EpiCeram Skin Barrier Emulsion

This area provides information on name brand products that our members have tried or used in an attempt to treat their damage. Some products have been useful and others have not. "For Profit" website and, product mentions should be kept to this area only. These products include topical skin care, supplements, makeup, sunblock, etc.

EpiCeram Skin Barrier Emulsion

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:36 pm

Has anyone tried it? Is this the one Prague tried? I think it is prescritption only, which is odd since it has nothing earth shattering in it or anything that looks like an ingredient not readily available OTC. I need to ask Dr. B next time I go or maybe CV can ask him.

EpiCeram® Skin Barrier Emulsion

EpiCeram Skin Barrier Emulsion is to be used to treat dry skin conditions and to manage and relieve the burning and itching associated with various types of dermatoses, including atopic dermatitis, irritant contact dermatitis, and radiation dermatitis. EpiCeram Skin Barrier Emulsion helps to relieve dry, waxy skin by maintaining a moist wound and skin environment, which is beneficial to the healing process.

Ingredients
Capric Acid, Cholesterol, Citric Acid, Conjugated Linoleic Acid, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, E. Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Food Starch Modified Corn Syrup Solids, Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydroxypropyl Bispalmitamide MEA (Ceramide), Palmitic Acid, PEG-100 Stearate, Petrolatum, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Hydroxide, Purified Water, Sorbic Acid, Squalane, Xanthan Gum.
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

Re: EpiCeram Skin Barrier Emulsion

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:20 pm

D, I tried this.

I went to a dermatologist before my current one and she prescribed this to me with isolaz laser so I stopped seeing her immediately. because I didn't want to do another acne laser again for the rest of my life.

At the time, I was not introduced to CeraVe, but I think this would be good for people with severely dry skin. It was good I think, but other than helping with skin barrier ( Protection ) I don't see it really being like anti-aging or reversing anything honestly.
bluebuzz81

Re: EpiCeram Skin Barrier Emulsion

PostPosted by fraxeldamage » Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:58 pm

EpiCream works - Well; but you have to start slow and do several test spots. I have areas that I can apply it to without and issues and others that flare with a hypersensitive/inflammatory response. It's hit or miss, but the science is there. Have a derm on tap for questions and frequent followups.
fraxeldamage

Return to Brand Name Product Mentions and Reviews (PUBLIC)