Fat graft booked with Dr Glasgold

(Public Forum) This forum is for new ('newbie") members to ask questions and receive support. New members can post their story in this area.

Fat graft booked with Dr Glasgold

PostPosted by Ethan0106 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:19 pm

Hi everyone,

Well after doing a lot of reasearch over the last few months, I have finally booked in with Dr Glasgold for my fat graft. He was very nice on the consult over the phone and pointed the exact area's I feel I need fat putting. I have already had some fat grafts done in the UK already but not very well. Every time I visit a UK surgeon they can't see what the problem area's are.

My surgery is booked for the 14th November, so just over a month away. I will be travelling all the way from the UK all by myself and I'm very scared. I've never been to the US before, never mind having surgery there as well. I have to be brave though if I ever want to be happy again.

If anyone from this board lives near Newark (that is the airport I'm flying to), or the area near Dr Glasgolds office and has any advice for me I'd really appreciate it. Or even better if anyone fancy's meeting up and helping me in my travels let me know.

I will have to book a nurse to help me for a few hours when I leave the surgery as they can't let me leave on my own.

I plan on staying at the Candlewood Suites in Somerset, which is one of the places Rosa at Dr's office recomended.

I'm very scared, so I'm looking for others who have had surgery with Dr Glasgold (good or bad comments). Or any advice you can give me for when I arrive.

Wish me luck xxx
Ethan0106

Re: Fat graft booked with Dr Glasgold

PostPosted by Flamengo » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:01 pm

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Flamengo

PostPosted by WG1 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:25 pm

Oh, I wish I could be there for you! But I live halfway across the country and I can't get off work at that time. I hope someone closer can be there for you.
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by DCNGA » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:11 pm

You may want to PM our member, Honeycomb. She used Dr. G and she lives in the area. She can hopefully give you some pointers.

I'm also not close to NJ. I am in GA which is a long way from NJ. I've been to London and my guess the US will be a culture shock by comparison--LOL. But, nonetheless you will be fine. Generally, we are very friendly people and everyone here is a sucker for a British accent!

Good luck and keep us posted.
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by andrea » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:45 pm

I stayed at the candlewood suites three times when i had my fat graft with glasgold. His office is 12 minutes away from there. They are very nice there and it is a nice place to recover. Why did they say you need a nurse afterwards? You can pm me and ask me anything that you want. I am pretty familiar with that area so I can help you navigate the area and maybe give you some advice. Glasgold has a very distinct personality so meeting him in person is so different that dealing with him over the phone or over the computer.
andrea
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:38 pm

Ethan,

You are very brave!!! My prayers for you. Good luck with your fat graft. =)
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by Jen » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:54 pm

Hi Ethan!!

I too had a graft with Dr G.
I live in NJ however I can't get outta work... Not so easy for me... But if you have any questions please PM
Andrea def explained Dr G to a T.. Distinct personality is right!
I wish the best of luck!!! Ttys
Jen

PostPosted by Erica » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:33 pm

Ethan, One member has had pretty good success with a PS in your area, wonder if he's one you've already seen? Our members who've seen Dr. Glasgold are concerned about their retention rate. Seems something may be off with his technique or he may not add enough fat initially. Maybe you're already aware of this but felt you should know.
“It always seems impossible until it's done.” Nelson Mandela
Erica

PostPosted by Ethan0106 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:22 pm

Hi Erica, yes I already went to see Fatah. I've also been in contact with Sam off this board lots, and we've spoken on the phone too. She is very lovely. Unfortunate Fatah couldn't help me and the things he suggested I wasn't really happy with.

I think the UK are very much behind when it comes to plastic surgery.

I'm guessing retention rates are quite low due to the scarring caused by the laser and with hardly any tissue there to begin with there won't be much for it to graft to. I'm guessing it takes quite a few goes to slowly build it up. That's what I'm praying for anyway.

Dr G is the only doctor so far who has pointed out the right areas that need grafting. I don't mind if he's not too caring as long as he's good xxx
Ethan0106

PostPosted by DCNGA » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:40 pm

Ethan, there has been some discussion in the past that retention rate is very 'iffy'. Most doctors claim more than they deliver in that area. Whatever you're told, you can likely cut in half as to what you'll retain. Some have retained very little of their FGs and have even had lumping under the skin months later.

I'm trying to inform you rather than scare you. These are facts for many here and elsewhere when it comes to FGs. You need to be mentally prepared for the emotional roller coaster of FGs. From all I know (after many years of corresponding with those harmed or those who've had FGs for purely aesthetic purposes), it is a very difficult process. If you are not emotionally ready to handle the roller coaster of emotions that go hand in hand with FGs, you may want to wait. They are not for the feint of heart and they don't always turn out the way you envision.
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by Erica » Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:53 pm

Ethan, Wishing you the very best possible outcome. Hope a member in that area is able to help.
“It always seems impossible until it's done.” Nelson Mandela
Erica

PostPosted by Lisa » Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:45 am

Ethan,

Why did you not like Fatah? Just curious that he is one that I am considering together with Glasgold.
Lisa
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Ethan0106 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 3:54 pm

Hi Lisa,

Fatah was a nice guy, but he looked at my photo's and really couldn't see were the fat had gone from. Because the first grafts had been put in the wrong place, I think maybe things were confusing him. He even suggested taking fat out of other area's to balance things out. That's not really what I wanted.

As soon as I sent Glasgold my pictures, he could see exactly the area's that needed doing, he even pointed them out to me before I told him.

I know it's scary going all the way to another country (not sure where you live), but if I ever want to get things back to normal (or as close as I can), I think travelling to the US is the best thing. They have so much more experience with plastic surgery over there and they seem much more advanced in everything. I have been to see serveral of the so called top surgeons in the UK (Waterhouse / Barry Jones and a few others) and none of them could see were the fat needed to go.

I also spoke with Tim Marten's assistant in San Francisco, she said yes he was very experienced in Fat Grafting but not for reconstructive purposes, and she didn't seem that keen on helping me. When I sent my photo's off to Glasgold, he only took about 2 to 3 day's to respond and could see the area's straight away.

Just keeping my fingers crossed now it all goes well.

My flight is booked, my hotel is booked so just waiting now.

I know it might not be perfect first time but I'm willing to have touch up's until I get were I need to be. I'll not give up until I get there. It's not in my nature.

xxx
Ethan0106

PostPosted by Lisa » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:10 pm

Ethan- the best of luck with the trip and the graft. Please keep us updated. I will be thinking of you and wish you lots of fat and healing.
Lisa
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Ethan0106 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:16 pm

Thank you Lisa and everyone else on here.

I will update when I'm back in a month or so. xxx
Ethan0106

PostPosted by hope30 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:31 pm

Hi Ethan, Just wanted to let you know i am thinking of you today! Hoping everything went great with the Fat graft :D XOXO
hope30

PostPosted by electricboom » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:18 pm

Hope it goes well! :) Wishing you a speedy recovery!
electricboom

PostPosted by Litl » Thu May 22, 2014 5:39 am

Hi Ethan. I'm just wondering whether your surgery went successfully as there are no more posts. I am also considering Glasgold and I also live in the UK so will be having an almost identical experience to your self. Any advice you can give me about the procedure, surgeon or travelling to the US would be much appreciated.
Litl

PostPosted by jon91 » Sat May 31, 2014 12:29 pm

fat grafting will heal u 100percent. however its a guaranteed non permanent solution. i know this sounds devestating but its the truth and most likely when it fades off u will be left with even more loss in volume and skin textural damage. we need to look for a permanent solution to break the cycle or we are all being played around by the very people that destroyed our lives. stop giving money to them. try roaccutane. it seems more promising as a permanent and cheap solution
jon91

PostPosted by RW39 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:43 am

I didn't join this site to fight with people. But, having said that, please don't listen to the post above me. Accutane is possibly the worst thing you could do to laser damaged skin. First off, i dont see how it would help regenerate volume in the face, as there are numerous reports that it thins the skin because of its drying effect. Accutane is meant to be taken if your skin is scarring from acne. It is not meant to "boost collagen". They may say that, but then again, they say lasers and IPL "boost collagen." Accutane will only further aggravate your problems.
RW39

PostPosted by RW39 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:45 am

And if one does choose to take Accutane, it should be in very low doses.
RW39

PostPosted by 1Bella » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:15 am

Ethan0106 wrote:Hi Lisa,

Fatah was a nice guy, but he looked at my photo's and really couldn't see were the fat had gone from. Because the first grafts had been put in the wrong place, I think maybe things were confusing him. He even suggested taking fat out of other area's to balance things out. That's not really what I wanted.

As soon as I sent Glasgold my pictures, he could see exactly the area's that needed doing, he even pointed them out to me before I told him.

I know it's scary going all the way to another country (not sure where you live), but if I ever want to get things back to normal (or as close as I can), I think travelling to the US is the best thing. They have so much more experience with plastic surgery over there and they seem much more advanced in everything. I have been to see serveral of the so called top surgeons in the UK (Waterhouse / Barry Jones and a few others) and none of them could see were the fat needed to go.

I also spoke with Tim Marten's assistant in San Francisco, she said yes he was very experienced in Fat Grafting but not for reconstructive purposes, and she didn't seem that keen on helping me. When I sent my photo's off to Glasgold, he only took about 2 to 3 day's to respond and could see the area's straight away.

Just keeping my fingers crossed now it all goes well.

My flight is booked, my hotel is booked so just waiting now.

I know it might not be perfect first time but I'm willing to have touch up's until I get were I need to be. I'll not give up until I get there. It's not in my nature.

xxx

Dr Marten may have long career behind him, but he was cruel to me. Unfortunately that is all I can say due to him abusing me with procedures without consent while I was under anestesia unable to protect myself from his actions. Be safe people!
1Bella

Return to Support for New Members (PUBLIC)