Retin A Nightmare/Toxic Effects they don't tell you

(Public Forum) This forum is for new ('newbie") members to ask questions and receive support. New members can post their story in this area.

Re: Retin A Nightmare/Toxic Effects they don't tell you

PostPosted by electricboom » Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:20 pm

Thanks Bowman,
I've been babying my skin ever since I stopped, just using oils to moisturize and Josie maran Argan Oil sunblock spf 40 in the day. Recently been cleansing and putting extra virgin organic coconut oil on my face. It sucks because I still have clogged pores but Im just gonna still try using oils to cleanse and moisturize the skin. Looks like a tiny improvement as far as scars,dents looking more plump or softer but they are still definitely there. :cry: Still have the enlarged pores but hoping they will be closing soon...end of April it will be 3 months of stopping with the retinol use..and my 27th birthday ugh..it won't be so much of a happy one but I'll try... It seems like an eternity. Do you think if I do a natural sugar/oil scrub would be ok as long as im not rough? The only chemical type product i kinda use is cleansing wipes if I put some mineral powder/bronzer on..http://www.simpleskincare.com.au/cleans ... wipes.html
Simple Skin care line where it's free of harsh products.
electricboom

PostPosted by WG1 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:57 pm

Sorry for the late reply, Honeycomb. I don't think Psoria gold will interfere with FG but I don't think you should put anything on your face that you weren't directed to put on your face for the first week.

Here's a good article on horse chestnut. It mentions some other herbs helpful for capillary strengthening because they contain rutin: http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/What_is_Horse_Chestnut.html
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:30 am

Honey, Why don't you email dr. Heng and ask her yourself? She puts them on with patients that she does surgery on. Like stiches and stuff to prevent scaring. =) You should ask her for her opinion.
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by honeycomb » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:31 pm

Thanks WG and Blue. I hate saying this as I don't want to jinx myself but the last few days I have felt that my skin is looking a little better. Not sure if the graft or stem cells is helping but I think my skin looks a bit healthier. I think I will just continue to use the Cera Ve lotion at this point.
honeycomb
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:07 pm

Honey, That is such great news!!!! I am at a very desperate no hope situation with my skin improving, I am just praying all the time and having people pray for me. Unless a miracle happens. I will be getting damaged everyday severely. ANd I still have to sleep in the closet. SIGH!!!!
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by honeycomb » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:17 pm

Oh no Blue. I'm so sorry that things are getting worse and that you are still sleeping in the closet. Are you using the Psoria now or did you stop? I can't believe what these devices can do to us. Are you still considering PRP? I know you weren't able to get a flight to see Dr. Heng last time but are you planning to see her anytime soon? You are still in my prayers. I hate the fact that you are suffering so much and not getting any relief. I only wish the best for you Blue. Hugs to you.
honeycomb
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Erica » Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:52 pm

Blue, Honey mentioned everything I was thinking too. Are you still having the problem with burning? Did removing your work lights help?
“It always seems impossible until it's done.” Nelson Mandela
Erica

PostPosted by Peyton8188 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:49 pm

So I talked to a plastic surgeon about the enlarged pores. He said that they absolutely are from retin-a. R said that my skin is way too fine to have ever put that on my face and that I never should have been prescribed it.

He also said that retin-a DOES cause enlarged pores in certain people, and that that should have been explained to me before it was prescribed.

He did promise me that it would go away. It's been a month and a half, I've seen some improvement however recently the improvement I've been having has reverted back to the way it was.

He said to give it six months to a year. This is very upsetting but I wanted to post for those who are still frustrated. He did promise me that the enlarged pores would go away.

I can't believe dermatologists prescribe this without giving us any information or forewarning that this can happen.
Peyton8188

PostPosted by Erica » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:21 pm

Peyton8188 wrote:I can't believe dermatologists prescribe this without giving us any information or forewarning that this can happen.

Sounds verrrry familiar. I'm beginning to believe that many dermatologists are corrupt, that they are not in medicine for the right reasons. I'm lumping, I know, but after two years of hearing this same tune, I think the honest and good ones may be far and few between.... Of all the docs I've seen post damage, the derm have been the least compassionate, by far. Not to mention the inhumane treatment by the RN who harmed me.
Erica

PostPosted by DCNGA » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:01 am

Just like all other specialties, doctors can be in it for the wrong reasons. I have a great derm who does go by the 'do no harm' credo. Too bad the PS who burned my lower lid didn't feel the same way.
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by electricboom » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:20 pm

Peyton,
I've been using extra virgin organic coconut oil to cleanse and moisturize (day and night) and it has helped moisturize my skin and I feel like it's helping me with healing from the retinol damage it caused me. Make sure if you do purchase it that it's organic extra virgin and preferably in a glass container. I've been seeing some healing with it. I'm almost at 3 months out from the retinol damage, and my skin isn't back to normal but I've been seeing improvement with the coconut oil. (or also probably because it's almost 3 months or both...)I'm not sure but just wanted to share that with you, maybe it will help. Not sure if you saw my picture...with my damage, it's crazy! not only enlarged pores but dents, lines, holes? you name it!
electricboom

PostPosted by Peyton8188 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:13 pm

Thank you so much for your reply! I did see the two pictures and I definitely feel for you. This experience has shown me to research everything I put on and in my body.
My boyfriend and all of my friends are completely over listening to me about my pores so I don't feel I have anyone to talk to that can understand

I'm glad I can come here.

There are two pores specifically that are the largest, where I had tiny tiny dents from previous pimple scarring that the retin a extremely intensified.

Thanks for the coconut oil I'll have to look into that. Does it really speed up healing?!

Peyton
Peyton8188

PostPosted by electricboom » Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:53 pm

Trust me I know how you feel...(About your friends/boyfriend not wanting to hear it anymore) I'm thankful for this forum and members
that I have met that have helped me vent or ask questions when I needed to.
So far though, I have had a positive outcome with the coconut oil.--Google "Extra Virgin Coconut Oil by Garden of Life" I paid double from a health food store...but I was desperate and wanted it right then and there so price didn't matter but you can get it online for cheaper.
i feel like some of my dents are starting to smooth out and my huge diagnal scar has decreased... I also think though it's because I haven't been using any thing else harsh just natural oils. I dab some grapeseed oil too on certain areas because I hear: "The antioxidants in the oil are called procyanidolic oligomers (PCO’s), known for their health giving properties, and are more powerful than vitamin C and vitamin E." So i put some on some of my more severe damaged areas too at night. I'm kinda playing natural oil chemist now..lol...switching around but I have noticed the most improvement while using the coconut oil...I am almost at the 3 month mark of not using retinol. I'm going to pick up some rosehip seed oil too today, a friend on the forum said it had beneficial healing powers as well. I would try not to use any harsh cleansers now because you don't want to irritate it more. I also have been taking fish oil, msm vitamins...(theyre supposed to be good for skin, etc.) And Josie Maran SPF 40 Argan sunblock (Im really trying to do the natural route)

I'm sure you will start seeing improvement soon, it seems like an eternity waiting, I know!
electricboom

PostPosted by Flamengo » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:32 pm

bluebuzz81 wrote:Honey, That is such great news!!!! I am at a very desperate no hope situation with my skin improving, I am just praying all the time and having people pray for me. Unless a miracle happens. I will be getting damaged everyday severely. ANd I still have to sleep in the closet. SIGH!!!!

Blue, have you gone to see a Naturopath and done blood work?
Flamengo

PostPosted by honeycomb » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:07 pm

EB, do you like the Josie Maran sunblock? I bought it a few years ago and accidentally left it at the B & B we were staying at for vacation so I only got to use it a few times. I didn't get to use it enough to see if it was right for me. It didn't seem to cause any negative reactions which is always a good thing but I'm not sure if I should purchase it again. Funny that you mentioned it in your post because I was thinking about it the other day. Let me know what you think.
honeycomb
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by electricboom » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:56 am

Yes I do like the sunblock, so far no irritation and have been using it for a month. I like it because it has natural ingredients in the mix.
electricboom

PostPosted by honeycomb » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:23 am

Thanks, EB. I will probably be making a trip to Sephora next week and I'll pick one up.
honeycomb
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by chumdog90 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:50 pm

Electriboom, I'd like to see the pictures you posted that others have seen, but I don't know how to find them or view them.
chumdog90

PostPosted by Mandy » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:47 pm

chumdog, I think her pics are on the 2nd page of this thread.
Mandy
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:37 pm

Flamengo, No I have not. I am severely sensitive to sun and light period and I get damaged from them bad. I cover myface 24/7 like a muslim lady.
bluebuzz81

PostPosted by Lily37 » Tue May 01, 2012 11:01 am

Hey Electric Boom -- do you feel the oil cleansing has caused any blocled pores/acne?

I find it hard to treat laser damage and acne at the same time, since a lot of the oils recommended for healing also could clog pores, you know?

Thanks for any feedback!
Lily37

PostPosted by electricboom » Tue May 01, 2012 2:45 pm

Hey Bygones,

At the beginning I had a little purging, by my hair line,(one or two) but that's with any new product i believe.I've been using grapeseed/organic virgin coconut oil (I switch them around...i guess depending on my mood lol) but they haven't caused me to breakout in cysts or any of those huge pimples.I also use the coconut oil as a mositurizer at night, just a little bit, I don't slather it on. If I use any cleansers like purpose, lancome, whatever...I'm too scared to try..they all seem to make me break out I guess because the chemicals. (That was before my Retinol damage too) My face still has some tiny blackheads in certain areas, which are totally annoying (you can see it in a magnifying mirror when i stretch my skin out) But I'm working on it..Unfortunately I wish I had results or my pre retinol skin damage back already but I know it takes time and patience. Ugh. But so far the oils are the only thing I feel comfortable using now since they're natural and I'm trying to baby my skin. The one thing I have tried recently that did break me out is african black soap. Got 3 pimples on my cheek but they're going away. I guess I get crazy when I go to the natural food store and want to try new things to help improve it. I guess I should just stick with that works. lol
electricboom

PostPosted by Lily37 » Tue May 01, 2012 3:52 pm

Oh, I totally know what you mean in terms of trying new things! I make myself broke with all the stuff I try. But I'm always hopeful for something helpful.

I do use a little rose hip oil in the worst area of damage beside my nose. No breakouts from that thus far (though my worst area for pimples is my chin, and I didn't have much laser damage there thankfully.)

I did try this week the new Neutrogena Natural cleanser. I'm breaking out a bit but nothing dreadful. I don't know... I'd like to do away with cleansers period. Heck, I'd like to do away with SKINCARE period, but don't have that option now. sigh.

Just gotta keep trying and looking (and staying positive). Thanks for the feedback!!
Lily37

PostPosted by electricboom » Tue May 01, 2012 9:32 pm

Im TRYING to stay positive too...I have been having bad days lately(Mentally wise) Atleast I went to the gym for the first time since this all really happened...I know exercise is said to help the healing but I've been so down and insecure I hate going to the gym. I actually tryed a little rosehip yesterday...Introducing new things scare me but I guess it's trial and error now, don't have much room for error...LOL...over it.

Kinda depressing when you are 27 and you see people over 50 with better texture skin then you. Trying to hang on to hope. For me and everyone :(
I hate how this takes up so much of my time mentally.
electricboom

PostPosted by Peyton8188 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:09 am

I stopped using retin-a on March 3. I am seeing improvement, I dont cry anymore when i have on makeup and i do feel slightly confident like my old self. however, it is not perfect still and in the sun it looks scary with enlarged pores and orange peel texture, but i am seeing improvement. i am trying to take jikal's advice and avoid the mirror which really has helped. the scariest part i feel of this whole thing is that i keep wondering what if the damage doesnt ever go away? I can live with this if i know it will go away, my fear is that it won't. its scary that my skin looks aged by ten years.

this has been SUCH a rollercoaster! today though i did feel very grateful that this is the most i have to worry about in my life. still very traumatic, but my life could be very worse.
Peyton8188

PostPosted by Erica » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:53 pm

Glad you're seeing some improvement, Peyton. Hopefully things will just get better and better for you.

Facial changes are extremely traumatic. A member's psychologist said even minor facial changes can be devastating. I've heard members say they've dealt with divorce, death and any number of very negative events, but nothing has taken them down/caused thoughts of suicide like the damage suffered by our members.
Erica

PostPosted by DCNGA » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:25 pm

It's good to hear you're better, Peyton! It's always something to rejoice about here when someone tells us they are improving. Congratulations and may everything continue to improve for you!

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by electricboom » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:29 pm

I'm 5 months exactly from not using retinol and have been gentle with my skin.(Have only used natural...oils...mostly Extra virgin coco Do you think if I use a AHA lotion on my face (Alpha Hydrox aha 10% cream ) to be exact if that would be ok, or I was wondering if it would contribute to my damage? I've been noticing more plugs here and there, little blackheads here....So just curious on anyones advice.
electricboom

PostPosted by Peyton8188 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:36 pm

Thanks guys! Don't want to get too optimistic. I have blackheads now in the enlarged pores. Im curious about if this will prevent te pores from closing. I was thinking about getting a facial but only letting them steam on order to do extractions. Does anyone have any opinion or knowledge as to whether this would be bad for the healing or will it help close my pores since the stuff will e out of them? Any opinions would be awesome. How is everyone else doing?? Just an update I am only using a face wash and la mer to moisturize my face really well
Peyton8188

PostPosted by LF5 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:18 pm

Hi Peyton, I read your post and am very sorry for everything you've been through. I had a vitalize peel 9 weeks ago and my doc believes I had a bad reaction to retin a. My skin inflames everytime I go outside. It will not stop burning and stinging. The redness flucuates between extreme and then subsides for short periods of time. I was just curious if you had a reaction to a peel or to just the retin a use? I am on prednisone right now and I really hope it works to alleviate some of this irritation. I can't believe my life is completely turned upside down. I'm so nervous that this won't go away. I'm so glad you are starting to feel some relief!
LF5

PostPosted by Peyton8188 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:49 pm

Are you experiencing other symptoms or just the redness and inflammation? My symptoms are solely from retin a use, which caused the texture and pores. However before those appeared I did have extreme redness peeling and inflammation, somryhing that I think is pretty much expectEd from using retin a since te so strong. Mine was so bad that I should really have taken that as an early warning sign that y skin is way too sensitive for any peels or retinol.

I don't have any experience with peels so I really don't want to give you any insight since I don't feel like I know what I'm talking about with peels as I've never done them. But from reading others posts I have gathered that chemical peels and retin a are somewhat one in the same

I'm so sorry you're experiencing that it's not fun!! Let me know if I can answer any other questions
Peyton8188

PostPosted by electricboom » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:15 pm

LF5, Just curious, did you develop enlarged pores/texture and/or scarring from this peel?
I would be gentle for your skin for now and baby it. There are many great people on this forum that might be able to help you...I myself had a chemical burn...but from retinol. But I have been gentle over the last few months, avoided too much sun exposures, use spf, and I even purchased a UPF 50 floppy hat. That may be useful to you as well. I'm so sorry you are going through this, I wouldn't wish this upon anyone. Have you seen a derm about this burn? Do not use any harsh exfoliating products as for now. Maybe someone else may chime in. Where you using retinol/retin-a prior to this peel?
electricboom

PostPosted by Erica » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:30 am

Hi LF5, You may want to try straight zinc oxide as it's a product known to calm and sooth the skin which may help lessen the burning.
Erica

PostPosted by LF5 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:53 am

Hi , I did experience pore/texture change. I caught a glimpse of my skin in the mirror and it looked like I had that orange peel effect. I just can't believe my skin is so much worse than it was before I had the peel. I have one scar on my forehead but I can cover it with bangs. I just can't stand the constant burning sensation. I have been able to tolerate skinmedica sunscreen spf 30 and I do wear a floppy hat but it is not spf rated. I didn't realize they had such a product. I went to my derm because they didn't have a doctor at the medi spa i had the peel done at. He perscribed topical steroid that I used for 1 week. He couldn't understand why I was experiencing this reaction and told me I probably had a mild rosacea that was activated when I had the peel On my next visit, he pretty much told me not to come back because he couldn't do anything for me. He didn't have any answers. Just use gentle cleaners and cerave cream. My regular care phys told me he didn't think I had rosacea & the derm just didn't have any answers for me. My doc has me on prednisone but so far, not helping. I do have an appt. with a dr. Joop Grevelink in Boston. I was referred to him as a leading derm but he also does laser treatments so if he recommends this, I will DEF not do it after reading the posts on this site.

I was not using any retinol products before or after the peel.

Peyton, how long did the burning last for you once you discontinued the retinol? I can live with the texture changes, if I know the pain will go away soon.

Thanks to all for the replies - I am so sorry we are all here on this site because of damage at the hands of so called "professionals".
LF5

PostPosted by meemz » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:17 pm

Hello everyone,

I see that it is been a long time since someone updated about their condition after stopping Retin-A. I hope that everyone is doing ok right now and completely healed from these toxic products and damaging machines. My story is that I used Retin-A for almost a year because my dermatologist told me so ! A week after I stopped Retin-A, I noticed that my skin is red, so I decided to see another dermatologist, who told me I have rosacea and need to do a Pulsed Dye Laser treatment. It was only one week after I stopped the Retin-A. I know I should have not done the laser especially that it was only one week after I stopped the Retin-A and the redness I had was from it and not rosacea. I rushed into trying so many treatments and did not let my skin heal on its own. The laser just made my condition worse. It is been almost 4 months since I stopped the Retin-A and since the laser treatment, but my skin looks horrible. My skin is so sensitive to the point that I cannot use anything on it. I cannot cleanse, I cannot wear sunscreen, I tried different types of moisturizers, but most of them irritate my skin. Every time I take a shower my face turns really hot and burns. The areas that were treated with the laser are red and I get so bad flare ups. I am so sensitive to the light and sun and my skin looks as it was sunburned. I went to several dermatologist, and each one diagnosed me with something different. Last week I went to a new dermatologist who told me that what I have is caused by the Retin-A. He told me that I have acute dermatitis and because I used the Retin-A for a long time it irritated my skin and brought so much blood to my face and caused it to be inflamed. The dermatologist told me that my skin will get back to normal (as it was before the Retin-A), but it will take some time. I did a biopsy that showed that there are white cells in the dermis that are fighting the chemicals from the retin-a and they should not be there. The doctor prescribed an ointment to help with the inflammation and was told to use it for a week and then will see what happens.
I believe that I have this orange peel texture and my face is so flaky and red. I still have the burning and stinging sensation.

I am really seeking support from you guys because I feel really lonely and do not know if this nightmare will ever end.
meemz

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:01 pm

Your skin is inflamed. Inflammation is the enemy. You need to do your best to control the inflammation however works best for you.

Stress can also aggravate and increase inflammation so do what you can to reduce your stress levels. I know all of this sounds difficult but it can be done and will ultimately help your situation if you control the inflammation and stress.

DCNGA

PostPosted by electricboom » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:22 am

Hello Meemz,
I'm sorry you're feeling down about your skin. I am still going through having skin problems, from an over the counter Retinol. Skinceuticals Retinol to be exact. I only used the product for about a month and a half! In 2 weeks it will be 10 months that I have STOPPED usage of that devil cream...I've seen some improvement but not back to normal...it gave me some pretty deep scars (mostly on my left cheek...some on my right too...) as for the pores...the ones on my right side seem to be improvig more, (it looks like the pores are on the top surface of the skin ...rather than deep like before)...my left side pores are slightly deeper...so Im hoping the pores will go away soon, but as for the scarring it gave me, unfortunately I think it will take a lot more longer, if it goes away at all..but they do seem a little more shallow. I'm still baffled on how it did this to my skin...if you go to thread page two on this topic you will see that was my skin in february...I used to take pictures to try to keep track on progress but since it's been a long time, It's hard for me to take pictures now..but I will post some before..and how it is now soon. I've been taking enzyme supplements for inflammation, hyularonic acid supplements, i just bought an omega 3,6,7, and 9 capsule yesterday(all in one)...so trying that one out..occasionally I take a few others that are supposedly good for skin recently got MSM powder too that i put in my smoothies. .... I've been trying my best to incorporate alot of fruits/veggies in my diet because they have wonderful healing powers. I'm drinking a green smoothie as we speak . :) ..It's been a long hard road for me, and others too i know...thankfully my depression/anxiety hasn't been as bad as the beginning...but I still have my days.

I just ordered some emu oil...I heard it was good for inflammation, it didn't work that well on me before, but since it's been 9 1/2 months, I'm going to see if my skin favors it...

Hang in there, this is def. the most difficult and most trying period in my life (and others) but we have to be strong and persevere. It can get better. Try not to loose hope.

Hugs.

Stacy
Last edited by electricboom on Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
electricboom

PostPosted by meemz » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:11 pm

Hello Elec,

I am glad that you are seeing some improvements and which you a complete recovery. My main concern is the redness and inflammation that are not going away even with medication. I am afraid that I caused a permanent damage to my skin :(

I am taking supplements as well (Vitamin C, Cod liver oil, and Evening primrose oil). I will start drinking lots of green tea and chamomile tea and hope that things will change by time.
meemz

PostPosted by WG1 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:32 am

EB, I am so glad you're seeing more improvement!

Meemz, I am so sorry about your situation. I wish I had never gone to a dermatologist. I look back on all the years I went to derms and nothing every worked except azelaic acid on pimples. That's it. All the other creams and antibiotics and junk didn't help. I did try Retin A for a very short time but I guess not long enough for problems to occur. Then laser really did me in. I don't even look like the same person anymore!

I hope you heal, many do heal. Take good care of your health. You can also take turmeric in supplement form in addition to a topical like Psoria Gold. It reduces inflammation.

Here is some more advice on inflammation from Dr. Weil http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA142972/Anti-Inflammatory-Herbs.com
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by bluebuzz81 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:34 am

Meemz,

I am so sorry about your situation. Your skin cnodition sounds extremely similar to mine. I had laser about 3 years ago where the doctor completely burned and scared my entire face. If you look at me up close you can see the redness and the burn squiggly marks and my skin folds when I smiile like paper because he has destroyed my entire underlining of my face. So I used Retin-A and it worked wonders for me at first, but I think it was too strong for me and caused me damages and my skin is extremely sensitive. I have severe light sensistivity and also I could not use any products because it burned me so much.

I strongly suggest you do the fruit diet rightnow! Hopefullly after 3~ 6 days you will notice a difference. Your inflammation should subsidize immediately. What you do is, you eat a fruit for breakfast, lunch and dinner 1 kind at a time as much as you want, but you must eat them 5 hours a part. I have a thread on it. And if you get hungry just drink water in between lots of water. Water is essential for good skin.

It’s a very strict diet, but I have noticed that my church members that are doing it are doing it kind of casually not as strict, so on the days when you are suppose to be on fruit they do it strictly, but when you are supposet o be eating veggies and rice, they eat stuff like sweet potatoes and such and just try to not eat very unhealthy meat and also not very frequently maybe about 1 time a month. But they do eat meat here and there. Very lean healthy ones like duct or fish. I have just started back again and it does take the burning on my face completely away and nothing has been able to. And my sensitivity has subsidized remarkably to the point where I can have a normal life again.

So, during your fruit days ( I would do 3~ 6 days of the fruit) I would not use Psoria so your fruit sugars can take a full affect on your skin with no distruptions and the days when you are not doing the fruit I would put Psoria Ultra on your face. You really should notice a difference in your inflammation within 3~6 days but I am still struggling with scarring, texture issues, pores and others, but I really don’t believe that others were burned as bad as me because I remmber seeing blood moving around underneath my skin after the laser procedure. I was red as a tomato and it was so swollen to the point of not being able to stretch my face any longer. He burned my inside and left the outside intact. I went to the doctor the next day to ask if it was normal because I was in so much pain, and he said it was…. ( Not sure if itw as out of ignorance or fear of me suing him.. but.. whatever!!) And I know scars will take a long time, but I am eating a lot of fruit with enzymes hoping that will eat away the scar tissues and give me some fresh ones. ( Keeping my fingers crossed)

I really believe in this and have tried everything and feel eating well is extremely important because a lot of us, the damages are so deep that the topicals are just not enough because they can only penetrate so much. And if you think you can’t absolutely do this, I would still try to eat healthy as EB said. I really wish someone told me all this right after the damage, but I found all this out after 2~3 years out. =(
bluebuzz81

PreviousNext

Return to Support for New Members (PUBLIC)