NEW WEBSITE BY MEMBER ON HER RADIO FREQUENCY DAMAGE

(Members Only) For more experienced members or those further along in their damage. Discussions of damage and supporting one another.

DISCLAIMER: This area is geared to those who've come to terms with their damage. What might be discussed in this forum may not apply to your situation. If you are experiencing anxiety from your situation or are not prepared to read what some have experienced, please do not read this section. If you are new, please post in the "New Members" section.

NEW WEBSITE BY MEMBER ON HER RADIO FREQUENCY DAMAGE

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:03 am

Ajapel has created a very informative website detailing her experience and damage caused by a photofacial IPL/RF device. Please read of her experience and view her photos.

Thank you for all of the information and your bravery in posting your entire experience with photos, Ajapel!

http://ipl-radiofrequency-complications-damages.com
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

Re: NEW WEBSITE BY MEMBER ON HER RADIO FREQUENCY DAMAGE

PostPosted by ajapel » Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:46 pm

Updated site in the updates section. Also found a text book that describes that nerve damage can occur from IPL, especially with higher settings.
ajapel

PostPosted by ajapel » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:48 pm

I have changed the title of the website to avoid possible (but unlikely) legal issues of using the title of the place that harmed me in the actual url. The new name is http://ipl-radiofrequency-complications-damages.com

I didn't want it to be too similar to the title of this website but wanted it to reflect the content matter and treatment (IPL and RF). Hopefully a researcher looking for examples or information will happen across it. It is pretty research heavy in general.

There are new updates as to new information and such.
ajapel

PostPosted by seekingrelief » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:38 pm

my damage looks exactly like ajapel's (I also had those chipmunk cheeks before the damage and now have huge hollows under the eyes and in the nasalabial area) - I actually talked to you (ajapel) on realself a few weeks ago. Thanks for making a website to share your experience!
seekingrelief

PostPosted by ajapel » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:46 pm

Terrible we have to go though this. I hope the website was helpful!
ajapel

PostPosted by ajapel » Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:16 am

Well interestingly, the place that damaged my eyes and face has changed names and medical directors. I can only surmise why.

Ajapel
ajapel

PostPosted by DCNGA » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:20 pm

Dang. Put on your website their new DBA and if you can find where the medical director went, put that on there too.

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by ajapel » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:34 am

I suspect the medical director retired. She had already retired from her ophthalmology practice a few years back. How convenient for her.

I did update the website to reflect their change of name. Unreal.
ajapel

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:25 am

Well, the one bit of good news is if she did retire, she cannot harm anyone else.

DCNGA

PostPosted by hopeful19 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:56 pm

Thank you, Ajapel! I had left the forum before seeing this. Amazing website, so much work. So much work. You have guts, I really admire you for all you have accomplished. Thank you again, for being so brave and helping people. I hope that things have improved for you.
"There's almost no risk involved," says Stephen Fanning, CEO of Solta Medical, which owns Fraxel.

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who do evil, but rather those who sit back & let it happen.
-Einstein
hopeful19
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by ajapel » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:41 am

It's been 4 years since my damage. Zero improvement. I was so hopeful that over time things would get better.

Radiofrequency and IPL are still being used and still damaging patients. I pray for the healing of others.
ajapel

Return to General Discussions (Supporting One Another) READ DISCLAIMER BEFORE ENTERING THIS AREA OF FORUM (MEMBERS ONLY)