clindamycin hcl hydrocortisone

This area provides information on name brand products that our members have tried or used in an attempt to treat their damage. Some products have been useful and others have not. "For Profit" website and, product mentions should be kept to this area only. These products include topical skin care, supplements, makeup, sunblock, etc.

clindamycin hcl hydrocortisone

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:56 am

Hello ~
Please use your own judgment when I post about stuff that I am using because I do have a tendancy to be very positive about EVERYTHING and also our damages are very different. My laser mishap was about 2 years ago, and I was on Retin-A for 11 months prior and I do have a lot of irritation from Retin-A currently from overdosage so this might be why the doctor put me on this, but I did try it last night and it did get rid of my consistent burning so I wanted to share this. I am not sure if this should be used for anyone that just had laser done recently. I doubt it personally, but again a doctor will have to let you know.
Dr. B gave me this last week and said to start using them on Friday. (clindamycin hcl hydrocortisone) From what I know, its an acne medicine so I hesitated greatly in using them. I happened to have had to talk to the nurse yesterday to adjust my appointment and I told her about the burning around the eyes and she said, “Have you been using the cream?” I said, “Around the eyes too?” She said, yea try that.. So I did try it last night and the burning is gone.
I am still kind of hesitant and also slightly scared to use this because I have been trying to do a research on this medication and have not found anything about it as of yet. So, I am not sure what this is except that clindamycin is an acne medication because I have been put on this before.
I have also been using the Psoria Gold since Saturday, but prior to me using this cream my burning was still persistent. ( I started using this cream yesterday) My sun sensitivity has improved slightly since I have stopped using Retin-A, but I still have a lot of sun sensitivity. I am not sure if I will ever get better from this completely, but I am hoping it will improve consistently since it’s the winter and I will like to be able to enjoy the park from time to time during summer or winter in the day time.
I plan on just sticking with a doctor that is really good and just keep doing everything I can to keep my skin from getting any worse. I’ll keep sharing if I get any benefit from any medications, but please use your own judgment and also your doctor’s advice.
bluebuzz81

Re: clindamycin hcl hydrocortisone

PostPosted by cveroleyva » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:17 pm

Hey Blue,
Im on it too. I use it very sparingly twice a day. It's to help flatten out the horny cells and it helps the porse look a little more even, and of course to control acne. He looks at everything with a keen eye, so although I don't have active acne, I do have conjested skin, so if I squeeze, icky sebum comes out of my pores....disgusting. So, this helps clean them out and control that. Although my skin is bumpy from scars, and I cant see a difference in texture itself, it's smooth as silk and I haven't had that in a long time.
cveroleyva

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:15 pm

Hey C,

I was so shocked when he said I had ACNE. I was like WHAT? But I don’t!!! And he was like.. You have open pores everywhere. The dude is very picky…. And he was like.. we have to close them first. I told my mom about it and she was like.. I really like him and so happy you are going to a dermatologist that is very picky. Well, I am still very scared of the peels and also kind of scared of this cream. I do have a lot of bumpiness from the STUPID laser and it has improved A LOT since retin-A, but I still have a lot. My skin is definitely gotten softer and also less irritated. The NURSE Is such a sweet lady LOVE HER! Was thinking about getting her some chocolates for Christmas or something. C, you seem to be very happy and just okay handling the damages well. I am so happy that you are doing well with your treatments. Another questions, So how long have you been on the cream and what kind of positive things are you seeing? Except for the fact that your skin is getting softer? Mine is definetly softer too.. and I noticed he gave me 1000 refills… haha~ Or more like 998 refills.

I think perhaps I didn’t discuss my issues as clearly as I should have because I was slightly afraid he might get turned off by me complaining about lasers and such, but when I go back this time I am going to tell him all the changes and the drama I had with my lovely old MEDICAL SPA. I was reading stuff on his website and he didn’t seem to like them anways. SIGH~
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:18 pm

C,

What are you talking about when you say the horny cells? are you talking about the bumpiness all over the face? I have those from laser.
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by DCNGA » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:08 pm

The skin (cutis) is composed of two layers, the epidermis and the dermis (corium). The outermost layer of the skin is the horny layer or stratum corneum. It is composed of approximately twenty layers of brick-like, densely packed horny cells which are interlocked with their neighboring cells. They are formed by dead cells which are transformed into keratin (protein). These cells do not contain any cell organelles.

The horny layer has the function to protect the living skin layers through these numerous layers of flat, dead (horny) cells, which flake away at the skin's surface. This process of sloughing off cells on the skin's surface is called desquamation.

The horny cells, which, in this layer, have a length of approximately 30 µm and a thickness of 0.5 µm are baked together with the horny substances (keratin) to form plates. These are finally sloughed off as horny flakes. During the migration to the skin's surface the cells change their appearance. This process is also called differentiation. In our illustration, this process of differentiation is shown in various phases (see 1-4).

The epidermis consists of four cell layers. The cells of the epidermis migrate through these layers within a life-time of about four weeks. The cells are built by cell division in the lowest layer of the subcutis, the basal layer (1). The cells change their appearance while they migrate to the skin's surface. They flatten as they rise through the layers (2). In the stratum spinosum or prickle-cell layer above the basal layer, large cells with "prickle-like" extensions are found. In the stratum granulosum (or granular layer), which is located above the prickle-cell layer, the cells become smaller (3), finally turn into dead cells and are shed (4).

"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by cveroleyva » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:28 pm

Exactly what D says here.
as skin builds up with dead stuff on top, these build up too and make the pores look larger because they are raised. By using the topical and sloughing them off daily, it helps skin stay a bit more smoother and lessen the look of pores overall, but the pores themselves have not shrunk-they stay the same size. but the medication helps clean them out and keep the surrounding skin a little more even. The peels haven't done anything and aren't supposed to do anything for my texture overall, meaning the last 4 jessners. They are to lighten my pigment/melasma post laser and it has worked wonders for me. It's about a 90 percent improvement. Texture and scars are exactly the same, and if they have improved I haven't noticed. I have to add though that I take baby steps, so that's why yesterday I finally asked about scars, and he tested the tca on me. Next month, once he looks at my scars and decides if tca is appropriate, I am going to ask for my raised scarring, we only addressed my pin prick/dent scarring that I have scattered all over my face.
He definetely leaves it up to the patient to decide to share what ails them about their skin. If you didn't mention it, he won't address it. I would mention the lasers, how many times you've had it and the types. You don't have to attach emotion to it, it really is exactly what you used to treat your skin. Also, because you talk to the nurses, it may not be information that is relayed to Dr. B. They're just going to assume youre going to address it with him yourself. If you're concerned for scarring, like the lumps, ask him. There's nothing to be shy about, and you don't have to really relive the drama with him, he just needs the information so he knows what type of skin he's dealing with. It's going to be okay, just try to figure out which route you want to take and stick to it.
cveroleyva

PostPosted by cveroleyva » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:33 pm

Oh Blue, I'm not talking about the bumpiness. The bumpiness for me is overall scarring, the medication we're on helps out more on a microscopic level, not with the scarring.
cveroleyva

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:40 pm

LOL~ Thanks for that detail info there D...

C, Yea I am definetly going to in detail let him know of all the changes that happened after the laser in my next visit. I did mention to him about the bumpiness and he just said, " Yea I don't like that, we need to address them also." BUt just moved on to shrinking my pores more.

Well, I guess I am definetly less stressed out since I saw him because it seemed like he would take care of it and believe the fact that the issues were laser related. Hopefully I'll get some good results. SIGH~
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by Depressed » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:32 am

Hi CV

Glad the hyperpigmentation has cleared so well - pity you didnt find this Dr pre laser...

Cd you post an update after the TCA peel? I am desperate for anythign to help the depressed micro scarring so if your Dr thinks thta is the best type of peel for such scarring (and it works for you) then might be the way to go....

And glad you seem to showing improvements and have found a good derm.
Depressed
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Return to Brand Name Product Mentions and Reviews (PUBLIC)