asking cause i'm trying to be careful with everything i use on my face cause I do not want to make things worse
meemz

PostPosted by afraidafteripl » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:02 am

Meemz,

I dont think using ice is a good idea beacuse the cold may make the inflammatory process in your skin worse. Just like sun also makes it worse.
afraidafteripl

PreviousNext

Return to Support for New Members (PUBLIC)