Topical anti-inflammatory/healing product

This area provides information on name brand products that our members have tried or used in an attempt to treat their damage. Some products have been useful and others have not. "For Profit" website and, product mentions should be kept to this area only. These products include topical skin care, supplements, makeup, sunblock, etc.

Topical anti-inflammatory/healing product

PostPosted by Erica » Fri May 25, 2012 5:44 pm

Here's a new product that may help fight inflammation and help the healing process. I have no idea if it works, just wanted to mention it in case someone was interested in checking it out. http://cvskinlabs.com/safety-ingredient ... e-complex/
“It always seems impossible until it's done.” Nelson Mandela
Erica

Re: Topical anti-inflammatory/healing product

PostPosted by Flamengo » Sun May 27, 2012 3:52 pm

The ingredients on here are crazy good. I'm going to buy it!!!!!!!!!!
Flamengo

PostPosted by Lisa » Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:27 am

Flamengo - have you tried the product?
Lisa
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Flamengo » Tue Jun 05, 2012 3:59 pm

Have not received it. :-) As soon as I have it I will let you know.
Flamengo

PostPosted by Erica » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:15 am

The maker of this product (Brita Aragon of Cinco Vidas) and I are having a discussion on Facebook regarding her article below.. Sharing her response to my comment as well.

http://cincovidas.com/which-cosmetic-pr ... t-avoided/

"I agree that just because a procedure is FDA approved does not mean that no one will ever have a bad experience with it. And yes, there have been reports of problems with laser cosmetic procedures, but there are MAUDE reports of problems with just about any drug or treatment that a person may want to try. We think in today's world that if something is approved by the FDA, it's 100% guaranteed never to hurt us, but this isn't true. Anytime we go through a medical procedure, a surgery, or simply take an aspirin, we are taking a risk of an adverse reaction.

Lasers are used in many, many ways in cosmetics. My point in this post was simply that on the whole, laser treatments for hair removal, brown spots, broken vessels, and rosacea—when done by a company who has had their equipment FDA approved for that specific purpose—have overall been shown to be safe procedures. Of course everyone needs to take their own skin condition into account, talk to their dermatologist, make sure they are good candidates for the procedure, check the credentials of the people doing the procedure, etc—and I'm sure there are some reports of some problems. But I'm answering those readers who have asked me to give my opinion on the basic cosmetic procedures that are typically safe and do not contribute to the toxic load.

Of course, doing nothing at all may be the absolute safest option, but I've talked to people who are extremely concerned about hyperpigmentation, redness, broken blood vessels, etc. For these people, these skin problems are more than just an embarrassment. They're a big deal in their lives, oftentimes ruining their self confidence. Everyone needs to make their own choices, and I welcome differing opinions. In my opinion, however, if you are looking to improve your appearance, I stand by my statements in this post."

What I've decided is people don't care we're hurt. Plain and simple. They think the majority comes out okay so all is fine with laser and ipl. Not so inclined to buy her products now.
Erica

PostPosted by Erica » Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:19 am

My responses are on her Facebook site if you're interested.
Erica

PostPosted by ajapel » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:03 am

I think you are right. People don't care because we represent a minority of people.
ajapel

PostPosted by Lisa » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:01 am

Thank you for doing this Erica. I do not feel like buying the product anymore. But – Flamengo, if you do like it please let me know. I just get so angry when I see how ignorant people are. Even people who should know better. You cant compare IPL with an aspirin. At least people should know what can happen if you do take laser or IPL. Then they can make an informed decision. I would never have done this if I know there was a slightest risk for all this.
Lisa
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by hopeful19 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:42 am

Erica, Are you sure her name is not Brita Arrogant?

This is my dream response back if I had the energy and where-with-all to exchange words with these apathetic blow hards.

Dear Ms. Arrogant,

Your superiority and apathy endears people from across the land to lunge toward your products.

Your assumptions regarding laser damage are incorrect.

You're wrong.

Many have gone to doctors who are qualified and those harmed had done extensive research on these devices and credentials. The information is not out there to find, as people like yourself are ignorant and continue to praise the results without educating yourselves, shooting down anyone that attempts to tell you differently. Doctors who have done the damage are the same ones in magazines, articles, t.v show's and research, regarded as the "experts" who are not being legally forced to expose the actual side affects. For whatever reason people value and trust, their and your advice and knowledge as research and a reliable source for information, go figure. Personally after reading your responses, I find it very hard to put trust in a skin care line developed by someone who makes choices based on their own assumptions and not truth. Your blatant disregard towards those harmed by these machines is noted. The fact that you put more importance on your opinion rather then people who are badly hurt, is incredibly disappointing and might I add, not a bright move for someone in business. All the best to you and great success with your creams and lotions.

ON a side note, no one with damage should support this woman's creams. Her ethical stance really promotes her motivations in formulating products that heal! :D There is nothing earth shattering she is selling in a bottle, it is once again all hype. Do not buy into the hype, as supporting these kind of people is keeping them in business to have THIS kind of "expert" authority and platform to stand on. She does not support us, take your business elsewhere. People like this are part of the problem, not the solution. The one power we have is not contributing the green. She lost over 400 potential customers. Start hitting back where it hurts them. Power in numbers. Green is their blood supply. Funny how opinions can easily change, in the direction of where the money is walking. Thank you Erica, for keeping these people real and giving us the ability to know where we should place our dollars towards healing. Nicely done. xoxo for all of your efforts on behalf of all of us.
"There's almost no risk involved," says Stephen Fanning, CEO of Solta Medical, which owns Fraxel.

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who do evil, but rather those who sit back & let it happen.
-Einstein
hopeful19
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Lisa » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:54 pm

OK so I wrote a post on her website where I basically told her the following:
I am surprised to see that you actually have not done proper research on this topic. If you did, you would have seen that there are research papers that both confirms the side effects I am experiencing and papers that urge more research to be done before using these devices on human skin. They are unpredictable and can cause severe damage. This should have been included in your post so people are informed about the options.

It is very disappointing to read your posts here as I was actually going to buy your products as I was hoping that it could help my complexion. As I see that you had limited knowledge of these devices, which you are even promoting on your website, it makes me unsure whether you actually have done proper research while developing your products. I am not the only one thinking this as your post are being shared on the web among people who are experiencing side effects from IPL and lasers. This would otherwise have been a big potential consumer group for you.

Please also be aware of the impact your post may have on your readers as they may be inspired to have IPL and lasers done and later may experience fat loss, scarring and a destroyed skin.
Lisa
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by ajapel » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:58 pm

Good reply!
ajapel

PostPosted by hopeful19 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 3:42 pm

Love it Love it Love it Lisa, BRAVO!!!!! :D
"There's almost no risk involved," says Stephen Fanning, CEO of Solta Medical, which owns Fraxel.

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who do evil, but rather those who sit back & let it happen.
-Einstein
hopeful19
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Erica » Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:41 am

Perfect, Lisa, You Rock!

Thank you, Hopeful, completely agree!

Seems our responses may have made an impact because she removed this comment today.
From what I know, this woman is a cancer survivor. She touts all these natural products which is contradictory to promoting lasers/ipl. Hopefully, she'll revise her article--that will show if she truly cares... Right now I'm wondering if she only deleted it so not to further alienate us as I'm certain she would LOVE to sell us her products....
Erica

PostPosted by hopeful19 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:37 am

I have to say, that this made me feel really good inside and just wanted to thank you, Erica and Lisa for accomplishing this. We can feel so powerless in this and like we are the ones in a no win situation. I for one do not have the energy to fight anymore, I'm sorry if that seems weak, but it is no longer my strength in this, so I'm glad that you both do. The one thing we can go back to IS we are not alone, but have each other and power in numbers if we stick together. If we have each others back. That this woman took down her article, I think is a really big example of what happens when we stand by the truth and do not allow lies as an acceptable answer. If there is any circumstance where we are going to affect their possible income, ego and success, they WILL care and things WILL shift, it's not because of our circumstance though, sorry but they think differently. This is the reason why they all keep their mouths shut in the first place, money. To be honest, I don't think these people have time to care, unless it can benefit THEM or affect THEM. Anyway, I just really appreciated what you both did and I think your example can give us all hope that we are not powerless and have the ability to set things right when we stick together, stand by the truth and do not support anyone who speaks against us by donating money to their campaign and products.

-Einstein
hopeful19
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Lisa » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:27 pm

This actually made me happy too. It is the first time I do something like this. I have had no energy before. Now as I am pregnant I have more temper and get more easily angry. This women just irritated me. I think the only thing that doctors, producers etc understand is money. If we stand together we are worth something as a consumer group. Hm- I wish we could argue with ethics instead, but not sure if that works. All the best to you all- hopeful and Erica
Lisa
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by honeycomb » Thu Jun 07, 2012 5:31 pm

Thank you Erica, Hopeful and Lisa for making such a positive change. Your voices have been heard :)
honeycomb
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Flamengo » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:31 pm

I returned the cream.
Flamengo

PostPosted by Erica » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:17 am

BREAKTHROUGH! She does truly care! Honey, you're right, our voices were heard - our comments DID make a difference! Please read her post below!

BLOG - http://cincovidas.com/which-cosmetic-pr ... ment-13869

"There are some times in life when you just have to admit—you were caught off guard. This is one of those times.

I take great pride in the amount of research that has gone into the 500+ posts on this blog, into my book, When Cancer Hits, and into my new skin care line, CV Skinlabs. For all of my projects, I have worked with doctors, toxicologists, dermatologists, natural formulations chemists, dieticians, therapists, scientists, advocates, naturopaths, cancer survivors, and more, and have reviewed scores of studies and tons of scientific literature to be sure Cinco Vidas is always bringing you balanced and supported information so you can make the best choices for your health.

For this particular, post, however, entitled “Which Cosmetic Procedures are Safe, and Which are Best Avoided?”, I have to admit that I underinformed my readers. Here’s the thing: I was focused on one of my main goals, which is to help readers reduce the toxic load in their lives. Therefore, my main point was to inform about the potential hazards of Botox and injectables, as both of these can subject you to chemicals that may lead to serious side effects. In addition, there is a chance that these chemicals can get into the bloodstream, potentially creating more health risks.

At the beginning of the post, however, I mentioned a review published in “Dermatologic Clinics” that listed laser treatments—when used to remove hair, brown spots, and broken blood vessels—as generally safe. I used this review as a launching point to go into my main concern, which was Botox. Looking back, I realize now that I neglected to delve into the whole subject of lasers. At the time, I wasn’t focused on laser treatments, but now I realize that by including the review in my post, readers understandably got the idea that I agreed with the review, and was endorsing laser treatments as completely safe.

Well, I was obviously in error, as you can see from the comments above. Several of our readers took the time to write in about their experiences with lasers, and these experiences are not pretty. Unfortunately, these treatments, which are advertised as safe, have caused many people to experience lasting skin damage. Susan Williams, for example, invites us to read reports of people harmed by lasers to be sure they’re informed of the risks, and I thank her for that reference.

My heart goes out to “LaserFace,” who wrote in about how fractional laser resurfacing thinned and disfigured her face, leaving behind scarring, unevenness, inflammation, and more. I also feel horrible for Liesl, who writes about how a fractional laser caused disfiguring fat atrophy through her face that required reconstructive surgery. Fractional laser resurfacing was not listed in the review I mentioned as safe, and is actually a more involved process than using lasers to remove hair or brown spots, but I can understand how readers might infer that if lasers for hair removal are safe, then lasers for skin resurfacing must be too. I definitely would not want to mislead readers into thinking that all laser treatments are 100% safe, only to have them go through such difficult experiences as these ladies have had to go through.

I want to thank everyone who commented and shared their stories. These readers don’t want anyone else to suffer what they have suffered, and are compassionate enough to take their time to write in these warnings. I want you to know that as best I can, I understand the struggles you’ve faced. Though I’ve never gone through disfigurement because of laser treatments, I did go through chemotherapy and had to watch my hair fall out, my eyebrows and eyelashes thin, my skin get dry and flaky, and my body puff up like a marshmallow. I also watched my father go through radiation treatments, surgeries, and multiple chemotherapy treatments, which ravaged his skin, to say the least. So I definitely feel compassion for individuals who are marred by medical treatments that are supposed to help, and my heart goes out to you.

I also want to express my deepest apologies for offending anyone, and for my oversight in addressing laser treatments. Because of the comments I’ve received, I’ve added an amendment to the post alerting people to the potential dangers and to the stories written in by readers. I also plan to work with a dermatologist to do a follow-up post addressing laser treatments, and to delve more deeply into this subject, which is obviously of concern to many people.

Lastly, let me say that I love that Cinco Vidas readers take the time to write in about subjects that are important to them. That’s what I was hoping this blog would be—a forum for exchange between people about important topics. I thank you for being honest and in bringing up this oversight, and please understand that I never meant to make light of anyone’s pain or suffering. My goal in all my work has always been to try to help and protect people, in the hopes that they may escape pain and enjoy happier, healthier lives. I hope that my blog, book, and skin care line serve as testimonies to my genuine desire to do just that.

All my love and light!"
Erica

PostPosted by Lisa » Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:22 am

I am so happy! She sent me an e-mail yesterday where she included this. As I have included lots of personal information (where I had the procedure, my age etc etc) I did ask her to be careful if publishing it so I think it was deleted. BUT the point got throuth. We made it- That's one small step for man, but one large step for mankind. Thank you to everybody who responded.
Lisa
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by honeycomb » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:49 am

This is major. Someone who is a public figure in the skincare world not only believes us but also humbled herself to her viewers to admit she was uninformed. I can't thank you all enough for representing us.

Flamengo, I guess it's time to reorder the cream ;)
honeycomb
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Jen » Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:46 am

Wow this is great news.. Thank you girls for doing this!!! It means so much!! :)
Jen

PostPosted by cveroleyva » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:43 am

Omg! This is huge! Its awesome that you guys posted your experiences here and she responded! Hmmm, this may be stretching it, but should we all purchase a product in support? Also, dr. Krauss is on the medical panel, and this is what turned me off from purchasing anything. I wonder if she would be a doctor she would contact for more information? I'm so skeptical, this lady is for real or is this lady looking for 400 clients? Regardless, ballsy move ladies and this made an impact.
Hope she leaves these posts up and doesn't tke them down. It's great!!!
cveroleyva

PostPosted by ajapel » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:04 pm

Now if we can just get a doctor on board. :)
ajapel

PostPosted by hopeful19 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:49 pm

I think that was a really supportive, amazing and incredibly encouraging letter. My faith is renewed! Thank you to Lisa, laserface, liesel, Erica, and who ever else posted on her blog to make this difference.

-Einstein
hopeful19
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Erica » Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:18 pm

ajapel wrote:Now if we can just get a doctor on board. :)

I want to get Dr. Oz and Dr. Mercola on board. A lofty goal, I know, but a girl can dream... LOL Brita has given me renewed hope. :)

I would love to see Dr. Heng get officially on board and I believe that is possible.

I came across Cinco Vidos on Facebook. Facebook can sometimes be a good vehicle for bringing about awareness to our cause.
Erica

PostPosted by ajapel » Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:07 pm

If you are contacting any docs, they want to see proof objectively. I have pretty good before shots and recent afters so I can send them along with info if need be.
ajapel

PostPosted by electricboom » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:43 pm

Flamengo wrote:Have not received it. :-) As soon as I have it I will let you know.

I just bought a tumeric serum form passport organics. Didn't recieve it yet, but how much is this cream and has it been working out for you? Thank you !
electricboom

Return to Brand Name Product Mentions and Reviews (PUBLIC)