PsoriaGold Reviews

This area provides information on name brand products that our members have tried or used in an attempt to treat their damage. Some products have been useful and others have not. "For Profit" website and, product mentions should be kept to this area only. These products include topical skin care, supplements, makeup, sunblock, etc.

PsoriaGold Reviews

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:45 pm

This product is a curcumin gel product that several of our members believe it may have helped their inflammation, at least. This is posted so those who may consider purchasing it, will have an idea of whether they feel it may be use to them or not:

If you have purchased PsoriaGold, please leave your review of the product and include:

1. Has it helped?
2. If has not helped or has caused problems, please post your experience.
3. What version are you using?
4. How are you applying and how often are you applyin?
5. Positive changes you have seen since you began using it.
6. How long did it take to help.

If there's anything I've left out, please feel free to add it to your post.

Please note that anyone who purchases Psoria-Gold using this discount code will receive a 10% discount off of their purchase for Psoria-Gold:

LASERSUPPORT10

http://www.psoria-gold.com/PSORIA_GOLD_OUR_PRODUCTS.php
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

Re: PsoriaGold Reviews

PostPosted by Kiki » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:49 pm

It has helped me by reducing the burning sensation in my face. I've had burning in my face for over a year. It's driven me crazy. I've tried many things. I tried waiting for healing to come (never happened). I tried HBOT therapy (which helped a bit but then the burning came back). I tried a zillion different creams. Nothing worked. Then, after using the psoria-gold for a couple of weeks, I started feeling less burning in my face. Now that I've been using it for over a month, the burning is even less. The burning is now more like 20% instead of 100% in terms of pain. I will keep using the product. I use the extra strength. I apply it twice a day, morning and night. I use a pea size amount and spread it all over the face. It has done nothing for the texture, or for the acne, but at least I feel it is doing something by lessening the burning. It may be systematically reducing the inflammation. Either way, I do believe some good is coming from its use. It's expensive, but is the only thing I have found that helps with the burning.
Kiki
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Sam » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:35 am

have seen improvements too since I have been using for the past three months. The hyper pigmentation marks are now practically gone, the extreme dryness and peeling has greatly improved and I have now have a lot more elasticity (as my skin was like a piece of cardboard before using this product). I haven't seen any change in the broken blood vessels yet, but it is promising that this is likely to happen with continued use. The scarring looks only very slightly better than it was, but the scars no longer hurt and itch all the time, which is great news.
Sam

PostPosted by Sam » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:43 am

I am now just over 10 months from my IPL facial burns. I have been using the ultra strength version (2ml) twice a day. The reduction in inflammation was apparent after about the first week, although the other positive benefits such as the reduction in extreme dryness occurred at about 2 months, and only recently (at 3 months) have I noticed that 95% of the hyper pigmentation marks have completely vanished.
Sam

PostPosted by WG1 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:23 pm

I believe it's helped the laser-induced rosacea somewhat. Not dramatically but some improvement. However, I find the alcohol in this product quite drying. I realize that it contains alcohol to better deliver the product into the dermis but there has to be a more gentle delivery substance. I recall DCNGA sharing another curcumin option but I can't recall what it is.
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sun Jan 08, 2012 5:27 pm

From what her research says, the alcholol is specific to the mechanism of action of the curcumin by increasing the absorption and is what makes the product so effective.

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by beck » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:03 am

I am 7 months out from laser damage and have been using the Psoria-Gold for 4 months. For the first few months I noticed a great deal of improvment with the inflammation and redness. This last month there has been some mild improvement in my skin texture. I plan to continue using this product for the long run. I use the ultra on my nose and cheeks 2xs a day where I had the laser treatment. I use the regular strength on the rest of my face. I have very sensitive rosacea skin, but the alcohol in this product has not bothered me at all. The product may seem expensive, but a little goes a long way and it really lasts for a long time.
beck
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:20 pm

It's been 2 years a 1 month after laser burn, and 1 year after laser I was on .1% Retin-A micro to improve acne and scarring. I have had good results with Retin-A, but my skin was too irritated and after about 6 months, I believe it started to cause alot of damage and sun sensitivity and burning in the skin to the point of me having to sleep in the closet ( due to morning light) and also wear a mask while driving.

1. Has it helped? - The burning has been improved significantly, I still have some burning around the eyes, but it's not that bad.
2. If has not helped or has caused problems, please post your experience. - No problems
3. What version are you using? - I was using Extra Strength initially, but switched to regular about 2 weeks ago, after my doctor's appointment with Dr. Heng. She wanted me to be on regular not extra strength.
4. How are you applying and how often are you applyin? - I apply a pea sized amount on the whole face and neck and I apply it 2 ~ 4 times a day. Whenver I take a shower or wash, I apply it again.
5. Positive changes you have seen since you began using it.- Hyperpigmentation has been improved significantly, Pore size improvement without a doubt.
6. How long did it take to help. - Maybe after 3 weeks I noticed changes? I have been on this product for 1month and 1 week. I think I would need another 2 months of trying to really be able to give a good feedback.
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by DCNGA » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:56 am

Sam wrote:Seven and half months later (after damage) I started using the psoria gold ultra strength 2 x per day, and after about a week I noticed the inflammation and extreme stiffness of my skin was a lot better. It has now been 3.5 months since using it, and my skin has improved a lot. The extreme skin sensitivity is gone, and the dryness and elasticity has improved. I still have rectangular patches of redness, but that has improved too. My scars are still there and are turning white now but they are less deep in places, and the raised scarring has flattened a lot too. The nerve pain and twitching is gone and my eyes are nearly back to normal. Some of the deep indented scarring seems to have gone wider but flatter. I'm not sure if this is a good thing? I know my skin will never be the same, but I am grateful that it has improved a lot, and I am hoping that with continued use it will improve more. I do attribute the improvement to the psoria gold. I only wished I had got it at the beginning of the burns. I think Mandy that as your damage from the retin A is recent, it may well have a greater impact in reducing the inflammation and reversing the new scarring. I have also been using silicon gel on top of the psoria gold for the past 2 months and I think this is also helping to flatten and soften the raised scars. I don't want to push a product on you, but I really believe it will improve your skin texture.

DCNGA

PostPosted by Lily37 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:51 am

Have been using it since November of last year (one month past damage.)

1. Has it helped? Yes. Not in an extreme way, but I think it helped reduce inflammation and the sagging look on one side of my nose.
2. If has not helped or has caused problems, please post your experience. I want to add that their customer service is the best. THE BEST I've ever encountered. These people aren't just making a sale. They want to help.
3. What version are you using? The extra strength.
4. How are you applying and how often are you applyin? I'm applying it to my nose and cheeks (where I had the most damage) every night.
5. Positive changes you have seen since you began using it. Less sagging, softer skin.
6. How long did it take to help. I noticed the changes within a few weeks. Less dramatic results after that, but I still firmly believe it is a good product.
Lily37

PostPosted by KVolek » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:56 pm

I have been using psoria gold ultra face for just under 5 weeks. I began using it 6 months after IPL damage. In the past 5 weeks i have noticed that my hyperpigmentation is lightening and that the lines all around my mouth and between my nose and my mouth (are only there when i smile, were not there previous to damage) are fading. Also i had 2 small dents in my chin which have begun to fill in. I fully expect things to improve with continued use. I highly recommend this product. Their customer service is also the best i have ever encountered!
KVolek

PostPosted by Erica » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:42 pm

I've not been able to use it on my most damaged area (upper lip and below my nose) because of the alcohol content (I have a sensitivity to it and smelling it makes me ill). But, I just learned they're working on an alcohol free version. :) Also learned they have a moisturizer made with white curcumin that is designed to be used in conjunction with the Psoriagold.
“It always seems impossible until it's done.” Nelson Mandela
Erica

PostPosted by empusa » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:37 pm

I started using PG 2.5 months ago. This is an interim review, as I'm running an experiment that I expect to take another 3.5 months.

Initially, I used it every 15 minutes for 2 hours, rinsing my face at each application . This knocked down the burning.

I first noticed that the inflammation was reduced in the horrible, cystic pimples that resulted from the damage. Then, they began to heal flatter and without scarring. A small wart that had been spreading below my mouth for months (result of laser) disappeared within a couple of weeks. Consequently, I tried it on the wart on my palm that had been growing for many months ( I believe it was the source of the virus below my mouth), and it disappeared within a few weeks. Note that I scraped the thick skin off my palm first.

A crusty that developed on my jaw after the damage, resolved. My skin texture has improved, and hyperpigmentation is reduced.
Last edited by empusa on Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
empusa

PostPosted by empusa » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:40 pm

Oh, I'm mostly using the PG face ultra, and sometimes I use the classic. I use it religiously twice a day after cleansing with a clean rinsing cleanser (purpose).
empusa

PostPosted by empusa » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:47 pm

Ugh, another oversight. I also noticed that the acne began to diminish, and the pore contents began to empty more freely. My normally oily skin had become somewhat dry after the damage, but it became oily again after using PG for some time.

That said, I also had been on Minocycline, which may have reduced oil production.
empusa

PostPosted by andrea » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:14 am

I have been in contact with Siana over the past year and she has been fairly quick to respond to me. i was wondering if anyone has had contact with her over the past week? I have been trying to contact her and have not gotten a response.
andrea
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Erica » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:10 am

Hey Andrea, ditto. Maybe she's on vacation?
Erica

PostPosted by KVolek » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:31 am

I have also tried to contact her about 2 weeks ago and have not had a response which is very unusual.
KVolek

PostPosted by jpnyc » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:21 pm

I was wondering if they didn't receive my email. I had contacted them about a week ago and never got a reply.
jpnyc

PostPosted by andrea » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:10 pm

I am glad I posted this. i was thinking that it was just me but I Know Siana is very quick about getting back to me. Who could we contact to see what is going on?
andrea
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:52 pm

I was in contact with her a little over a week ago, but nothing since.

DCNGA

PostPosted by jpnyc » Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:49 pm

I received an email from her today. Maybe she was just on vacation?
jpnyc

PostPosted by andrea » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:24 am

ok, so siana emailed me back on the 18th and now i have been waiting for another response. has anyone heard from her in the past few days?
andrea
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by andrea » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:54 pm

does anyone have a phone number for psoria? i cannot get in touch with siana.
andrea
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by DCNGA » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:41 pm

DCNGA

PostPosted by andrea » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:49 pm

Siana called me back personally. i was on the phone with her for about 30 minutes or so. She is wonderful and she truely cares. She has had some personal things to deal with so she is trying to get back into the groove of everything. Since this nightmare started, i have never had anyone care as much as she does.
andrea
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by andrea » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:56 pm

Just wanted to say that i got a sample of the moisturiser and i am in love with it. I am trying to not use it everyday because i want it to last. i hope that they come it with it soon. I have been using cerave for several months and it does not even come close to this moisturiser.
andrea
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by IPLdamage » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:05 am

I am really confused by e psoria now. I have used it for 7 weeks.
After the first 3 i started seeing improvements and my skin was becoming tighter. At week 4/5 i was very excited and the damage seemed to have stopped.
Then it all went downhill again. I think it is helping with the superficial scarring and the burning but not with what goes on underneath.
My cheek skin which was blushing a little bit again a few weeks ago now looks completely dead. And my eyes skin has lost all elasticity.
I almost wondering if the psoria is somehow to blame. Maybe it works for a while and then becomes too much or does not allow the skin to breath?
IPLdamage

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:30 am

I don't think the PG has caused further damage. This product has helped so many (although it does not help everyone) and continues to help others. Curcumin is the only active ingredient. It is well studied for inflammation. It makes little sense that curcumin could cause more damage to ensue.

If you feel it is adding to your problems, though, then I would suggest not using it further. I do know a handful who've tried it had somewhat of a reaction to it with some itching and stinging (due to the alcohol content).

In and of itself, I don't think PG causes further damage but that's just my opinion. This damage is HIGHLY subjective. What helps for one may not for the next person and what is good for one person may be a disaster for the next.

Of all of the thousands and thousands of dollars that people here have spent on various products over the years, this has been the one product that has helped the most people, consistently. That's not to say it will help everyone, it does not. But, we are without much else to offer in the way of a topical treatment, except Biafine which is short term and by prescription only. And for Biafine to help at all, it must be used almost immediately following laser treatments.

DCNGA

PostPosted by jpnyc » Sun May 05, 2013 1:29 pm

I've been using the PG moisturizer for the last three weeks. It is really good. I wanted to wait before posting a review of it but I think three weeks is a good amount of time. It hasn't caused any breakouts (I use my forehead as the indicator since my cheeks are constantly breaking out do the the damage). It feels really nice and not greasy. I apply it before my sunblock (I switched to DeVita). I am not using any other of the PG products though just this one. My flaking has been reduced.
jpnyc

PostPosted by LMS0822 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:50 pm

Hi everyone.
I am newly damaged by a pixel laser. I'm about two months out I just received my PG and have been using it for 2 days but my skin looks worse everyday. I'm beginning to wonder if I should stop. My main issues are acne scarring popping up all over where my skin was clear before the laser, some textural issues dents and pock marks. Also enlarged pores but I feel like that is the least of my problems right now. I'm so depressed and mad that I did this to myself. I keep thinking of my life pre laser. My skin wasn't that bad to begin with. I'm researching everything I can think of and it seemed like psoria gold was the way to go but after reading some reviews it doesn't seem like it did much for ppls textural issues. Any insight would help. Thanks.
LMS0822

PostPosted by Kiki » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:59 pm

Psoria gold has not been known to change skin texture but has been known to reduce inflammation and give relief from burning sensations in the skin.
Kiki
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by LMS0822 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:10 am

But is inflammation a part of the scarring process? I was just talking to Siana and she said it is important to decrease the inflammation to help prevent more scarring. I'm so confused about what kind of treatment I should use. I felt like my skin looked better when I wasn't putting anything on it.
LMS0822

PostPosted by Erica » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:37 pm

I agree with Siana. For some of us, it's important to reducing the inflammation in order to minimize scarring. However, good to note your skin looks better without anything on it. The PsoriaGold may be too drying, are you using the sensitive formula? Also, there are plenty of ways to reduce inflammation without using a topical via diet, medication and even acupuncture.
Erica

PostPosted by Kiki » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:14 pm

All right let me clarify. Psoria did not change/help my texture in anyway but it did reduce the burning sensation in my face.
Kiki
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by ladybug » Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:27 pm

Leonasoun, I think if you are only 2 months out then PG is the way to go. It will definitely lower the inflammation and from what I understand, that will give you less scarring down the road. For those who start using PG a long time after damage, it cannot do so much for the texture as the damage has already developed.
I started using it about 8 or 9 months after my damage, which is kinda late, and I have still seen a lot of improvement but everything is still there to some extent. I would highly recommend using this product as it has helped me a lot.
I agree that it makes my skin looks worse in a way but I think this is just what happens when inflammation is brought down. I don't think it can actually make your skin worse. When I stop using PG for a few days, my skin looks really good but I wouldn't say that PG is making my skin worse. I know it wouldn't look this good if I hadn't been using it for the past year.
ladybug

PostPosted by LMS0822 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:06 pm

Im so confused about everything. I keep holding out hope that this will start to get better but this is such nightmare. Ladybug, why do you think it has helped your skin? Do u wonder if maybe your skin is healing on its own? Maybe that the PG is impeding the process? How long before you notice it is helping? Do we stay inflamed all of the time, even years after the injury? Just questions I have to ask. I'm still not sure if I should continue using it. I'm damned if I do and I'm damned if I don't. Thank you all for your guidance and advice.
LMS0822

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:07 pm

Just as this damage is subjective, so are the treatments. What works for one person may not help at all for the next person. PG is not a miracle treatment for everyone, it helps some a great deal and others very little or not at all. It's difficult for anyone here to definitively tell someone else if continuing the use of any product will help/hurt or another person. Again, it's all subjective.

DCNGA

PostPosted by ladybug » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:48 pm

I agree with everything D just said, so I can only tell you what my experience has been. I only recommend this product because it has helped me but I cannot say for sure if it will help you. Since you are newly damaged (2 months is not long for laser/ipl damage) then I don't think you should expect great improvements for a while. But then again, who the hell knows. The hardest thing to get over at the beginning of this nightmare was that nothing was going to change overnight. Patience is key here.
There are probably other products out there that can help but I didn't use any other than PG so the choice is up to you if you want to experiment or stick with PG.

I think it's very possible that your skin will stay inflamed for years after injury if nothing is done to control it, that's including diet, stress-management, and topical treatment. Your face was essentially burned and generally burns that are strong enough to change your skin require treatment.

I don't think PG in any way made my skin worse. It is drying, but I use the moisturizer on top and now my skin is 85% less dry than in was a year and half ago. Since I keep seeing improvement and feeling less self-conscious about my skin I think this is a sign that PG is only doing me good. Like I said before, I think it highlights the damage that's already there because it does dry out the skin but it's more important to look at the big picture. I have photos from a year and half ago and my skin looks so much better now, and it keeps improving. Things that have improved are: pore size, redness, dryness, fine lines, sensitivity, dents, triangle marks, brown spots, broken capillaries, those weird lines made of tiny holes, orange peel texture, and volume loss. Most of these things are still issues I have now but they are much more subtle and I have hope that they will continue to improve. I don't expect any of these issues to be gone in a few months, try a few years, if they ever completely resolve.
ladybug

PostPosted by LMS0822 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:31 pm

Ladybug,
My heart just sank to my stomach. I am so glad you see improvements but to think that this continues for years is truly a nightmare I can never get away from. Thank you for your help. I appreciate it and good luck with your healing. Hopefully we can all heal or faces and our hearts from this horrible ordeal. To think this started over a 250 dollar treatment. How greedy of someone to ruin my life over 250 dollars. It makes me want to cry.
LMS0822

Next

Return to Brand Name Product Mentions and Reviews (PUBLIC)