scar away improved my lines!

This area provides information on name brand products that our members have tried or used in an attempt to treat their damage. Some products have been useful and others have not. "For Profit" website and, product mentions should be kept to this area only. These products include topical skin care, supplements, makeup, sunblock, etc.

scar away improved my lines!

PostPosted by Mandy » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:58 am

I started using ScarAway two nights ago on my cheecks and underneath my eyes and seen a improvement in the cracked lines that i have had. The best thing about it is I'm not using a moisturiser when I put it on and it is using my own oils to heal the skin. This is how it works.

ScarAway uses patented Silon technology, a specially formulated silicone which mimics the natural barrier of healthy skin. Research suggests that silons acts to hydrate the scar tissue, which in return softens the scar, reducing the development and causing it to fade away.

I use the square one's that have a sticky side which is very gentle on the skin. use no lotions prior to using. Skin must be clean. I wear it at night and sleep with them on. My skin in the morning looks softer. I have raised and indented texture from using products that are too drying for my sensitive skin. It seem to be helping. I will keep u posted on my progress since its only been two days.
Mandy
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Re: scar away improved my lines!

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:35 pm

Oh wow Mandy~ that's really great news. Definitely keep us posted since we are all very eager to know of anything that can help us. =)
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by eme » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:41 pm

Hi Mandy,
that is very promising! Please let us know how it is going in the upcoming weeks. This product seems to make sense for some. I feel like one of my biggest problems is that my skin's lipid barrier was destroyed and now is just extremely dehydrated. If this can help to keep in moisture then I might look into this as well. Stick with it, from what I read on reviews of this product, it can take months to have real noticeable results.

Fingers crossed you show more improvement in time with this!
Eme
eme

PostPosted by Mandy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:22 pm

I think it will work better on my raised texture then my indented lines. I have alot of uneven texture that is raised and indented. I think I might have spoken a little too soon on improvement because my skin returned back to lines after a few hours. I will keep up with it and see if any real improvement will be made. Hopefully it will work!
Mandy
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by andrea » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:27 pm

mandy,

i thought i remember you posting that you had a peel after laser. was it a chemical peel, and if so, do you think it made things worse?
andrea
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Mandy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:35 pm

Hey andrea, I think my skin looked great after the peel until two weeks later and i started using products. I think the peel weakend the skin and made my skin more sensitive to products which ended up really damaging my skin. Now i have creepey texture, lines of pores and scars. Which all came overnight after i used products that i have always used but could not after the peel and lazer :(
Mandy
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by andrea » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:39 pm

do you remember what type of peel you had?
andrea
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Mandy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:42 pm

I had a vi peel
Mandy
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by andrea » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:50 pm

thanks. do you think that mught have had any part in your lines now or do you think it was the products or that it was too soon after your laser? sorry for all the questions. i am just really looking into a chemical peel. i will be a little over a year out when i do it. i am booked for march 28th. right now a 80% glycolic but she says we may do 12% tca or a combo which would be jessners. i know 80% glycolic will not doo much so i was really going toward tca but i am just so scared.
andrea
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Mandy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:47 pm

my skin wasnt completely healed from the laser when i did the peel. My face broke out in horrible acne after the laser. I 20 cystic acne and was freaked out. I also saw lines on my skin that werent there before. I over reacted and did a vi peel at the same place that did the laser. I wish I would of waited. It was only 3 weeks after ther laser. way too soon. But they said it was safe.
Mandy
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Lisa » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:51 am

Mandy -Do you use the serum or the sheets? I see that the sheets are designed for raised scars. Mine are pitted/lines. Thank you for sharing this!
Lisa
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Mandy » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:49 am

I use the sheets from wallgreens. I have pitted and raised.
Mandy
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Lisa » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:58 pm

Do you think the sheets help with the pitted/indented scars as welll?
Lisa
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Mandy » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:16 pm

I thought they did but after the sheet was off for an hour the indents came back. I know my skin is dry so i was thinking it would help put the moisture back in the skin
Mandy
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by empusa » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:00 pm

Damage revealed:

I just started to use silicone sheets under my eyes. I used them to help diminish the lines now that I've lost the volume under my eyes, which I had before the "treatments" (RF and Pixel). A few weeks ago my left eye puffed up a bit, but my right eye has not. When I removed the silicone in the morning, I was horrified. My left eye was smoothed out, although the Pixel holes were more prominent. However, the right eye, which is more damaged and lost more volume, had small craters all over the skin under the eye. I believe this is because the silicone sheet holds water in the skin and puffs it up. I believe this revealed the greater extent of the damage under my right eye. This happened two nights in a row, so there's no mistaking the damage.

I believe the sheet helps to maintain a moist environment to help healing.
empusa

Return to Brand Name Product Mentions and Reviews (PUBLIC)