Helping

(Public Forum) This forum is for new ('newbie") members to ask questions and receive support. New members can post their story in this area.

Helping

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:40 am

This is sort of a venting for me. This forum exists for a number of reasons:

1. Offer support for those harmed
2. Search for information re: cosmetic device damage
3. Idea exchange
4. Inform the public and bring about awareness of this problem
5. Everything else

For me, numbers 1 and 2 are the main focus of this forum. Number 4 is difficult and depends on many factors, one of which is I need help and cannot do this alone or only with one or two people helping. If you are here taking advantage of what this forum offers, then you have an OBLIGATION to also help get the word out (number 4). If everyone would participate in these endeavors only 1/3 as much as you do on the forum, it would be a tremendous help to me.

Currently, I Tweet (which I NEVER wanted to do but finally felt it was necessary). I've begun pinning on Pinterest and I post three different ways on Facebook.

I need help from ALL OF YOU, please help me. It takes nothing more than joining each of these websites (register under any name you like, you don't have to register with your public FB or name. In order for any of what I'm doing to take flight and spread to others EVERYONE HERE needs to help spread the word. What I've begun with social media is an easy, no fuss way to help.

Please re-tweet on Twitter, repin on Pinterest, like on FB, FB Page, FB group, like on Pinterest, follow on Twitter, follow on Pinterest. I am only one person and I don't mind doing what I do, but I cannot continue on mostly alone in my campaign to get the word out in social media. This can help make the information go viral. If doing any of this is the only thing you can do, that is fine. That is all I'm really asking in this post: Re-tweet my tweets on Twitter, re-pin, like and follow my pins on Pinterest and like our FB posts on the group and our page. These things alone will help tremendously.

I have tried re-Pin on Pinterest about the great youtube video from WG but you must have picture associated with such things to repin them. I will tweet it today.

Please, help me. This does not take much effort and I'm not asking that any of you create anything, just participate in the social media aspect via Twitter, FB, and Pinterest. I'm about ready to give up, quite frankly. I don't want to have to beg for help but that is what I'm doing. After this, I won't ask anymore. I'll just assume I'm alone. Contrary to how it might appear, given how much of my personal time I devote to all of this, I do have a life fraught with serious problems of numerous types, but I do my best to keep up with this forum and the cause to enlighten the world about cosmetic device damage.

To those of you, such as Erica, who have done these things recently, I truly appreciate your support. Thank you.
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

Re: Helping

PostPosted by afraidafteripl » Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:47 pm

I find this page extremely helpful and i have got great advice and support.
For me this means so much in this devastating journey that i am on. You are doing a fantastic thing with this forum and i truly would like to help out with whatever possible.
I am not quite out on the other side of this trauma but in time when more healing takes place i feel i do need to support others.
afraidafteripl

PostPosted by electricboom » Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:28 pm

Hello,

I have damage from retinol but have burned/inflamed my skin from it, and I liked and became friends with this cause on facebook. (I don't twitter/pinterest but if i start using one I will help and join it as well)I think that everyone here is wonderful for providing help, advice, prayers and awareness to these horrible devices. I know many might think that I don't relate since my damage is from retinol and it's temporary inflammation and can heal but this board has helped me very much and I have even made a support friend that I talk to on an almost daily basis. Thank you and I hope everyone heals and finds peace. Thank you D for creating this board, Much love.
Stacy
electricboom

PostPosted by Erica » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:34 am

DCNGA wrote:It takes nothing more than joining each of these websites (register under any name you like, you don't have to register with your public FB or name. In order for any of what I'm doing to take flight and spread to others EVERYONE HERE needs to help spread the word. What I've begun with social media is an easy, no fuss way to help.

Like D said, it's super easy and doesn't take much time. Feel free to message me if you're new to any of these sites and need help. Also as D mentioned, if you want/need to remain anonymous, no problem, just use a psuedonym. I have several..lol. I have my regular Facebook (where I can go for a break from damage) and my other Facebook (anonymous), which is pretty much devoted to laser/ipl issues. Having two has made it easier for me to help in furthering the cause on these social networking sites. I'm still new to Pininterest, but it's not difficult to use, and it's simple to join thru your Facebook account.

D has given us so much and we CAN make a difference in this cause!

For those of you who post on Realself, you guys rock!
“It always seems impossible until it's done.” Nelson Mandela
Erica

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:15 am

Thanks, Erica.

If you join with a pseudonym on FB, you can use that to join Pinterest. If you create a Twitter account (you can use any name or pen name you want on there as long as you have a valid email account to sign up), you can use that to join Pinterest. If you need an invitation to join Pinterest, just email me and I'm happy to send you an invitation.

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by hope30 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:44 am

Thank you for the tips erica, I do not have any of these accounts but i will be signing up later tonight...incognito..LOL!

D, I am happy to help you after all you have given to me! (this board) Thank You!
hope30

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:07 pm

Thanks, Hope.

DCNGA

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:07 pm

And thank you to Kiki for a retweet.

DCNGA

PostPosted by Kiki » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:50 pm

D, you are not the only one who is frustrated! I know how much effort you put in and yet we are still seeing people getting damaged. I am one of the few people on realself with pictures of my damage and I know it has helped to deter others from getting laser or IPL (I've received many messages from people saying, "was going to do this, but now I'm not). But I know just posting a negative review on realself is not enough. I think one of the biggest problems is the FDA and the doctors covering this up and/or not admitting it. I post on my facebook page whenever I find something I feel will serve to warn others. I tell everyone I run into about what happened to me. Whenever I talk to other women, I bluntly warn them never to have an IPL done on their gorgeous face. I contacted my local TV station and asked if they would want to do an investigative piece. The lady said yes, but of course hasn't written back since my last reply to her. I'll have to write her back. I agree with D, every little bit counts!
Kiki
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by ajapel » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:49 am

I just created a twitter account. Not sure how to use it, but created it. Please let me know how else I can help. You have benefited so many with the creation of this group!

Ajapel
ajapel

PostPosted by Erica » Tue May 01, 2012 4:27 pm

Just came across this quote and thought would be appropriate here.

“Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.” - Burke
“It always seems impossible until it's done.” Nelson Mandela
Erica

PostPosted by hope30 » Wed May 02, 2012 8:22 pm

OK D, this Pininterest has me alittle baffled!LOL i tried to login from my facebook account but it won't let me...i think i need an invite? Can you send it to me to my email address that i used for facebook? i can send it to you if you need it...
hope30

PostPosted by DCNGA » Wed May 02, 2012 8:24 pm

Yes, please PM me your email address and I'll send you a Pinterest invite.

DCNGA

PostPosted by LMS0822 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:24 am

How can I find the YouTube video from WG? Is it okay for a newly damaged member? I'm still very anxious.
LMS0822

PostPosted by DCNGA » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:46 pm

DCNGA

Return to Support for New Members (PUBLIC)