Burn Pictures and/or Eye Damage

(Public Forum) This forum is for new ('newbie") members to ask questions and receive support. New members can post their story in this area.

Burn Pictures and/or Eye Damage

PostPosted by DCNGA » Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:43 pm

Does anyone have pictures of burns from IPL? I mean blistering burns? Has anyone been to a doctor post-IPL and been told their eyes were damaged or burned?

It's important that we have documentation of either. Does anyone have this? If so, please send me an email to laserandipldamage@gmail.com
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

Re: Burn Pictures and/or Eye Damage

PostPosted by ajapel » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:39 am

I have a opthalmologist suggesting that i have nerve damage as I have constant eye fatigue and right eye pain. The machine used on me goes up to 5mm in depth and you don't have 5mm on skin under your eyes!
ajapel

PostPosted by DCNGA » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:16 pm

Someone who was suing a device maker wanted that info. Apparently, that lawsuit has been settled out of court so naturally their interest in us ended.

I'm sorry you're going through this. Did you ever connect with our member Michelle? She has eye damage as well and was diagnosed by an opthalmologist as well.

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:36 pm

D,

My cheek on the left side looks like a burn scar. Don't have a super good quality camera but if someone needs it then I'll try to take some and send? It'll maybe next week or so. I have nt slept much. My project I'd killing me and I am going to la tomorrow
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by electricboom » Tue May 01, 2012 9:17 pm

I have retinol damage pic that's really yucky you can use. but i know it's not the same as IPL/LASER damage but it's a horrifying picture I can guarantee you!
electricboom

PostPosted by DCNGA » Wed May 02, 2012 9:07 am

If you have them posted elsewhere, I can create a link so they appear within a post. Just PM a link to photobucket or wherever you may have them posted and I can do that. Damage is damage. We want to educate and inform others.

DCNGA

PostPosted by DCNGA » Wed May 02, 2012 3:30 pm

This is ElectricBroom's RetinA damage pictures:

DCNGA

PostPosted by Erica » Wed May 02, 2012 3:46 pm

Her burn looks so similar to many of ours who were damaged by laser/ipl.
“It always seems impossible until it's done.” Nelson Mandela
Erica

PostPosted by ajapel » Wed May 02, 2012 4:04 pm

It really does. Retina a is an irritant. The skin responds.

Ajapel
ajapel

PostPosted by electricboom » Wed May 02, 2012 5:09 pm

This was taken in my car when it was bright out because I wanted I guess better lighting..
I honestly thought I saw some improvement in person, but on this picture it doesn't really look like it...Depressing.
But just wanted to add another one...
Maybe in a month I'll take another...I have so many that I've taken in doors in light that look better but it's not the right lighting so no need to get excited i guess :|

<script src='http://img856.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=mail152723.jpg&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript>Image</noscript>
electricboom

PostPosted by electricboom » Wed May 02, 2012 5:11 pm

By the way does skin fluctuate? Weird question, I feel like my skin looks better on some days? Ugh....
electricboom

PostPosted by afraidafteripl » Wed May 02, 2012 5:23 pm

It is similar to what i have from ipl damage on my cheeks in a way.
I know this is so hard and devastating and i am also looking for improvements all the time. Driving myself nuts really. I think time is the main key and also staying healthy in all ways possible, which is oh so difficult when dealing with damage. I am sorry you have to go through this also but i do think everything will be fine with time:-)
afraidafteripl

PostPosted by electricboom » Wed May 02, 2012 5:45 pm

afraid,

I'm sorry you are going through this too. It's so nuts that a retinol cream caused this, I'm positive some days that it's getting better and then some days I'm so scared that it won't go away. I hate this emotional rollercoaster. I'm on antidepressants and I just switched recently brands because the other one made me feel tired all the time and i gained 7 pounds so maybe that doesn't help either. This time last year I was running around, life of the party, loving florida's sun..(i didn't tan all the time...but once a week I would get some color...nothing crazy and now I''m just trying to fake it to make it...(emotion wise around friends and family, boyfriend...) I was in a much much better mood a few weeks ago thinking I was seeing improvement so maybe I am? Maybe I'm getting used to it? I don't know anymore..I feel like my skin fluctuates. It's weird. Sorry about the rant. Maybe I should just start a whole another thread lol..So emotional these days.
Ofcourse now i use spf when im in the sun, hat even...SIGH.
electricboom

PostPosted by Erica » Wed May 02, 2012 6:33 pm

EB, Have you ever had laser/ipl? (I don't think you have, just checking)
Erica

PostPosted by electricboom » Wed May 02, 2012 7:03 pm

Hello Erica,

No i haven't I had a 35% strength glycolic peel done in September but never got any more done because I didn't like the breakout I got, "purging" I guess.There was no damage like this WHATSOEVER from it either... But then in December started the retinol. Stopped in Mid January due to the result. I shoulda just left my face alone!
electricboom

PostPosted by Erica » Wed May 02, 2012 8:59 pm

Ah EB...I hear you on that..

Wishing you much healing - I think there is a good chance you will have improvement in the next several months.
Erica

PostPosted by electricboom » Wed May 02, 2012 9:06 pm

I hope so...it looked nothing like this before it so I'm just hoping for it to resolve..I've been an emotional wreck for the past two weeks.

Thanks Erica! I wish you healing as well.
electricboom

PostPosted by massaria » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:11 pm

Not sure this is the right place to post this but I found 'before and after' pictures for a clinic in Auckland. There's an example of an Asian guy that had Fraxel for acne and his before picture shows normal pores and skin volume but in the after picture you can see the pores have all turned into linear scars and he seems to have lost volume (though it could be the angle). I thought it bizarre they were considering this a success!
http://www.palmclinic.co.nz/before-afte ... in-texture - second picture.
massaria

PostPosted by Erica » Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:46 pm

I agree, Massaria. Crazy they're using this to promote Fraxel! But in this particular case, there is TRUTH in advertising!
Erica

PostPosted by misshepburn » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:54 pm

massaria wrote:Not sure this is the right place to post this but I found 'before and after' pictures for a clinic in Auckland. There's an example of an Asian guy that had Fraxel for acne and his before picture shows normal pores and skin volume but in the after picture you can see the pores have all turned into linear scars and he seems to have lost volume (though it could be the angle). I thought it bizarre they were considering this a success!
http://www.palmclinic.co.nz/before-afte ... in-texture - second picture.

I don't think he has lost volume...maybe because the first pic is so close up it looks fuller? I agree about the linear scarring. This is what I feel I have all over my face now! Elongated pores. So odd looking. My chin where I had the acne is the worst. I wish I had've just used fading creams on it rather than Pixel RF :(
misshepburn

PostPosted by redbysciton » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:33 am

Hi, electricboom - your picture shows exactly the same kind of damage I have - shallow depressions of various sizes and shapes - some linear, some round, some irregular. WTF is with this IPL tx being sold as something to IMPROVE skin when it does this????? If I had known IP would do this to my skin, I NEVER would've agreed to it!! Therre needs to be some truth in advertising here!
redbysciton

Return to Support for New Members (PUBLIC)