Retin A Nightmare/Toxic Effects they don't tell you

(Public Forum) This forum is for new ('newbie") members to ask questions and receive support. New members can post their story in this area.

Re: Retin A Nightmare/Toxic Effects they don't tell you

PostPosted by WG1 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:39 pm

If you want to go all the way, go on a fruit fast. A friend of mine is a macrobiotic frugarian. She eats almost exclusively fruit and occasionally vegetables. All raw. Only in season. No mixing fruit with oils. Like she wouldn't eat fruit with an avocado. Really strict. But it's supposed to be a very healing diet. Sometimes she goes on a juice fast for a month or even more. No beans, no nuts. Only fruit and certain veggies. Some veggies are not allowed. Like eggplant, which is very sour and unpalatable uncooked.

I did go on a juice fast for a week. I think I'd rather just do the raw vegan diet.
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by electricboom » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:38 pm

Im going to try to start on this fruit diet today, hopefully i wont crumble! lol..
electricboom

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:44 pm

WG1, I am curious, can you tell me the name of the diet? Or the process of it? I want to read it just for information. =)
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by meemz » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:34 pm

Hey Blue,

I just finished reading your thread about the fruit diet. I can really tell you that from my experience I really believe that eating fruits does help a lot. I currently live in the States, but actually I am from another country. My whole life before I move to the States, I used to eat fruits and veges most of the time. I would have fruits for breakfast, after lunch, for dinner, and for snacks too!. During that period when i used to eat lots of fruit, my skin was so smooth and It used to look so healthy. But since I moved to the States (2 years ago) my diet changed a lot. I no longer eat fruits that much (maybe once every two weeks!) and I noticed my skin was changing. My skin damage is from both the Retin-a and two laser treatments, but the laser is what made it the worst.

What contributed to my damage too is that eczema runs in my family and I used to have eczema patches in my body, which thanks GOD healed nicely, but because my immune system is weak, I developed a type of dermatitis and my skin is super sensitive. I wish I never used the Retin-A and never heard about this laser treatment. But I still have hope and my last dermatologist told me that it will resolve, but it will take time till my skin gets back to how it was 2 years ago.

My questions to you are, are you still having problems with your skin? do you still have the burning sensation?

Right now my whole concern is that I want the inflammation and redness to go away :(

I will start on the fruit diet tomorrow and I will do way more than 7 days of just eating fruits.

I am trying to hang in there and do not lose hope.
meemz

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:06 pm

Meez,

The answer is No!! But you have to understand that my damages are 3 years away. But my sensitivity has resolved remarkably though.. I think the ladies on this forum will tell you how much I was suffering. I was sleeping inside the closet, the ladies that I do bible study will tell you how bad it was. We would meet around 6:30pm to have a bible study and they would have to close all the blinds and I would have a mask on my face becuase even the slightest amount of light was bothering me. My boss gave me a office and I was working under the dark because the light burned my face so much. When it was really bad, The computer monitor bothered me.

I still do burn some, but not as much. Even without the light my face consistenetly burns and I don't know why but it does. I have some deep inflammation that never resolved, but when I eat fruit it goes away and this is my 4th time doing it and it has improved ALOT. Now I work back at my cubicle. I did ask the people to remove the lights right above my cube just to be cautious, but I have a normal worklife now. I can drive witout masking myself fully. I just have sunglasses and a mask on and that's it. Before it was so bad.. I wore an aluminum foil with eyes poked out. Even fabric because the light penetrated it was not enough. I was in pain... and even with the aluminum foil, the area around the eyes were painful again because the light was coming through where I poked. driving from and to work was sooo difficult and going out for lunch with coworkers was out of the question. My coworkers were so awwed by my situation.. Everyone was asking WHY i was not suing the doctor that did this to me. What do I say?

It's still a working progress but I do have hope that it will resolve. It's a very gradual and annoying.. but I have really tried everything and I feel this is the best solution for me and I am sticking to it unless I find something better HOLISTIC. I don't believe in anything else anymore after the laser incident and don't trust doctors PERIOD except for Dr. Heng who invented Psoria because she is my derm and she has been extremely caring to me. So that's what i do is eat fruit, and on days when I am not I use Psoria... and Massage for a long time so that it penetrates deep into my skin.

Also, I wanted to tell you that I have a really good friend and she knew how much I was suffereing with skin and how much I loved Psoria so she researched online and found out that it was helping with eczima.. her friend had sever.. very bad case of that and she bought her a bottle for birthday.... Nothing was clearing her and it cleared her up really well... And she told me how shocked she was to see her and she thanked me so much for letting her know about the product. Because she now can have a normal life because it was so bad that she could not wear anything but cotton ... etc.....

Eitherway, I don't know if you should do more than 6 days of fruit because I did try taht once and becaue our stomach was not used to the acid in the fruit it made my stomach hurt a lot. If that happens to you I heard that you should eat grapes. So I immediately started eating rice and veggies the day later. I have been on the fruit diet again and started like this Monday but I had tofu like 2 days ago and I had some food like couple of days ago because my mother loves to eat out. So doing purly fruit, today is my 2nd day and tomorrow I am goign on a business trip, but I am going to pursue!! this works!! I really don't see anything else that will help you as much. Just stick to it for about 6 days and you will notice a difference in your body and skin. And your burning should subsidize in day three or day 6. For me because my damage was sooooo long ways out.... It took me 6 days.. and the burning stopped.

i was telling Electricboom today how not to be discouraged even if you cheat just do it anyways... I used to just binge whenever I cheated ... but I have decided to just do this for a year and cheat here and ther with healthy food...... and I have noticed that was what my pastor and them were doing was.. They do fruit 3 ~5 days in 1 month.. and when they eat rice and veggies.. and they also have sweet potatoes and other food that are very healthy and maybe once a month they have some duct or some fish.. very good meat.... I have cravings now and today because my inflammation has gone down to nothing.. My face is bumpier, lumpier and the pores are more apparent. But My derm told me taht for 1 collegan fiber to form it takes 4 months. SIGH!!!! So I am going to keep pushing. Hopefully~ The enzimes in the fruit will eat away my scar tissues and give me some new skin. SIGH!!!!
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by meemz » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:29 pm

My prayers for you. I hope that one day we will get the skin that we are looking for or at least to how it was before the damage.

I will also start drinking 3 cups of green tea as I know that green tea is a good anti oxidant and anti inflammatory. But I will make sure that I drink it on the days when I am eating rice and vegetables.

Do you mind telling me what fruits and vegetables do you mostly eat?

I saw that bananas are one of the kinds in the diet, but I read that bananas are inflammatory fruits and they produce heat in the body.

Electroderm,

I read that you are going to start on this diet today. Did you do the diet before or is it your first time?
meemz

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:48 pm

Meemz,

Bananas are perfectly fine. In fact I heard they make you constipated and when I was doing the diet, perhaps it's the way we eat it ( eating it alone?) But it did not cause any of that. Infact when you are on this you will eliminate a lot. Yea I used to eat a lot of bananas due to convenience and also it's cheap, but I read somewhere in Dr. Baek's lecture notes that the more sour or tangier the more healing it will be so I have started to try to eat more tangy ones... And I also read that Pinapples, Kiwis and Papayas have a lot of enzymes that can eat away scar tissues so I have been eating a lot of them.

But for me I found that Mangoes really made a difference in my skin. And I noticed a lot more difference with Organic vs none so I have been eating organic fruit. IT's a shame because they used to have a lot of organic mangoes at the wholefoods near my house, but they stopped carrying that for some reason so I have been eating a lot of kiwis and pineapples. But As you eat a lot of something you get sick of them so I switch up a lot.. LIke today I had tomatoes for breakfast and cantaloupes for lunch. Dinner I am probably going to be eating some none organic mangoes. I bought some none organic because I could not find any organic ones.

I do try to eat different kinds so that I can get some nutrients from all sorts of fruits. At the fridge as I type I have, Mangoes, Kiwis, Pineapples, Pomegranates, Apples, and Tomatoes sitting waiting for me to eat. Haha!!!! I have found that Pineapples and Kiwis make my tongue sore so I have been blending that and just drinking it to prevent that. Forgot to buy some papayas this week, but I will get some as soon as I eat up my fruit. Also my derm told me to eat a lot of high colored veggies and fruit that it will help me heal.

I used to eat a lot of berries because I read that it was high in anti-oxidants but I find the tropical fruits to be the best. I hoep I didn't confuse you too much
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by Erica » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:52 pm

Not sure it's mentioned, but I feel it's important to eat organic fruit, especially when consuming this amount.
“It always seems impossible until it's done.” Nelson Mandela
Erica

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:00 pm

Meemz,

This is extremely important and I have to stress it, but Dr. Baek says you have to sleep between 10PM and 2AM and not to have sex while doing this diet. So on the fruit days you should not have sex and from 10PM to 2AM if you are not sleepy he says to just keep your eyes closed and that itself would help. The reason for this is beacuse your healing hormones are most active during these hours and you want to take advantage of that. And the sex thing.. I am not sure but apparently it can cause distruption in your cells when it's in its healing mode. The fruit sugars are suppose to make the cells in its healing mode and sex can alter that apparently. And he says to work out around 4~6 time a week and never 7 times that 7 is worse than not doing exercise at all. He encourages things that will make you sweat like running. I do workout about 3 times a week, but I have not been able to beacuse of traveling and such, but hopefully next week I can get back on it and do 6 times instead of 3 times.

But yea, make sure you sleep in between 10PM to 2AM, he said if you are not done with your task then wake up after 2AM and finish it instead of doing it past 10PM. I have to admit that I have hard time keeping this, but I am trying though. =p
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:04 pm

Sorry for bombarding this thread but I don't want to make the Dr. sound like an idiot. He does say that Sex is very good especially when it's extremely enjoyed for your health, not just when you are on the fruit diet. Because it causes the cell to act differently so you have to not have sex on the fruit days.
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by Erica » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:08 pm

Oh, I see you did mention that blue. Disregard :) There are so many recent posts on this thread, that I've not been able to keep up! :)
Erica

PostPosted by meemz » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:09 pm

Hey Blue,

Thank you very much for your helpful and valuable advice. About sleeping between 10PM and 2AM, I do not think I will have any problem with this as I feel that sleeping is the only way that helps me escape this damage nightmare.

Thank you very much again and please keep in touch and keep me updated.
meemz

PostPosted by Erica » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:12 pm

LOL, just read the sex part. I would not listen to that doctor about the sex part! lol Do it whenever the spirit moves you, it's good for healing! lol
Erica

PostPosted by meemz » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:17 pm

Erica,

I hope that now you are doing well and your skin has completely healed. Do you mind me asking was your damage from Retin-A or laser? and what type of damage it was? redness, burning, skin sensitivity?
meemz

PostPosted by Erica » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:19 pm

Thanks meemz, My pulsed dye laser damage was over two years ago. (Was burned due to too high of a setting). I have scarring as a result.
Erica

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:20 pm

Haha.. Erica.... Yea! No kidding~ but lucky for me.. I am single and can't mingle..... So I have no issue holding off on sex that at this point.. LOL!!!!! So perhaps I am lucky in that arena. =(
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by meemz » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:31 pm

I have a question for you all. Has anyone experienced burning lips and sudden stinging on different parts of their face (not burning)?
meemz

PostPosted by WG1 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:43 am

Bluebuzz, in answer to your question, she follows the advice of Dr. Morse.
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF7564027799DBB11

I see that the 3rd video is about radiation exposure. I haven't watched it. I wonder if he gets into the different types of radiation.
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:23 pm

Meez,

I have not experienced burning lips, but I do burn all day long all over and my face stings too.

WG1, Thank you for this information. I wonder if it would be worthwhile to go visit him in person?
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by meemz » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:29 pm

Blue,

I was thinking about seeing him in person too. But I have no idea where he lives and how can I reach him.
meemz

PostPosted by DCNGA » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:41 pm

If this is him, he's in Florida:

http://www.drmorsesherbalhealthclub.com/
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:06 am

Meemz,

I do want to say that YES Fruit diet is wonderful and I am so glad I did it, but you also do need to get on Psoria. THat will help you from a topical perspective, and the fruit will help you from internals. IT won't hurt to get it from all different angles. =)
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by meemz » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:42 am

Blue,

I have a question about Psoria.. Is it a gel or cream? Cause if it is a gel I don't think my skin will handle it.
meemz

PostPosted by DCNGA » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:08 pm

The ultra, I think, is a cream.

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:14 pm

It is a Gel consistency, but it's very soothing.. Maybe you can email Siana to see if she can send you a sample? I can't handle anything except this cream at this point. And also I use Badger Sunscreen. That's been the most soothing Sunscreen I used also. Everything burns my face. It's horrible
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by meemz » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:35 pm

Thanks DCNGA for providing me with information..

Blue.. I think that the Psoria-Gold will irritate my skin and I am afraid of trying anything right now. I will start using only emu oil and see how it goes.

Today I called Dr. Morse's office and I was told that I can have an appointment with him through the phone or skype, but the next opening will be in February. I was told that I can have an appointment with his associate Roger after the holiday. I bought Dr. Morse's book and in the book it says that the best way to speed the healing is to eat just fruits for at least 30 days. If you cannot do all fruits, you can have one kind of fruit for breakfast and another kind of fruit for lunch and then a salad for dinner. Today is day 3 on this fruit diet and I will try to make it through 30 days with just fruits.

I will keep you updated.
meemz

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:17 pm

Meez

Do u just eat fruit? Or do you eat it in a certain way? Like my diet he says to eat 1 kind at a time and at 5 hour intervals.
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by meemz » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:28 pm

I am eating 1 kind at a time with 4 to 5 hours apart.

On a second thought I might try the Psoria-Gold and see what happens, but first I want to email Siana. Do you know how can I reach and email her?
meemz

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:34 pm

bluebuzz81

PostPosted by meemz » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:39 pm

I emailed her and hope she responds quickly.. How are you doing now? Are you seeing improvements?
meemz

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:04 pm

Well for me if I can just be at a place where I am not getting more damages I am doing well. =( I can't believe how stupid my doctor was. Everytime I think of how badly I was burned it makes me so mad and realize how unregulated these devices are. And that there are doctors that are complete morons that should not have graduated from school.
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by meemz » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:08 pm

Blue,

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I really want to know if the Psoria-Gold made a huge difference when you used it? I am really hesitant because I do not want to make my condition worse. Which one are you using? and did it irritate your skin at first? Did it dry out your skin? My skin is already dry and I am afraid that it would dry it out more. Are you applying any moisturizer after applying the Psoria-Gold.

I am still waiting for Siana's reply, but I want to be able to reach Dr.Heng herself and not sure how this will be possible.
meemz

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:36 pm

Meemz,

Dr. Heng is extremely responsive. Take photos and ask Siana to send the photos to Dr. HEng. She will do that and Dr. Heng will gladly want to help you out. She is a very good genuine doctor.

When I started using Psoria, they did not have the Ultra formulation available. So I was using the Extra Strength, but that was too drying for me so I used the Regular and I did well. Then when she came out with the ULtra she had me change it and when I started using that I liked it even more. Very calm and soothing. Personally, Because I trust Dr. Heng a lot I have been using it because she was very insistent upon it. I mean she invented it and if it was someone elses I would have thought it was to sell her product, but I have met her in person and when you meet her you just know she is not fake. So, I did everything she told me to do and it's not difficult because she explains the reasoning behind it each time. When I go see her, she talks to me for 2 hours minimum. The first time I went, I missed my flight because I was not expecting such long consultation. SHe took 3 hours with me I think.

If you go to the Psoria Ultra Thread, I have posted pictures. Before and After, if you send me an email I can send that to you if you wish. I have made a HUGE Progress with the product. And this was before I knew of the fruit diet so I have to give credit to Psoria and Dr. HEng because she also put me off Dairy which was also another big help.

And I understand your concern and being afraid of trying new things. Personally, if this product was not made of natural stuff like Cucumin and Aloe, i would not use it also, but it's natural stuff so I trust it and will use it for the rest of my life.
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by meemz » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:18 pm

Hey Blue,

I sent you my email in a private message and would be really happy to see your before and after pictures
meemz

PostPosted by VioletFox » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:43 am

Hi guys! I'm glad this forum was created. I honestly didn't know where to turn to for answers. About a month ago, I used retinol and the pores greatly enlarged on my forehead, and I'm left with a puffy, swollen sensation. I'm really not sure what to do. I used it every other day for a week. Perhaps too excessively to start, but I was given absolutely no instruction and was unaware of any negative complications. In fact, on the bottle it says irritation is normal and is usually not a sign of a negative complication. I haven't been using any products since then, and I've seen some minor improvements in the liney texture.
I used the retinol shortly after a chemical peel because an estheritian told me it should be fine to use after around 3 weeks.
Little did I know that it would produce such an adverse effect. Thankfully, the damage seems to be localized to my forehead region, and did not affect my cheeks noticeably.

I've been considering going to the dermatologist, but there are none within my area, and I'm afraid whoever I go to won't be able to provide a solution...
I know for a fact that my skin is inflammed. It didn't really do much damage other than increase pore size. It's been this way since the middle of December. I'm quite heartbroken and depressed. I hate to be so vain, but I feel as if I have been robbed of my youth.
All I want to do is stay indoors constantly until I see improvement.

I am considering being a 21 year old hermit until this heals. :x
I've read Chase's story and it's quite uplifting. I can only hope that I have similar results. However, it's hard to remain optimistic when everything I read says that pore size is permanent.
Hopefully, since my skin is inflammed when it stops, my pore size will reduce to its normal size.

If there are any other active members who would like to talk, I'd be grateful.
I live on the east coast in Ga. Perhaps any one knows of a dermatologist in the surrounding area from FL to Ga that may be knowledgable on this subject?
Thank you in advance.
VioletFox

PostPosted by Erica » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:11 pm

Hi Violet, Electricboom has similar damage, you may want to read thru her posts. Also, most of us would probably suggest buying psoriagold ultra to help with healing and inflammation.
Erica

PostPosted by DCNGA » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:33 pm

I live in GA (ATL) and have an excellent derm but I doubt it will be helpful to you. Even my wonderful doc may not say the RetinA caused your problem.

You want to reduce inflammation. Whatever you can do that will help with the inflammation will likely improve the situation for you. I know those who've been damaged by RetinA seem to be the ones mostly likely to have the most healing, which is a good thing for you.

DCNGA

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:07 pm

Hey Violet,

I am so sorry to hear about your problems. I also live in GA and there are a lot of good derms here in my opinion. I know of 1 doctor that I would recommend, but he is such a huge advocate of Retin-A I am not certain he would be of a benefit to you.

Personally, I am seeing a Doctor in LA and she is the inventor of Psoria Gold. So I fly there from time to time to see her and such. I would start by sending pictures to the sales lady that works for Psoria and ask her to forward your pictures to Dr. Heng. And ask for her recommendation. I would personally go from there. And if you feel additional advice is needed, I would go to a derm here too. That’s what I did initially, I went to see many dermatologists getting many opinions and have eliminated to Dr. Heng because I felt I can really truly trust her. And I am extremely glad I made this choice. And also I would use Psoria Regular to start with to help with relieving your inflammation. From reading other’s posts it seemed to me as if they recommended regular for people with inflammation. I know for me they wanted me to use Psoria Ultra because Ultra was made more to heal the scarring and also acne. I have a lot of scarring from the laser. I can say though that I have received a lot of healing because my skin felt like lizard, but now it’s feeling more and more softer. I am hoping it will continually soften and hopefully one day I can have somewhat of a normal skin.

Last week I had a conversation with Siana and she said that people that have had damage for a while, when they feel after using Ultra for months, if they don’t improve then she tells them to not waste money and just use the regular because the Ultra is really expensive. Eitherway, I hope this message was helpful. And yes, I am currently on Psoria Ultra. But my damage was 3 years ago and I have a lot of scars that I am trying to resolve.
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by VioletFox » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:14 pm

Thank you a lot guys. I have read a lot about people on the forum using psoria. I wasn't sure if it was worth it, but since you say that it actually does help a lot with your inflammation, I'm more than welcome to give it a try.
I made an appointment with a dermatologist in nearby Thomasville for tomorrow. I don't know what she could really do I guess other than prescribe something else for inflammation. It would make me feel better if she said, "I've seen a case or two like this, and they got better, so you will too." :P If it wasnt for this forum, I'd truly believe it was permanent! don't know if I'd want to use a steroid cream. From anyone's experience, would that do more harm than good? I've heard that it thins the skin from another user.

Blue, I'm glad you're getting better. I think the fact that you're no longer ultra-sensitive to light is a huge accomplishment. It proves that you're skin is definitely capable of healing itself and resolving its sensitivity over time. I truly wish you the best.
I wish I could fly out to see Dr. Heng. It's awesome that you are able to do that.

I will probably order psoria soon. I will tomorrow after the derm appointment.
VioletFox

PostPosted by DCNGA » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:54 pm

Cortisone cream should not be used for longer than 7-10 days. It can end up causing more problems than it solves, long term.

DCNGA

PreviousNext

Return to Support for New Members (PUBLIC)