Neocutis Bio-gel

This area provides information on name brand products that our members have tried or used in an attempt to treat their damage. Some products have been useful and others have not. "For Profit" website and, product mentions should be kept to this area only. These products include topical skin care, supplements, makeup, sunblock, etc.

Neocutis Bio-gel

PostPosted by beck » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:15 pm

I was at my dermatologist this morning and they had an advertisement for this product. I got home and went to their website and thought this product sounded interesting. The products contain PSP, processed skin cell protiens. This is what is states about PSP: Through years of research, physicians discovered fetal skin has a unique ability to heal wounds without scarring. Inspired by this, medical researchers at the University Hospital of Lausanne, Switzerland created a biotechnology process to extract the rich proteins responsible for scarless wound healing from cultured fetal skin cells. A small biopsy of fetal skin was donated following a one-time medical termination and a dedicated cell bank was established for developing new skin treatments. Originally established for wound healing and burn treatments, today this same cell bank also provides a lasting supply of cells for producing Neocutis’ proprietary skin care ingredient Processed Skin Cell Proteins (PSP®). No additional fetal biopsies will ever be required.

Has anyone ever heard of this product? Their website is Neocutis.com if anyone wants to look at it closer.
beck
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Re: Neocutis Bio-gel

PostPosted by beck » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:27 pm

By the way, the ingredients are: Water (Aqua), Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Carbomer, Peg-8, Caprylyl Glycol, Carrageenan (Chondrus Crispus), Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Processed Skin Proteins (PSP™), Butylparaben, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylparaben, Sodium Polyacrylate, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben.
beck
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Erica » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:33 pm

Whoa, lots of parabens..
“It always seems impossible until it's done.” Nelson Mandela
Erica

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:36 pm

Beck,

I have been using the Neocutis Lumier eye cream because my previous dermatologist recommended for me to use them along with my retin-A etc….. . Personally, in an effort to keep my eyes wrinkle free, I have tried countless amount of eye creams ( Yes! That went down to toilet after stupid laser) and this has been the best eye cream ever and the dermatologist office that I was visiting previously had a lot of dermatologists so it was a HUGE office and they told me between this eye cream and the revision tinted moisturizer were the TOP sellers. I don’t know if you have seen their before and after photos, they look as if they haven’t had any improvement what so ever. The lady had tons of wrinkles before usage of the product, and tons after… So I don’t know why they even have that picture. It just looks more moisturized. But I personally just am not a believer in miracles when it comes to skin now… So….

Oh~ And I have tried their creams also.. Got a sample and used it when my skin was overly dry and irritated. Very soothing……

Having said this, I think it’s a wonderful product. It would moisturize your skin ( But not heavy at all), but I don’t think it would fix any laser damages.
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:40 pm

Erica, Sorry for my ignorance, but is Parabins a good thing or a bad thing?
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by Kiki » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:25 pm

Parabens are preservatives. Apparently, according to purists, they are bad for the skin because they are chemicals.
Kiki
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Erica » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:47 pm

Hey blue, here's a link http://www.thegoodhuman.com/2007/06/21/ ... void-them/
I think it's best to avoid them if possible, but I'm not fanatical about it.
Erica

PostPosted by eme » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:38 pm

interesting I just saw this line also but I have no idea about the products or if it would help.

I am yet again going to see another derm. after the one at UCSF recommended I see someone else who is more experienced with IPL procedures so I can ask about this product at my next appointment (if I decide I want to go through another appointment and get upset yet again)!

eme
eme

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:13 pm

Eme, Please let us know how your other appointment goes. I was looking at my eyes today, and noticed more lines.. AHH!!! Getting really angry.

It’s like this never ending battle. I am talking to this guy rightnow and I am so self conscious I don’t even know how to act around him. It’s so devastating…. But I have self-esteem issues rightnow~ But I have this BROWN face with bumpiness all over and lines everywhere~ Which equates to a MONSTER!!!!
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by eme » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:21 pm

i know about self esteem issues! geez, can't believe how this has affected mine. i used to be comfortable going out without makeup, now i even hate to hang out with my husband without any on.
really try not to focus on your skin when hanging out with other people, most people really don't even notice i am sure. I talked to my ex about this last week, who is a really good friend of mine still and after I told him about what happened he asked what part of my skin i was talking about. he was sitting right next to me and thought that i couldn't be talking about my face. he said it looked fine! granted we were inside (natural daylight is the worst, and bad fluorescent lighting) but it made me feel a little better.
My face has been worse this week, way more little bumps everywhere, it sucks! I am going to just jojoba oil yet again, even though it does nothing for my dryness :(

eme
eme

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:33 pm

Eme,

YES my best friend (Guy friend) also tells me that my skin looks fine, but again like you said in a fluorescent setting, they look fine.. Yea mine too.. But the lines are getting worse and worse so I am not sure how much longer I can pull this up...Because as they get more defined ( WHich they are as I type) they will show up even at a flourescent setting. My skin is too irritated for me to be able to wear make up and I am getting more lines around the eyes which bothers me the most out of everything... Oh never mind.. I have the bumpiness pin pricked holes.. and connect the dot lines that bother me also...... SIGH~ And I try hardest not to laugh because my face can not plump itself back up. So my mother has been nagging about my lack of smiling.. I look very disturbed always.. I am trying to hold my face as relaxed as possible so it doesn't wrinkle any more than it already has.. This is soon after laser.. Don't you LOVE our IDIOT DOCTORS?

But my girl friends all know what I am talking about and seem to see the defect. I remember my best girl friend when she saw me couple of months after laser ( I was in Alabama at the time and her in Georgia so we didnt’ get to see each other often) she was like, OH MY!!! You have aged!! And what is wrong with your face color? and we talked about my laser.. But it was during my HEALING PERIOD so I thought it would return.... but nothing returned.. I was just scared for life. Til this day, I don't think my MEDICAL SPA idiot KNEW My face was damaged.. when I went asking about it.. .He looked very confused, which kind of freaked me out, but I still think he thought it would return as he said it would.... WHY the government allows this? I don't know!!!! So angry everytime I think of the fact that I trusted my face to a guy thinking he was a DERMATOLOGIST!!!!

Yea I am feeling Awfully unattractive these days. I think it’s showing up on the way I act.
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by beck » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:26 pm

Emu, I too don't even like to go without makeup in front of my husband. This annoys me because prelaser I had no problem going to the store, gym, etc. with zero makeup.

Bluebuzz, my dr was the same way. She said give it the "tincture of time" and it will go away. I think it was her way of not having to take responsibility for the damage. For me the skin damage was from burns and is not going to just disappear. I did call the dr that did the laser damage and told her that her "tincture of time" wasn't working. She refunded my money. I would prefer to have my old skin back instead of a refund, unfortunately that is not an option.
beck
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:44 pm

Beck

Atleast your doctor was nice enough to give you a refund. I asked for mine and he said, " I spent too much on your procedure for me to be able to do that. ( Then WHY the hell did he ask me to drive 3 hours? to see what an idiot he was??) " This was after the healing period was over... I called and told him that my face was MESSED UP!!! And I waited YOUR HEALING PERIOD!!! Well, he was like, why don't you drive and i'll look at your face. The MAN had no intension of refunding my money. So he looks at my face and goes, " Yea your face was smoother, I DON"T THINK IT"S DEAD or ANYTHING, I think it'll return if you do retin-A for the REST OF YOUR LIFE and a weekly facial." WEEKLY FACIAL? A facial is like 150 dollars... AND!!! I can't do a facial rightnow because of the irritation..... I didn't even want to talk to him. I walked out... And his reponse was.. I have explained ALL THE complications to you before. WHAT?? Hyperpigmentation was the extent of our discussion.. SInce I NEVER hyperpigmentated.. despite me being an asian. I was not worried about that and figured a good bleaching cream wouold fix it even iif it happend. WELL I have burn scars on my face now.. DID I get explaination on that?

His statements, confusions..... And his recommendations were so STUPID I researched on the net to see if he was a dermatologist. That's when i found out that medical spas can be operated by NON Dermatologists. I was SO PISSED OFF OH MY!!! I contacted the aestetician that introduced me to him and she tells me she has a cold ( FOR THE LAST 3 months) so she can't talk to me. I wanted to cal her up and **BLEEP** BLEEP her out!! As much as I have been ruined from this incident and HER not telling me that he was not a dermatologist..... And her nerve to tell me..... Oh~ You need to blame the maker not the operator... WHAT?? YEa they were both bad, but I was seeking medical help before you introduced me to the idiot!! WHY? did he even recommended the stupid laser when I was doing retin-A and others....... It's all my fault yes... but it was so greedy... I remember getting fraxel and he was complaining about the cost of the fraxel tip the whole time doing the procedure on me. WHY I went back for blu-U? I was desperate!!!

Honestly even if he gave me my refund back, like you said I would rather have my skin back. but atleast I would have known he was some what ethical and I would have just chucked the whole thing as a mishap and used the money to do some reconstruction.. hoping I can get some damages reversed. Now!!! I am bombarding the internet with reviews~ I go on the thing atleast 1 time a week. THE MAN IS SELFISH!!! I will give him what he deserves~ sorry!!!!

Oh, and then he wrote me a certified letter after our appointment......... SCARED I might file a law suit. ( I really didn't have any intention to but should have really) stating, I saw your face on this date, and your face was not damaged but dry from retin-A and that's what's the texture issues are from. Was what he wrote to me. HA!!!

I want to throw up every time I think of this. DISGUSTING!! I should ahve filed a law suite and wrote the newspapers on him. Just to get him. I am so livid!!!! that I even trusted the idiot with my face.
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by Erica » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:01 am

Yep, blue, I feel the same way about the RN who treated me. The whole office there actually because they all played a part in her cover-up. I know exactly how you feel. Reviews are one thing we can do.
Last edited by Erica on Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erica

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:03 am

Don't care!!! His stupid 5000 dollars he tried to NOT give me? HA!!! I shall rip more with reviews~ He should not have messed with me!!
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by Erica » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:09 am

I totally understand and can relate to the anger you feel. We've had something taken away from us that can never be replaced and everytime we look in the mirror, we are reminded of that loss. VERY difficult to overcome.
Erica

Return to Brand Name Product Mentions and Reviews (PUBLIC)