Lasers - An Occupational Danger (From 2005)

Side Effects, Complications of Various Lasers, Light Devices

Lasers - An Occupational Danger (From 2005)

PostPosted by cveroleyva » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:32 pm

A nurses opinion:
Can be found at http://www.aboutmyjob.com/2290/laser-nu ... al-danger/

The doctors have the nurses do most of the laser treatments because they don’t want to expose themselves to the laser radiation. Lets see how wonderful nurses feel about being a laser hair removal nurse or performing laser IPL procedures, after 10 years of laser radiation exposure.

My face was cooked by performing laser procedures to enhance the beauty of clients. I never used the laser on myself. It was from just being exposed to the laser while treating patients all day. I was well trained and well fooled. They never mentioned the occupational hazards to nurses performing these treatments all day, day in and day out.

The whole laser thing is a hoax to make money. I know first hand and have the proof of clients and other nurses to prove it. I only did it for 2 months and now I’m not sure if my face will recover. I have heard other nurses say their eyes are blurry and they are also fearful of what could happen latter on because of the exposure to lasers. Nurses.

Don’t think its a glamorous job being a laser nurse in cosmetic medicine. Its just a sweat shop atmosphere, and you are a guinea pig. If you don’t believe me. Lets see in 5 or 10 years from now. You could be blind and who knows what your skin hair and health be like from laser exposure. I do not recommend this specialty in nursing. Its your life, though. Peace.
cveroleyva

Return to Side Effects, Complications