CeeBay's Story

(Public Forum) This forum is for new ('newbie") members to ask questions and receive support. New members can post their story in this area.

CeeBay's Story

PostPosted by CeeBay » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:39 pm

I am on this board because I have had significant fat loss in my lower face because of a liposuction procedure performed to areas on my face/neck without my consent in 2009. I have scarring on my upper lip from IPL done a few years ago & had a single Thermage treatment done approx. 10 years ago(upper cheek/lower eyelids) which caused some fat atrophy to those areas. I am here to get information about fat grafting recommendations, who the best are, so I can hopefully begin to slowly replace what was lost. This may not be an easy process, as the liposuction has likely left areas of sub dermal scarring. I had a facelift/necklift done a year & 1/2 ago. The extra skin on my face & at the sides of my neck was removed, but I obviously need volume back. Skin without a layer of fat below it, doesn't look the best....I have read some of your stories & my heart goes out to you all.
CeeBay

Re: CeeBay's Story

PostPosted by Sam » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:34 pm

CeeBay I am so very sorry to hear that you have endured one disastrous procedure after another that has resulted in facial fat loss and scarring. To have someone liposuction your face without your consent is absolutely horrific and abusive. And naturally you must have been extremely traumatised by it all. I am not sure which country you are in, but in the USA there are a number of Drs that have successfully helped people suffering from fat loss from device damage. There are a few members on this board who have had positive experiences with Dr Mark Glasgold and Dr Michael Law. Dr Tim Marten is also an excellent facial fat grafting surgeon too, and a few people here are in the process of arranging surgery with him too. It might be a good idea to consult a few plastic surgeons and see which one feels right for you. Just a bit of advice, that I wish I had followed prior to being burnt by IPL, is that it is best to avoid at all costs the Drs who advertise extensively and are constantly putting themselves out in the media, because these media lovers are more often than not, substandard at their trade. The Drs who do not put themselves in the media, in general, have no need to constantly advertise themselves to get clients as their clients come mainly through word of mouth.
Sam

PostPosted by CeeBay » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:43 pm

Thanks Sam, I'm Canadian. My biggest fear is being overgrafted & overfilled. I would rather have a second procedure if necessary. I'm considering cheek/chin implants to add some volume also. I've been on Dr Law's & the Glasgold's websites & have heard elsewhere that they are good. Thanks for those recommendations!! If implants would be helpful, I need to do them first. I think the Glasgold's also do implants, they may be a good place to start..Actually, I'm a bit scared...Thanks for your support!!!
CeeBay

PostPosted by Greeneyes777 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:04 pm

Sam wrote:CeeBay I am so very sorry to hear that you have endured one disastrous procedure after another that has resulted in facial fat loss and scarring. To have someone liposuction your face without your consent is absolutely horrific and abusive. And naturally you must have been extremely traumatised by it all. I am not sure which country you are in, but in the USA there are a number of Drs that have successfully helped people suffering from fat loss from device damage. There are a few members on this board who have had positive experiences with Dr Mark Glasgold and Dr Michael Law. Dr Tim Marten is also an excellent facial fat grafting surgeon too, and a few people here are in the process of arranging surgery with him too. It might be a good idea to consult a few plastic surgeons and see which one feels right for you. Just a bit of advice, that I wish I had followed prior to being burnt by IPL, is that it is best to avoid at all costs the Drs who advertise extensively and are constantly putting themselves out in the media, because these media lovers are more often than not, substandard at their trade. The Drs who do not put themselves in the media, in general, have no need to constantly advertise themselves to get clients as their clients come mainly through word of mouth.

Is that the Dr. Timothy J. Marten in San Francisco?
Greeneyes777

PostPosted by honeycomb » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:13 pm

Yes, Greeneyes. Dr. Timothy Marten is in San Fran.
honeycomb
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by DCNGA » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:30 pm

Of the three mentioned, you may do well sticking with Dr. G or Dr. M.
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by CeeBay » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:49 pm

Thanks for the tips. I can use filler, but I need quite a bit. Lasts only 6 mo's, so this will be cost prohibitive in the long term. If I can get reasonable volume in a couple of areas from fat, I'll be much happier. I've arranged consultations for facial implants & would like to make a decision about this in the next few months. Then, I can start with the fat transfers. Thanks!!!
CeeBay

PostPosted by primo » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:53 pm

hey Cee,

I'm in a similar predicament as you. Without my consent, a PS lipo'd an unnatural amount of fat from my face. How are things going? Have you met with Dr Marten?
primo

PostPosted by CeeBay » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:43 pm

Hi primo, no I haven't seen Dr. Maartin. I have been on a few more consultations & the consensus is that I would benefit from a chin implant( likely an extended anatomical) I'm told it is likely the best way to handle the volume loss to the area. I THINK that I'm in agreement. I will still need volume in the top of the chin though. Most of the liposuction damage was removal of fat in my chin, along the jawline & neck. Sorry, I can't be more helpful at the moment. Good God, hope we didn't have the same surgeon. Where is your fat loss?
Last edited by CeeBay on Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CeeBay

PostPosted by CeeBay » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:26 am

Hi primo, I'm disappointed that you haven't posted your story as yet, I thought the board moderator wanted them posted within 30 days (perhaps I've missed it) What happened to me is a rare, unusual event. It might be helpful for you to share at least some of your experience as it may benefit others.
CeeBay

PostPosted by 1Bella » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:45 pm

I wish to tell you that unfortunately Dr Timothy Marten in San Francisco is not a kind of person whom people should seek help from.
He unfortunately is extremely unprofesdional.
He does not listen to the patient needs and does whatever he wants.
He made me an overly tightneck and extremely gaunt look. As if he shrunk my head. He took part of my lovely jawlune off and made it horrible. He destroyed my nose. Sucked fat out from my lips and face. Not only my face was mutilated, but also my body.
I have now sexual dysfunction because of somerhing they did to my nipples, breasts and labia majora.
It is sexual abuse to touch those bodyparts during facelift while patient is under anestesia.
I believe he us a psycho- or sociopath since he lies, hides facts and does not take any responsibility.
Somewhere was said that he faces several lawsuits due to his wrongdoings.
I'm too weak at a moment take him to court. His actions caused me severe depression.
He is a true beast because what he dud to me!
1Bella

Return to Support for New Members (PUBLIC)