First Aid Beauty - Ultra Repair Cream

This area provides information on name brand products that our members have tried or used in an attempt to treat their damage. Some products have been useful and others have not. "For Profit" website and, product mentions should be kept to this area only. These products include topical skin care, supplements, makeup, sunblock, etc.

First Aid Beauty - Ultra Repair Cream

PostPosted by honeycomb » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:43 pm

Just wondering if anyone has heard of this product. I saw it on the Sephora website while looking for a super hydrating moisturizer. Recently my skin has been appearing more crepey and dehydrated looking and I thought maybe this could help. It has some really good reviews. Below is the description from Sephora:

Ultra Repair Cream
What it is:
An over-the-counter, super-emollient cream with a spectacular whipped, non-greasy texture.

What it does:
This Ultra Repair Cream is a thick, rich, emollient product that hydrates deep down with exceptional penetration. This cream is for anyone with severely dry, scaly skin due to harsh winter weather, aggressive cosmetic treatments, or any of the following conditions: atopic dermatitis, irritant eczema, allergic eczema, and keratosis pilaris. With the help of colloidal oatmeal, shea butter, soothing eucalyptus oil, and ceramides, Ultra Repair Cream provides immediate relief and visible improvement for distressed skin. The FAB Antioxidant Booster defends skin from free radical damage and the cream deeply hydrates with exceptional penetration, providing immediate relief and visible improvement. The cream is immediately absorbed into the skin and can be used all over the body and on the face.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

What else you need to know:
Safe for even the most sensitive skin. Petroleum-free. It contains Colloidal Oatmeal, the only FDA-approved, OTC ingredient for eczema. It's allergy-tested, dermatologist-recommended, and contains FAB Antioxidant Booster to combat free radicals.

Research results:
- An immediate improvement in skin hydration of 169%.
- After 2 weeks, improvement in skin hydration of 38%.
- 79% preferred Ultra Repair Cream over other products.
- 98% noted instant relief from dry skin.
- 100% reported a lasting improvement in skin dryness.
honeycomb
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Re: First Aid Beauty - Ultra Repair Cream

PostPosted by DCNGA » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:07 pm

Post the ingredients if you can.
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by honeycomb » Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:49 pm

Ingredients would be helpful, sorry about that.

Colloidal Oatmeal 0.50%,Water, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride,Glyceryl Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Squalane, Allantoin, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Extract, Camellia Sinensis (White Tea) Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Eucalyptus Globulus, Ceramide 3.
honeycomb
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by DCNGA » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:15 pm

Has okay stuff in it. I guess if it is not terribly expensive it would fine but if more than $15, then there's likely nothing in it that is earth shattering enough to spend a lot of $ for. Colloidal oatmeal is the #1 ingredient and that's good, but not very expensive. Second ingredient is water. The other actives are at the bottom of the list so likely not a lot of them (quantity) in it but enough to mention so they can say it's in there.

The main reason I passed on the info on the Psoria-Gold is she had some scientific info to back up what she was saying. Even though it is expensive, I hoped it would be worth the $ (even though it's still higher than it should be, IMO).

A lot of these creams and stuff are just marketing hype.

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:06 pm

After laser damage I have not been able to tolerate any creams. It just doesn't even soak into my skin. I don't understand it. nothing seems to work.

But I am currently using CeraVe AM as my Sunscreen and put Intellishade 45spf for my makeup in the morning

and I use CeraVe PM at night. It's been the least irritating and seems to help with calming of my skin some.

And I also currently use retin-A
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by DCNGA » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:25 pm

Hi, Blue. I've read your story. So sorry you've been through so much. But, you've been brave and perservered.

Could I ask what dermatologist you are seeing in Atlanta?

DCNGA

PostPosted by beck » Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:43 pm

I suffered horrible dryness post laser. I have found the best thing for me is rose hip oil and emu oil. They really penetrate the skin and they aren't full of chemicals, preservatives, etc. I think there are a few members out there that use these oils, especially the rose hip oil. They are a bit greasy for day time use, so I apply them and let them soak in, then blot off the residue and apply makeup. I just recently ordered the ELS serum from skinactives. I just got it today, so I can't give you an opinion on it as of yet.
beck
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Return to Brand Name Product Mentions and Reviews (PUBLIC)