To New Members Who Have NOT Posted Their Story

(Public Forum) This forum is for new ('newbie") members to ask questions and receive support. New members can post their story in this area.

To New Members Who Have NOT Posted Their Story

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:50 am

Please post your story in this section within thirty days of joining or your account will go dormant.

This site was created to offer support but also to bring about awareness so that others are not harmed and for the world to know this damage exists and happens.

Doctors refute. Device makers deny. Research scientist have no interest.

With each person who tells their story, it proves that this damage continues to happen despite all doctors saying they've 'never heard' of our side-effects. Your story helps validate this damage continues to happen and maybe, just maybe, it may save others our fate it may also prove that this is all VERY REAL.

The importance of telling your story here on this forum is of the utmost importance. I know that some are traumatized by what has happened. Tell what you can, even if it is only the device and the maker of the device so it is documented at least on this forum. Be heard. Please don't be silent. Help to protect others and let your voice ring loud and clear that the damage happens every day.
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

Re: To New Members Who Have NOT Posted Their Story

PostPosted by hopeful19 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:54 pm

Just adding support to DC's above post. It is time for change, NOW. Those who continue to harm, need to made accountable in order to stop. Each of us has the power to make a difference by being counted to prove this. Power in numbers.
"There's almost no risk involved," says Stephen Fanning, CEO of Solta Medical, which owns Fraxel.

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who do evil, but rather those who sit back & let it happen.
-Einstein
hopeful19
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Abby » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:20 pm

I have been damaged by IPL about 3 months ago. I had nice skin, no scars, no acne, no wrinkles, no nothing. The esthetician said that I had some redness and that I can maintain my skin with the IPL. I had no idea what that was, but I trusted her because she said that she had done to herself so many times. Afterwards, the inflammation was extreme, had full blown rosacea, my skin got blotchy, darker and orange, my ears felt blocked, and I can see those weird lines that i dont know what they are, my forehead has leathery texture, I have breakouts, and my skin texture has changed a lot..My damage has taken a big toll on me and on my family..
I am in owe at how these things are legal to be used by whoever to whomever...This is so sad, so many victims could have been saved from this harm just by having the appropriate regulations.
Abby

PostPosted by RW39 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:07 am

Abby, welcome to the worst club on planet earth. I'm sorry for everything. It is tough. I had IPL as well, almost 19 months ago. You are early out, so stay positive. The best you can do is baby your skin, and get down any remaining lingering inflammation---through supplements or diet, or products. Don't know if you've tried Psoria Gold but usually the earlier you start it, the better off. There are other things too. But 3 months is not that far out. It will be hard, there will be doctors lying to you, and you will feel depressed---but it can get better, for some at least. My biggest regret is not taking care of that early inflammation. Mainly bc I didnt even know I was damaged. Mine was more gradual than immediate. Sucks but it is what it is. There have been 20 total new members since I started posting here exactly last year. While that number seem small for one year, it means quite a lot. There are probably many more that have been damaged, that can't find the courage to post, or that don't even know about this site. That is 20+ lives altered forever at the expense of these doctors and companies. From what i gather, these laser practices are only getting more popular. Advertised everywhere. It is a true shame.

If you can find a doc who admits to your damage, admits to the faulty devices, and is willing to treat you, keep him/her. It will be quite rare you find one like that. I haven't found anyone.

Good luck, any questions jsut post
RW39

PostPosted by Abby » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:07 pm

Thank you for your welcome RW39, I appreciate it very much..
I am sorry that you/we had to go through this unnecessarily. But this this support group is wonderful, many thanks to its admins.
Could you please tell me about your recovery, what were your main issues and what things have improved since your damage? That would mean a lot to me since no doctors seem to know anything.
I learned about psoria gold from this forum and I have been using it for a week only. Does the leathery texture improve overtime? my face and especially chin area is darker and orange now..do these things improve as well? I have very subtle lines allover my face too..ahh..sigh..
Abby

PostPosted by jmm13 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:38 pm

Hello,

This is my first time posting on any forum. I am 4 1/2 weeks post laser treatment and unfortunately the results are quite terrible. Like so many others on this forum, I had pretty great skin save for some broken capillaries and small red spots from what I was told was early rosacea. I interviewed several doctors about potential treatment. I finally settled on my doctor who was already performing laser hair removal for my chin. When I finally decided to begin treatment for my capillaries, I told her I only wanted to spot treat the capillaries before I went forward with a full photofacial. Well during my first session she told me that she couldn't really help the diffuse redness and smaller capillaries without doing a full facial treatment. She said I would be unhappy because the broken capillaries would just keep coming back. So I trusted her and allowed her to do my whole face. She even hit my forehead without my asking, there was nothing wrong whatsoever with my forehead, when I asked why she was treating that area she said for "prevention". Needless to say I left feeling a bit unsure and already rethinking my decision. The first week post, I was feeling better, my skin seemed to be responding well. By the second week I began to wake up with extreme redness and random flushing episodes. I would try and ice my skin to cool it down. Like many others, I followed her post-laser skin care instructions to a T. By the third week I noticed large and little holes all over my face, and noticed that my skin had begun to take on a thickened leathery appearance. I contacted her office and was only able to voice my concerns to her staff as she would not take my call. The staff member called back and said that the Dr. said the laser would not cause the issues I was describing and that if I was noticing large pores, microdermabrasion could help with that. Well, I was still at a loss, but had another appointment with her to finish may last round of hair removal that week. During that appointment I asked her about my face and of course she said she did not see anything, and that I shoudn't have such high expectations with one laser treatment because I was trying to erase 40 years worth of living. She then began to discuss the benefits of microdermabrasion and even suggested I try ultherapy! Apparently that is the latest device she now has. I asked her if there were any topical creams I could use to assist with better healing and she gave me no suggestions, then pushed me off on her staff to try and sell me on microdermabrasion.

Well, I tried to be proactive and go see other doctors. I have had several different responses from we don't see what is wrong, we have nothing to compare you to, you just have inflammation...etc. Ive been sent home with different creams and topical steroids. The bottom line is my skin has been damaged and the tiny little holes appear to have a scar-like texture. I look like I've spent 20 years in the sun with no protection and have aged substantially in a matter of weeks. I am truly devastated and scared. This has caused an enormous amount of stress and worry for me. My husband is trying to be supportive but I catch him looking at my face from time to time with sadness. I can't believe I did this to myself. I found this site in hopes of getting some support and suggestions. Thanks.
jmm13

PostPosted by Abby » Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:45 pm

Hi jmm13, I am very sorry for your pain. This is so wrong and immoral on the part of the doctors not to mention utterly stupid in principle to go and burn otherwise healthy skin. I had severe swelling and flushing like you for the first 3 months (I'm now 7 1/2 months out). The bruising and swelling was so bad that my ears were ringing and felt like they were blocked. But after the three months this healed. I used psoria gold and I believe that it helped with the inflammation. The hyperpigmentation is also improving slowly. I have a lot of pinprick scarring and big pores that I know in my heart is permanent. I also have sensitivity and dealing with acne, but I hope that this will improve with time.
So hopefully the flushing can heal for you too. I would advise you to not slather your skin with all kinds of oils and products, yogurt, honey, etc. Some have strong acidity or can irritate the skin further.

What is the device that harmed you?
I wish you and all of us physical as well as psychological healing from this trauma.
Abby

PostPosted by jvillalta » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:20 pm

Hi everyone I am new to this forum as well. I am about 5 weeks post IPL treatment. I debated having the treatment for quite a while for sun spots appearing on my upper cheeks. Then one day I finally decided to book an appt at a med spa of all places. Well this lady literally burned me. I had streaks all over my face that soon after scabbed and eventually peeled. I went to a burn center the next day and they said some of them looked like 2nd degree burns. Once they peeled all the streaks were white or red. The streaks on my forehead stayed white which I believe are now Hypopigmentation. The rest have gone back to my natural color or hyper pigmented. I am also starting to see the orange peel texture and under certain lighting some of the streaks have a waxy burn look. I had to cut my bangs to hide my forehead which I hate. For the rest of my face, all I can do is wear makeup. I feel like I ruined my life at 29. From what I've read on here, I can no longer enjoy the sun and may or may not get better which scares me. Is there even any joy in getting better? I'll never look like I did before. I have gone to 2 dermatologists that say all I can do is blend my face with Hydroquinone products which I do not want to do. I have been using natural remedies to help with the pigmentation which after a week I can tell are already breaking up some of the streaks revealing normal color skin. I'm also doing a turmeric masks almost nightly to help with inflammation. However I don't think I can ever get over the fact that this has happened to me. I have a bf that has been great but I feel like "why would he want a future with someone that is damaged". :(
jvillalta

PostPosted by AnxiousL » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:07 pm

Hi Everyone,
I am living a nightmare with no escape. My treatment was Aug 14th. The doctor did not use eye shields even though I had asked. I went in for fillers and he recommended IPL complimentary for my mild rosacea that I wasn't even bothered about at the time. He was almost insistent, said it was annoying and he could take care of it. He burnt me raw, I swelled the next day and by the end of the 2 weeks the swelling had gone down and I was grateful there was no stabbing from the burn. 18 days later I woke up to tightness in my cheeks and under my eyes. I also swelled again in my cheek area where the treatment was performed. As the day went on my right eye began feeling tight and weird when I blinked. That was two weeks ago. The tightness in my cheeks is slowly going away but the swelling remains. I have lost so much weight from stressing over this that even my tightest pants are loose. My eyes continue to burn as well. I feel so alone, desperate to feel better. I keep replaying the day over and over in my mind. I literally tremble thinking about it. I feel so sad for my children as they have lost their old mother. My parents don't understand. My mom told me to press delete on the whole situation. She said I'm still physically well and this should not be impacting my life this much. Please help, this is so unbearable at times.
AnxiousL

PostPosted by Lorraine » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:41 am

I had Fraxel Dual 1927 in May 2015 (8 months ago).

My Skin was fair and sensitive. There was no consultation. I signed the forms and told the operator I just wanted to look fresher and to use the lightest settings. At first things appeared normal, I was very careful. Then I became extremely sensitive to the sun and products. At 6 weeks I developed a rash which I eventually after 2 months found out it was seborrheic Dermatitis. I had started seeing a Natropath and it eventually cleared. It was then that I noticed the sagging on the sides of my mouth. The whole area around my mouth is very sore. A Strong sensation particually at the sides. For several months I had a strong pulling sensation above the lip and one morning woke to see the distance between my nose and upper lip had widened. The sagging at sides of mouth is very servere. I have hyper pigmentation, the texture is thick, very oily skin, large pores and two deep lines on each side of my mouth. My face appears thinner. An ultrasound of my mouth area showed skin thickening. The face was 1.2 ml and mouth area 1.8ml.

The shock of this happening is enmorous and the hurt unbelieveable. The Clinic in Adelaide, Australia do not know anything and have no knowledge of any side effects. Over the last 4 months I've see many GPs, a hopeless Dermatoligist, the Dentist and an Osteopath. I've also had load of blood tests.

I'm not interested in any medical procedures to fix my problems. At the moment I am desperately trying to find out what is happening to me and if there is anything that can be done. I am off work and not sure when I will be able to get back. Needless to say this is the worst thing I have ever done.

If anyone has any information please let me know. The Medical Board of Australia has accepted my complaint and are investigating the Doctor who runs the Clinic which is very good. In Australia there is no Body that's regulates or oversees these Medical procedures.

Kind regards Lorraine
Lorraine

PostPosted by Williano08 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:51 am

Hi everyone,

I was damaged by Retin A about 3 months ago now when I quite stupidly decided to use it under my eyes and cheeks for its supposedly anti-aging benefits (I'm 22 and read articles that said you should use the stuff in your 20s to prevent wrinkles).I had been prescribed the cream for milia under my eyes a couple of years back but stopped using it after a week when it irritated my skin. I assumed it would be ok to use the same prescription for wrinkles :(

I used it everyday for about 2.5 weeks and stopped when I noticed enlarged pores on one cheek and a massive painful cyst and dents on the other cheek. I assumed that my skin would go back to normal but after about another 2 weeks of no change, I became very alarmed and began reading up about Retin A damage. I had fine lines, dents, leathery skin, a burning sensation on my right cheek, enlarged pores, lines connecting those pores, enflamed cheeks and a few cysts. All of this damage is localised to my cheeks near my nose. I didn't use the Retin A further than the middle of both my cheeks and consequently, my forehead, cheekbones and chin remain "poreless" and perfect. I had some success initially with emu oil and coconut oil for 2.5 months - my indents have filled out and the burning sensation has stopped. The leathery texture of my right cheek has also smoothed over (I attribute this to evening primrose oil supplements).

However, I still have issues with inflammation, enlarged pores (especially on my left cheek) and shiny/waxy/leathery looking cheeks (even if both cheeks feel smooth to touch). I've been taking fish oil, ACV, hyaluronic acid, collagen peptides, collagen tablets, evening primrose oil, vitamin D and a multivitamin and I've cut all dairy, alcohol and sugar. I'll be taking curcumin supplements and an enzyme soon too. My doctor diagnosed me with dermatitis and prescribed me a hydrocortisone cream 1% last week. I was scared to use it but it dramatically improved the look of my skin. Obviously I don't want to cause steroid dependency or thin my skin so I stopped it after a week as instructed. My skin went back to being enflamed with enlarged pores shortly afterwards but the minor improvement gives me hope that once I treat the inflammation, my skin will fully heal in time.

I've been in touch with Siana from Psoria Gold and she recommends PG as a great natural alternative to steroid creams so I think I'll order that (hopefully 3 months out from damage isn't too late). I've also started using the Ordinary's Niacinamide + Zinc as a topical anti-inflammatory/pore minimiser but I'm not sure its done anything yet (albeit its only been 4 days). I think someone on essentialdayspa said mixing a niacinamide product with the PG was really helpful and she started her healing a few months post damage, so I'll give that a shot I think. I'm seeing a dermatologist in a month so I'll also see what she recommends.

One of the worst things about all of this is the depression and anxiety so I'm probably not going to look at the board or post very often unless I make significant progress. Basically everyone who has suffered from the same damage as me sees healing after the 9 month mark at a minimum so I guess I need to be patient but its so much harder not knowing if its going to get better. If I had a definitive date I'd see improvement, I'd be ok but its impossible to tell until you are actually healed. Sorry for this massive vent (I haven't really talked about my skin issues much because discussing it annoyed my family/boyfriend). Good luck to everyone x
Williano08

Return to Support for New Members (PUBLIC)