Help and advise after fat loss please

(Public Forum) This forum is for new ('newbie") members to ask questions and receive support. New members can post their story in this area.

Help and advise after fat loss please

PostPosted by Ethan0106 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:55 pm

Hello,

I'm new to this board and looking for advise. 2 years ago I also loss a lot of fat on my face after my proceedure. I am so upset and cry myself to sleep every night. Every morning I wake up and remember and start to panic that I'll never get my face back. Or back to something I can live with.

I live in the UK and have already had some fat grafts over here. They have helped a little but the surgeons over here don't seem to be able to put it were it needs to go. They seem to want to put it high on my cheeks instead of my midface area where the fat loss was the worse. I also loss it under my eyes, temples etc but I can live with that if I have to. I just can't cope with my sunken cheeks.

Before I waste any more money and more fat (as I've not got too much left to suck out) I want to go to someone who is going to fix this once and for all. I've been looking at Dr Coleman, Dr Lam or Dr Glasgold. I know the US is a long way for me to travel but I'll do anything to get my face back.

Please can someone tell me who the best surgeon is who can fix this for me?

I was considering using something called Artefill, a permanent filler, but I want this to me my last option. I want to try and fix it with my own fat if possible.

I hope someone has some ideas for me, I'm lost as to what to do next.
Ethan0106

Re: Help and advise after fat loss please

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:47 pm

DO NOT DO ARTFILL!!!! It's permanent and HELL to remove if it goes wrong. It lumps and there are many issues revolving around it.

I would avoid Dr. L and Dr. C, Dr. G may be an option, also Dr. Marten in San Francisco or Dr. Guyuron in Cleveland, OH. Just some suggestions.

I'm sorry for what you've been through.We have another UK member who's had FGs, maybe she will PM you.
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by Ethan0106 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:00 pm

Thank you for replying. Can you tell me why you would avoid those 2 surgeons or are you not allowed to on these boards?

Have you personally had fat grafts with any of the recomended surgeons you mentioned? Or do you know anyone with sucsesfull grafts? The US is such a big place and it's so confusing as to who will do the best job for me.

I thought of Artefill as it seems people with HIV use it for Lipoatrophy. I'm hoping not to have to use it but if the grafting doesn't work I'm not sure what other choice I will have. I'm so lost you wouldn't believe. :(
Ethan0106

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:08 pm

I have not had FGs. I've been in communication with people who've been harmed by cosmetic medical devices and others who've had FGs for over seven years now. I've communicated with literally 1000's of people over those 7 years. I know of someone in the UK who had Artfill and she's tried for many years to have it removed and has had a long and painful journey.

It's well known that Dr. L is an opportunist of sorts and will not stand behind his FGs. Coleman does 'over-fill' so if you're one of those people who maintain FGs, then you may be left with a very distorted face with too much fat.

Dr. Marten is known to be quite artistic with FGs but he's very expensive. Dr. Guyuron also has a great eye, but he does strip grafting or pearl grafting and it often takes several refills on his FGs to get the desired outcome.

Several here have had FGs with Dr. G in NJ. Perhaps they will chime in with their experiences.
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by Ethan0106 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:39 pm

Thank you for your advise, I'm so glad I've found this forum. Most day's I've felt like my life is over and hearing all the good comments from others is giving me faith that there is hope to fix this.

I have a 1 year old little boy too, and it's so hard trying to be a mum and feeling like you will never enjoy life again.

I just hope what the surgeons say is true about fat grafts being permanent. Once I fix this (which I'm hoping I will), I don't ever want to have to go through this again!
Ethan0106

PostPosted by Erica » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:57 pm

Hi Ethan, I don't have any answers for you regarding plastic surgeons, but wanted to say hi and let you know I'm glad you found us. I, as well as many of us here, know what it's like to be two years out and still struggling for solutions... I was burned by v-beam and have dermal damage to my skin and lips (lips being the worst).
“It always seems impossible until it's done.” Nelson Mandela
Erica

PostPosted by hope30 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:03 pm

Hi Ethan,
I am so sorry you are struggling with this..I know how devastating fat loss is. I too have suffered major fat loss all over my face. I am 3 months out from a fat transfer with dr. g, i am still too early out to really give input to what my final results will be.. i have seen improvements in some areas and not so much in others and i am sure i will need another round (most do). I do like dr.g and feel he is honest and very good at what he does. But also the other FG doc's D has mentioned are very good as well. Another one of our members has been to dr. fatah who i believe is in the UK so that might be an option for you as well.
I am very happy you have found us as this board is a wonderful place for information and support. I will say FG are a long hard road but i believe there is always HOPE and we will all get to a place of healing and peace :) Hugs to you ethan
hope30

PostPosted by Ethan0106 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:08 pm

Hey.

Do you know how I can get the name of the lady in the uk? Then maybe I can message ger for advice?

Also does anyone have any before and after pics of there fat grafts from these us surgeons?
And what kind of price do the decent surgeons in the us charge?
Ethan0106

PostPosted by 1Bella » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:12 am

DCNGA wrote:I have not had FGs. I've been in communication with people who've been harmed by cosmetic medical devices and others who've had FGs for over seven years now. I've communicated with literally 1000's of people over those 7 years. I know of someone in the UK who had Artfill and she's tried for many years to have it removed and has had a long and painful journey.

It's well known that Dr. L is an opportunist of sorts and will not stand behind his FGs. Coleman does 'over-fill' so if you're one of those people who maintain FGs, then you may be left with a very distorted face with too much fat.

Dr. Marten is known to be quite artistic with FGs but he's very expensive. Dr. Guyuron also has a great eye, but he does strip grafting or pearl grafting and it often takes several refills on his FGs to get the desired outcome.

Several here have had FGs with Dr. G in NJ. Perhaps they will chime in with their experiences.

Unfortunately Dr Marten has far too good reputation and prices for what he really is.
I paid over 30 000€ for everything that had to do with my surgery and trip to San Francisco to get help from Timothy J Marten.
But what I got was a huge abuse while I was under anestesia at his facility. I do not want anyone to experience the abuse I went through while I was under anestesia that is why i tell the truth here and other review sites. It is up to the people what they do but at least they have been warned. And I believe when this type of truth is out there the doctor also needs too behave so maybe he wont harm other people for a while.
1Bella

Return to Support for New Members (PUBLIC)