Website

(Members Only) For more experienced members or those further along in their damage. Discussions of damage and supporting one another.

DISCLAIMER: This area is geared to those who've come to terms with their damage. What might be discussed in this forum may not apply to your situation. If you are experiencing anxiety from your situation or are not prepared to read what some have experienced, please do not read this section. If you are new, please post in the "New Members" section.

Website

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:56 pm

The forum will remain here, but we now have a website for IPL and Laser Damage is:

http://www.iplandlaserdamage.com

It is still very much a work in progress and much needs to be done but it is up and can be viewed.

More changes to come and if something is wrong or does not link properly, please let me know.

Remember it's not finished.....
"It is a good thing to learn caution from the misfortunes of others."

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

Re: Website

PostPosted by prague » Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:22 pm

love it!
prague
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Kiki » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:30 am

Nice!
Kiki
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Re: New IPL and Laser Damage Website

PostPosted by WG1 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:38 pm

Excellent! I have one criticism. We don't know that Angela's aneurysm was not do in part, or totally due, to direct device damage and I would prefer that that was left to conjecture. I hope it's not the case but we know that delicate tissues beyond the fat layer have been harmed. I'm sorry if that is frightening to anyone but I often wonder. Besides, if nothing else dissuaded a potential laser candidate, that could do it.
That being said, I hope no one will assume that this will happen to them. I take a lot of supplements for cardiovascular support for this reason and for the health of my skin.
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by WG1 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:40 pm

Did I just post in the wrong place? Sorry if I did!
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by DCNGA » Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:59 pm

I don't know, what did you post?

"If you wish to succeed in life, make perseverance your bosom friend, experience your wise counselor, caution your elder brother, and hope your guardian genius."
DCNGA

PostPosted by WG1 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:05 pm

On "New IPL and laser website."
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

Re: New IPL and Laser Damage Website

PostPosted by DCNGA » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:07 pm

My info came from Cherry, re the aneurysm and her suspicions. I feel obligated to honor her opinion or not voice one at all.

DCNGA

PostPosted by DCNGA » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:12 pm

Thank you, Ruffian. I'm sure trying to get it done. I've done little else at night. I've got some other stuff done that I have not published yet. I also bought SEO, so we should get up high in the search engine rankings as soon as I get that working.

DCNGA

PostPosted by sjane333 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:58 pm

Great Job. I think the photo part is what will make people think twice.
sjane333
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Silvernickle » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:13 pm

Looks great D!!
Silvernickle

PostPosted by WG1 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:42 pm

I think there is more damning evidence in terms of scientific studies starting with the Bassichis study on Thermage -Thermage or not, many of us have had this same outcome with other lasers and IPL. Also, topics 20, 26 and 28 or maybe they're there -I'm having trouble with PDFs.

I hope I'm being helpful and not too critical. I think the website is awesome and I know you've done an enormous amount of work. thank you, D!
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Kiki » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:09 pm

Hey, was just going through the website and looking at the photo page... noticed it says Angela died October of 2000, but wasn't it 2009?
Kiki
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by WG1 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:03 pm

So, while I am NOT asking you to draw a conclusion about Angela I wish the cause was left open.
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by DCNGA » Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:41 pm

I will take out how she died because aneurysms are not typically caused by stress. However stress can contribute to hypertension which can cause an aneurysm. I have not read her autopsy. I have no idea if she was hypertensive or not. I will simply remove the cause of death.

DCNGA

PostPosted by WG1 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:35 pm

I'm sorry!! I didn't mean about the aneurysm but any conclusions as to what caused the aneurysm

I do not have hypertension. I have low blood pressure. That, again, is just ME. I'm just saying if I -God forbid- happen to die of an aneurysm I want direct device damage to be considered. It just occurred to me that it is a possibility and, therefore, I needed to get it out there.

I'm thinking I might want to get checked for it...given the thunderclap headaches.
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by Hummbird123 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:26 pm

I believe that stress is one of the worst things for a body. All of us here know that the stress of device damage is unbearable and probably one of the worst stresses we've ever felt. Ongoing stress of this magnitude is bound to affect our bodies adversely. This is my greatest fear, that the stress of this situation is going to make me physically ill. Cardar mentioned this. I believe that Angela's aneurysm was related to device damage, but I don't think we can emphatically say it was directly related. It could have been indirectly related (high blood pressure due to the stress). I think we also need to be careful about not attributing everything to device damage. We want people to take us seriously and if we say device damage causes everything, I think ultimately, it could end up hurting our cause. Granted, I DO believe that device damage probably causes a myriad of health problems, I think we need to take small steps and try to bring awareness to this one step at a time. I feel like we have such a long way to go. I was reading thru Angela's post and she was an amazing, kind, intelligent and giving human being. I am so saddened by her story. I got chills when I read something she wrote in one of her posts-that she wished she would get an illness and die....
My experiences, thoughts and recommendendations for healing after device damage.
post11655.html#p11655 I am Erica now on this forum.
Hummbird123
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by DCNGA » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:03 pm

There is a scrolling marquee that I can eventually incorporate that might be able to scroll pictures across the first page. This will be a slow process. I will have to do these things over time. I'm not a web designer (as evidenced by the non-elegant website) so it takes me a while to do much and figure out features and new stuff.

I definitely need more pictures. If anyone is willing to share some high res pictures with me (CV has!!), I can crop them and not show your identity. I don't share pics and those here who've shared their pics with me over time can attest to that. So, if anyone is willing to share their pictures with me, I can put them on the website. I would gladly send a sample back to those who share for approval before posting on the website.

DCNGA

PostPosted by andrea » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:12 pm

wow, those pics are powerful. i hope the other people in those pics were able to be helped. i just hope someone looks at this and does not say "this will not happen to me." i am not sure how much i would have looked at it and not said that. we never think that this will happen to us. as far as pics, i am not that brave.

andrea
andrea
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by cveroleyva » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:01 am

Hey D,
I'll give you more shots of my skin, this time smiling, hopefully I won't have to go through a 100 takes to land a clear one, so it may take a little time. I've got all the fab premature lines and bumpy lumpy texture. Im in the process of writing a thank you card to Lumenis with my pics enclosed. Idk, self therapy gets me places...lol.
Also, i definetely will be blogging in may.
any more news on dan? has he seen your website?
cveroleyva

PostPosted by WG1 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:02 am

Haha! A thank you card to Lumenis! Great idea! Know what else you should do? Send a copy to your local newspaper. Pictures and letter. Write a good one!
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by WG1 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:31 pm

One thing I noticed in the photos section. Some of the photos need more explanation. maybe point out that Angela had fat loss? I think many people are capable of seening her erosions but don't see fat loss or understand what has changed.

And the young woman who was damaged by IPL for melasma. If we don't point out that the dents are from IPL, people will assume she had acne scars before. We've all had the experience of being told they're just acne scars when we know they were not there before. I had some of these little dents myself and they are gone since FG. I remember a particularly bad smattering under my left eye. I had had the worst hyperpigmentation in that area and the doctor really must have turned it up there.
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by cveroleyva » Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:33 pm

I'm adding my two cents, lol. Im the girl with melasma in the pic. I didn't have melasma prior to ipl, I underwent the treatment because when I would get a pimple, I would get a blemish that would last at least three to four months and slowly go away on its own. Because I had a wedding coming up, and wanted to try something new for me, I took the bait. Post ipl, I have melasma all over and its a side affect of ipl, plus all those scars and dents directly from ipl. I posted my pre pic up on realself, and D you can put it up on the website next to my post. MAJOR DIFFERENCE! I want everyone who is debating undergoing this treatment to see. I looked for your review wg1, but can't find it yet. DId you post under lasers, ipl, or something else? I can tell you if its there or not since I haven't been banned. And if it's there, I'll click on it regularly so it trends as the most recent!
cveroleyva

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:03 pm

WG1 wrote:One thing I noticed in the photos section. Some of the photos need more explanation. maybe point out that Angela had fat loss? I think many people are capable of seening her erosions but don't see fat loss or understand what has changed.

And the young woman who was damaged by IPL for melasma. If we don't point out that the dents are from IPL, people will assume she had acne scars before. We've all had the experience of being told they're just acne scars when we know they were not there before. I had some of these little dents myself and they are gone since FG. I remember a particularly bad smattering under my left eye. I had had the worst hyperpigmentation in that area and the doctor really must have turned it up there.

Problem is that I'm limited to space when it comes to the pics. The pics comprise the scrolling screenshow on the first page. If I change one, then the other is also changed. I have to have short descriptions so that when it scrolls the caption stays with the correct picture.

DCNGA

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:37 pm

To get to the blog, click on the blogger button. It's a direct link to the blog.

DCNGA

PostPosted by WG1 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 5:51 pm

I see. Sorry if I seemed too critical, D. It's a great site!
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by DCNGA » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:30 pm

No worries.

DCNGA

PostPosted by WG1 » Sun Jul 17, 2011 9:48 pm

Same goes for YOU, Erica! xo
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by cveroleyva » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:47 am

Thanks Erica:)
Hopefully my ruin is helping somebody else save their face. It's so wierd going from smooth to this, yuckth. But what gets me even more are people that have acne, rosecea, other symptoms and thier docs and providers sell this like the holy grail to them. It's unnerving. They prey on people's vulnerabilities.
But we'll all manage one way or another;). And hopefully karma will bite them straight in the butt.
cveroleyva

PostPosted by Silvernickle » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:09 pm

CV, I just have to say that I just love reading your posts ....
Silvernickle

PostPosted by WG1 » Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:15 pm

I agree. You have a very positive attitude, CV!
WG1
Long Time Member
Long Time Member

PostPosted by cveroleyva » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:22 pm

And I love reading all of your guy's posts:)! Thanks, you ladies help me vent, absorb, learn and get through this mess.
cveroleyva

Return to General Discussions (Supporting One Another) READ DISCLAIMER BEFORE ENTERING THIS AREA OF FORUM (MEMBERS ONLY)